Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'plot publish page setup'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 1 result

1. Hey there team, I have created a bunch of Page Setups (for both Paper and PDF) that work great when plotting from the plot menu. Lately, I've convinced my people to start using the sheet set manager and the publish command. However, on some computers, (not mine) plotting (to PDF) from the Publish dialog box outputs a file that seems to ignore the page setup. Using the very same Page Setup, the file comes out perfectly when plotting from the regular Plot menu. I don't understand how: 1- I get the same result with both methods on my computer (the one used to create all those page setups); 2- I get page setup to apply perfectly on my computer; 3- I get the expected result on the problematic computers when using Plot; 4- But I get different results on the problematic computer when using Publish. *Note: In the publish dialog box, I use "Publish to: Plotter named in page setup" and then I select the wanted page setup for all my selected layouts in the list. My page setups are using "DWG to PDF.pc3", so the "plotter named in page setup" in all cases should be "DWG to PDF". I've been doing tests with PDF files set on A1 format (841mmX594mm) and the output is perfect on my computer. Then on another computer, strangely, I get a PDF with these dimensions: 863.6mmX558.8mm (34"x22"). On the second computer, doing the very same steps, I get 431.8mmX279.4mm (17"x11"). Three computers, three different outputs with three different values. One works, two miss. I'm stoked. Keep in mind that all three computers output perfect files when using the standard plotting menu (using the same page setups) so I doubt the page setups are incorrect. Does the Publish command deal differently with page setups than the plot command ? I would have assumed that both commands would react the same. I 'd like my team to be able to batch plot like I can on my computer. Thanks for any tips/help/solution/clues!