Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 5 results

1. There I was, fooling around in the CUI window adding panels to my Home ribbon, then when I was through, I noticed all my points disappeared. Trying to figure out what went wrong, I learned; 1. my points are not missing, just not visible in the model tab. They exist, they show up in toolspace>points, and in layout views. 2. they are as if they are on a frozen layer. I can't see them and I can't select them with a cursor window, but I can select them with qselect, which I know they are selected because it tells me so on the command line. 3. not all points are gone from sight in the model tab, just the ones which were on and thawed while I was tinkering with CUI. If it was vice-versa, i.e. I could see them in the model but not in a viewport I could blame it on viewport freeze, but not so. I messed with PDMODE and PDSIZE, of course to no avail. I am working in Civil 3D 2010 and more than a little baffled. Thanks, Bill
  2. Can a lisp programmer review my code to find out what's not working? This code will restore an attribute's grip when used with BricsCAD, Draftsight Professional, ZWCAD 2014, 2015, 2017.... But doesn't work in AutoCAD which is what I use most of the time. The grip apparently is controlled by LOCKED option when creating the attribute tag. ; ULMA - Work properly in ZWCAD, Draftsight, and BricsCAD...but not AutoCAD ; UnLockMyAttribute ; Steve Remenda ; July 30/2014 ; July 5/2016 Tried again to get grips turned back on. no success. ; DXF code 280 lock position flag within the block reference should be 0 (defun c:ulma ( / cmd enam edat1) (setq cmd (getvar "cmdecho")) (setvar "cmdecho" 1) (setq enam (car (nentsel "\nSelect Select attribute turn on grip: "))) (setq myinsert (cdr (assoc 330 (entget enam)))) ;get the block (setq my280 (cdr (assoc 280 (entget enam)))) ;get current 280 cons value (if (= my280 0) ;if the attribute is locked (progn (setq myval 1); 1 to show grip (setq edat1 (subst (cons 280 myval); ; Change the DXF code pair (assoc 280 (entget enam)) (entget enam) );subst );setq - this does display the list and cons 280 does show a 1 (entmod edat1) ; but this returns nil. Should it? (entupd enam) ; this should update the attribute (entupd myinsert) ; this should update the block ); progn then when lock is visible (progn ; Else attribute is something else (initget 1 "Yes No") (setq x (getkword "\nThis attribute grip is already on. Do you want to turn it off? (Yes or No) ")) (if (= x "Yes") ; if user wants to apply italics (progn (setq myval 0); 0 For No grip (setq edat1 (subst (cons 280 myval) ; Change the DXF code pair (assoc 280 (entget enam)) (entget enam) ); subst ); setq (entmod edat1) (entupd enam) ); progn to make attribute visible ); if Yes response );progn Else attribute is something else ); if an attribute is selected. (command "REGEN") (setvar "cmdecho" cmd) (princ) ) ;ulma - UnLock My Attribute
  3. Hi, is any way to get command line status by programming in visual lisp? I.e. finding whether command line is: on (visible) or off (invisible) floating or docked (fixed) I appreciate any help.
  4. Hello, I work for a practice of landscape architects. On the project I'm working on we have a series of drawings covering the site layout or construction details. Each drawing will issue corresponds to a page layout. When we issue revised drawings to the contractor as PDFs we also need to issue DWGs to the other members of the design team. I bind any xrefs and remove all unrelated page layouts... however, the DWG is still very large and most importantly the model space still contains a lot of extra, unnecessary information. It's just not cost effective to manually strip away objects that won't be visible in the page layout. Is there a way to delete all objects from layers that are frozen or not visible, or all objects that are visible but do not appear within the viewports on the current page layout? I already PURGE and -PURGE RegApps to reduce some clutter and reduce file size. Oh - I've also tried the Export Layout tool. This frequently crashes with a fatal error and when it does work, the resulting model is in page units and looses it's "position" in the real world. We're using both LT 2013 and LT 2014. I think we have access to a version of AutoCad Map 3d 2013. Thanks for your time in reading this!
  5. 'ello, I'm a fairly new user of Inventor 2009 and I've run into a problem I have no idea how to get around. I've created to separate shelled loft parts that that have no volume-they reflect two different surveys of interior tunnel walls. I've placed both of these parts into an assembly to make a representation of the tunnel, but then when I go to put it in .dwg format, nothing! No matter what view I select it's just an empty box. When I just put the part itself into a drawing it works fine, something about putting it in the assembly is making it not translate over? Has anyone else had this or know how to get around it?? Any help would be greatly, GREATLY, appreciated!!