Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 4 results

1. Hi all, I am trying to write a lisp that will create a DropDown list in Autocad. With the selection from the fields I want to execute different commands that I have defined before. (defun c:create_dropdown () (setq choise1 command1) (setq choise2 command2) (setq choise3 command3) (setq choise4 command4) (strcase (initget (getkword [choise1/choise2/choise3/choise4])))) )
  2. Hello, I have AutoCAD 2016 since yesterday and I've noticed that when you click the drop down menu for dimstyle, it has all of these picture's with it. Can this be removed so it only shows the text? (Like in AutoCAD 2014) Thanks!
  3. I would like to add a drop down list to a block. I would appreciate any help in getting this set up. Ive done a fair amount of research and it appears that things much more complex can be done but this simple task has me stumped. Background: We use the same block (symbol) to represent several different part numbers, but would like to select from a drop down list the actual part number. For example, a beacon symbol is the same no matter what color the beacon, but i would like to be able to select a grip and choose red, green, blue, yellow, ect. I don't want it to do anything to the block, but rather just store the property that is set by the user. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this isn't that hard, but i cannot figure it out. Thanks
  4. CADproNY

Dropdown List

I am trying to create a dropdown list, what I am looking to do seems simple enough in theory. Just like excel I want to create a data validation (list). option 1, I have read several post's with people who seem to be trying to accomplish the same thing, the answers I am finding are basically saying to paste a link to the excel file. This would be great except the folder the excel file would be in is always re-named from (template) to a specific job name, thus causing my link to break and teaching everyone in the dept. how to re-link the file seems like a pain. option 2, I was thinking of doing a visibility state on an mtext or attribute, I couldn't get the attribute to change visibility states and the visibility state for mtext does not seem like the right solution. option 3, using a table or data extraction in CAD from the pasted in excel file, thus allowing me to create the drop down list. Attached are 2 pictures of the what I am working with, we use an excel file to write out a list of materials (always different) and then we have to re-type or copy and paste these materials into the titleblock. We are using ACAD Arch 2012 & 2013 Thanks in advance for any advice, macros, or solutions !Problem = Need drop down list ---> Want to select the W# ---> Want the description to populate the titleblock from CAD table or excel