Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

1. I looked for a way to create a detail and arrived to Layout tab, Crate View, and Detail. But at Create View, Detail is dimmed, non clickable. Can someone help? Thanks, Luis.
  2. Hello CADtutor, First time post, long time reader. Huge fan. I tried to find this problem on the forum before posting, but had no luck. I am trying to have a dynamic block that will show the profile of a steel plate, detailing the angle of a bevel. Including the plate thickness, the land, gap and the actual angle of the bevel. I've gotten most of it figured out, but having a grip to SET the angle at a specific number, while maintaining the drawing's integrity is proving difficult. I have attached the block I have created so far (minus the previous attempts to rotate the beveled angle). BVL_detail.dwg The basepoint of the rotate parameter should be at the junction of the bevel & land. I need it to stay connected to the end point of the top-most flat line as it rotates, which means the lines need to stretch to match the changing angle. It will either rotate that line along with it, or if I apply a stretch tool, it gets all disconnected and just plain wrong. One of the things I am liking about my current set up is I can grab a grip, and then type the number I need and it will pop on into place. Was hoping for the same effect if I typed in the angle, it would be exactly that, while also adjusting the drawing. I'm hoping to get some direction of things to try, or a straight solution. I've been tweaking with it for the better part of the day and finally conceded to ask for help. Even alternate solutions would be greatly appreciated. My first attempt was to have prompts that ask me for the details, and after I answered them all, it would just makes the detail for me. But that's some super secret CAD magic I just don't possess yet. If clarification is needed at all, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
  3. Marcel8

3D S Max Model detail

Hi I'm new at 3D modeling. I see a lot of good models of anything but is curious about how they start these models. I see a face model that looks really good and smooth (very basic, no extra), but I want to know do they start with low poly models or do you start smooth? And when you start low poly, how do you know how many, and how do you know how the end result will look like. Of course you don't want to smooth a face until it looks like a balloon. In a few models I've made just from scratch (not faces but like a gun or whatever), I've used the Ctrl+M and it make it smooth on the selected polys but it pulls my verticies to places I don't want them to be, then I need to make little adjustments. Is this normal or what? I would like to hear from experienced 3D modelers that know a good solution to this. Thanks