Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 1 result

1. Hi Everyone, I've been lurking here for over a year now and have found lots of useful information (thanks!), but I've finally done something that doesn't seem to have been solved before, and that there may be no easy answer to. We use a complicated system of layer states, views, and freezing and unfreezing layers to set up different print states to create a package of drawings. It is sort of a wacky use of AutoCAD, but this is due to the necessity of showing an opera as it progresses through time (Act 1, Act 2, etc.). We have hundreds of operas in our repertory and this won't be changing anytime soon. Anyway, as it stands now, there is a .txt file that lives in the same directory as the file containing the scenery that is manually created so that print scripts can work. I am attempting to turn that .txt file into something that lives in a dialog box for ease of use and cleanliness. The data will be stored in a mulitline attribute in a block. I've spent a fair amount of time creating a dialog box that changes size dynamically, allows for reordering of printouts and having multiple scenery layers appear on the same printout. My only real issue (which is of course a big one) is that if you add too many rows, the dialog box becomes too big to fit on the screen. What I would love to be able to do is to make the whole box (except the buttons at the bottom) scroll up and down so that the height of the dialog box is fixed to the smallest screen we use here (~800 pixels). I've spent a little time with OpenDCL but find it a bit byzantine, and I don't know any .NET or VBA so either of those solutions will involve me learning some new programming languages--not necessarily a deal breaker but not ideal either. I'm attaching a .dwg with the attributed block and the .lsp file for anyone who wants to take a look. The command c:met_plot_2015 will create and open the dialog box, which you can then manipulate. I appreciate anyone who read to the end of this post, and any help you can provide. Thanks, Eric P.S. The printing function doesn't actually work yet; that's next on the list once I solve this. specialblock.dwg BETTERPRINTING 5.LSP