Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. Is there a way to tell which of a pair of constraints is the dominant one? The 2 glyphs look identical :? but can act a lot differently. If I know, then I can remove them and do it the opposite way, I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I might be working with an inherited dwg or enough time passed and I forgot how I inferred them. Thanks!
  2. I use Autocad 2013 and i use the classic set up. and last week i accidentally clicked and lost my classic set up. When i tried to pull up the icons and reset but nothing happens. I have managed to confiqure it back to autocad but the pulldowns are not showing the commands it should. the draw for example is just showing the word modelling. I presume that its been reset in some kind of 3d mode, has any one else come across this and is there a command or series of commands that convert it back to the normal 2d set up. Any help would be very much appeciated. thank you
  3. I was wondering if I could find a way to change some of installed add-ins icons in AutoCAD 2014 plug-ins tab.
  4. Our company switched from Norton to McAfee antivirus. Immediately, my AutoCAD 2008 started crashing while creating New drawing for the 2nd to 3rd time (first time works ok). Since I was the only one having this issue out of 500 others, IT personal reinstalled my AutoCAD. Nothing changed. So my windows user profile was deleted. It seems that this worked. But this created a lot of mess for me to set since I lost a lot of personal settings and preferences. While doing these settings, I reallized that my AutoCAD again started crashing. I accidently realized that the Window setting for the icon display under MyComputer>Organize>Folder and Search options>View> Always show icons, never thumbnails, when checked crashes the AutoCAD. I dont like the thumbnails of any document so I wanted to check that box. Then I switched back and checked the AutoCAD and it was working fine. I tried this several times back and forth and concluded that this was it. However, I'm still not sure why would AutoCAD fail on the windows Icon display setting. Strange but true (alteast for me). Hope this helps anyone troubleshooting. Regards,
  5. rstadtman

Block, Image, Extraction

Is there a way to add an image or icon as an attribute to a block? I have created a lot of dynamic blocks and use eattext to extract data to a table for an equipment legend/table. I always have to add the legend symbol to the list manually and was wondering if there is a way to insert or link an image so that when I create the legend the symbol will automatically be loaded.
  6. 1. How does the stretch command work? I'm trying to scale an object solely in the Y-direction. Is making a block out of all the objects I want to scale the only way to do this? 2. I have a few blocks that I want to make icons for so that I can just click them from the ribbon. Is this possible? 3. How can I set text defaults? i.e. I'm inserting a lot of multi-line text and I always want to justify it MC (middle center) but the default is TL I believe, is there anyway to change this? Thanks