Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 4 results

1. Season's Greetings, I recently found this on YouTube and thought I'd share in the holiday spirit! It seems legit. Happy Holidays, PLQ
  2. amerdsp

Spur Gear and Rack

Hello all, Can anyone guide me how to go about designing a spur gear and rack? Here is what I have so far in Inventor Pro 2009: - A cylinder (this will be the gear) - A square rod (this will be the rack) - Tangent constraint between cylinder and rod. - In Dynamic simulation, I produced a rolling joint. Now when I want to create the gears using design accelerator, how do I specify the rod as the 2nd component? I do not have that option. I am new to inventor and being an electrical engineer who does not know much about gears is not helping either. Any hints or pointers appreciated. Thank you for your time and help. A
  3. How do I do gears in Inventor 2011? I've found the spur-gear option under the design "tab". But then I get some problems... I've tried to turn my current "wheels" (see picture) into gears, but that don´t seem to be the way to do it. I also tried using component instead of feature, and then I get them to rotate however the gears collide. I don´t know how to solve this or how to do this properly.. Any help is appreciated. //André
  4. So I am trying to get the area of the 2D gear face I just made. I tried doing it the way stated: "Tip. A fast way to calculate an area bounded by several objects in 2D is to use the BOUNDARY command. With BOUNDARY, you can pick a point within the area to create a closed polyline or region. You can then use the Properties palette or the LIST command to find the area and perimeter of the polyline or region." but the BOUNDARY command did not work and it gave me an error of "valid hatch boundary not found." Is there a better way to figure out this area or any way that I can fix this error. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.