Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 7 results

1. Good Morning All, All of our drawings are produced in 2D AutoCAD, generally building elevations, roof plans and sectional details. What I want to be able to do is measure a dimension on the plan of a roof, but, use a lisp to apply a factor to this so that the output dimension shows the length at the pitch of the roof... In other words if the plan dimension was 5000mm, but the roof pitch was known to be 10 degrees, the output of that dimension would show 5077mm. Or, at 15 degrees, the output would show 5176mm, etc, etc. What I would also like to do is apply this lisp individually or to a group of dimensions. Hope this makes sense!!
  2. Hello, I'm in a grade 12 Drafting class, and I need help with drawing my roof. It's at fllorpamnsn.dwg
  3. Here's an odd one (hi everyone!), a planning consultant has asked me to show the roof pitches on a site plan, and I'm stumped. Any ideas? This is what I've done so far: Sorry to bother, any suggestions welcome! I'm so far thinking of showing a few basic cross sections on the same drawing sheet. This isn't a CAD technical thing, just a 'how to portray information' thing Look forward to your comments
  4. GeorgeCF99

Roof framing plan from hell

I am currently using AutoCAD 2009 and have a plan that either needs someone who knows what they're doing when it comes to designing a roof framing plan or someone who knows how to rework the roof design into a more buildable structure. The current roof plan just has one section where I can't make sense of how it would be constructed (lots of hips, valleys, and slope changes). I will be building under NC code, and need help bad!
  5. I have a mono pitched roof and i have placed a gutter on it, but the ends on each side of the gutter are open. How do you close them or place end caps on them? Please help ASAP!!
  6. pls can anyone tell me how to make a 3d model for this roof plan I have tryed a lot but I cant do it can anyone tell me how to do it pls I will apload the roof plan too pls help me this is the roof plan http://www.4shared.com/photo/iqNao6jz/roof_plan.html thnx
  7. Hi, so yeah... all i want to do is create a simple roof (well actually the final roof is a little more complicated) I've drawn the roof shape with the line tool (rectangle, 2 triangles for the ends and a joining line down the centre), extruded the shape a little, converted into poly and dragged the 2 centre verteces up. I'm supposed to have a simple roof shape but instead its just extruded the lines and theres a rather wierd poly at the bottom... i dont get this at all!!!! I have found after hours of puzzling, that where 3 lines connect the verteces wont connect, maybe this has somthing to do with it?? Why is it so difficult to create such a simple shape???? Theres also a tut if you search for how to model a roof which uses this method, but i still cant get it to work. I'll try and post an image of what i'm getting, thanks in advance!