Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'scale drafting'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 5 results

1. Hello, I have 6 storey buiding, each storey has a GA plan scaled 1:50@A1, but one of them doesnt fit on the page as it has Mews at the back, can I separate it or how would I go on about it? If I would change the scale the others would look lost on the page, could I have a different scale on this plan to others? Thank you
  2. Hello, The layout scale in my drawing is set to 1:1 (image 1). However, the object is clearly not 6 inches, as it would be more than half of the 8.5" width of the page (image 2). What is scaling the objects? How can I not have the objects scaled? Thank you for your time.
  3. Hello everyone, My question (confusion) is about scaling. I know all drawings are suppose to be drawn 1:1 in model space. But what if I run into drawing that is not drawn 1:1? What should I do then? For example if a drawing is done say 1/4"-1'0" how do I check it or how do I change it to 1/8"-1'0" I am using auto cad '12 Architecture.
  4. Hi I've bee using AutoCad for a while now and while I'm no expert I can do most of what I want, but I'm just about to embark on a new project which I'm not quite sure on scale. The aircraft I intended to model has a length of 137ft and wingspan of 140ft. Now I can't build it that big but it will probably be around 5-6ft in length once I settled on the scale I'm going to use. My question is do I draw at its original dimension and scale it in paper space or should I draw it in the size its going to be. Any suggestions Thanks
  5. PaulSimms

Scale Disproportionally

Hi, Being relatively new to AutoCAD I am used to lots of nice tools in other software like being able to click on a padlock in the scale>settings box to scale the contents of my selection in either the X or Y direction. I can't find a way to do this in AutoCAD - any ideas a re appreciated as it's driving me mad !!