Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 11 results

1. Hi all, I am attempting to get a viewport from blocks in modelspace to paperspace with a layout template. I would like this automated by selecting all the blocks in numerical order and placing them on the correct numbered layout. I have found plenty of lisp out there, but nothing that seems to work 100%. I know there are programs out there, but I want to try to learn autolisp with this project. I think I was able to get close with these two: Draw bounding box on object-from Blackbox Create multiple viewport from multiple rectangle in model space-from hmsilva The main difference I want to change below is to select all of my objects, instead of being prompted to select a single object, (defun c:BNDBX (/ eName mn mx) (vl-load-com) (if (setq eName (car (entsel "\n >> Select Object >> "))) (progn (vla-getboundingbox (vlax-ename->vla-object eName) 'mn 'mx) (vl-cmdf "._rectang" (vlax-safearray->list mn) (vlax-safearray->list mx)))) (princ) ) ) I have tried inserting (if (setq eName (ssget "_x" '((0 . "INSERT") (2 . "PageView")))) on the 3rd line with no success. Eventually I would like to have the second code produce layouts in order. But I figured I would get this chunk sorted first.
  2. Hi all. I've looked pretty much everywhere for a solution. I basically what to show the UCS at its origin, just like the command UCSICON>OR>ENTER but for all spaces. I can go this route but this means iterating through all the layouts. (foreach itm (append '("Model") (layoutlist)) (setvar "ctab" itm) (command "._ucsicon" "ORIGIN") ) Would there be a vla-put method for this?
  3. hello, i am pretty new at vb.net and i am stucked at converting coordinates from model space to paper space, so please help at this. Actually i need some examples how to get coordinates from model space point to paper space (for example i am selecting point in model space and other point in paper space and i need to draw a line between them(visually) in paperspace. Or maybe i can add object to array in modelspace(that i could have right coordinates), do CHSPACE and get these objects in paperspace array(that i could have new objects' coordinates)? Sorry for my english, if someone can help pm or reply..
  4. Is it possible to exclude from a vba macro for Autocad a specific region? For example, apply this macro not to all modelspace but only to a part (which has not lines as boundaries but defined only by position reference x,y in autocad). Thanks
  5. Hello, Can anyone tell me please if this can be done? Ideally I would like to freeze or at least off-state a layer in Modelspace but keep it unfrozen or on in paperspace Thanks Dimitris
  6. Hi All, I am new here and currently working on a addin related to AutoCAD 2010 prototype. I am working on modelspace not on Layout or paperspace I have 3D wireframe drawings which is a block reference. Example: I have a 3D wireframe drawings of a rectangular box The drawing contains a block reference of a rectangle in different views(Top, Front and left). Now when i insert the block to a new drawing, i can see all the blocks are set to Top view by default. How to override this behavior? I need to place the block as is.
  7. Hello Everyone!!! I am having a hard time searching for this request, as I am unsure how to even begin. Hopefully you guys can assist me. What I would like to do is: There are times when I draw in modelspace, I get a little sloppy as far as organizing plans, elevations, and details. Some of it is due to poor planning while other times the drawing details will expand more than I had anticipated. Usually this happens after I have already set up my views in paperspace. What I am trying to see if it is possible to move modelspace objects and be able to quickly update the paperspace view because reorganizing can be tedious. Any pointers or info (other than be more organized) would be wonderful!
  8. So we do a lot of 3D coordination using AutoCAD and Fabrication, and since we upgraded to 2015, we've been having a lot of issues with viewports and the UCS. We all typically have at 3 viewports in modelspace. One big one for the plan view, one front view, and a side view. We change them a lot on the fly depending on what we need to see. For example, we'll place a line of ductwork in the plan view and then switch over to one of the side or front views to check clearances between services and adjust accordingly. However, now the viewports keep changing their UCS and we don't know how to fix it. So we'll set a view port to plan view, go to the front view, and not be able to move or dimension anything properly because the UCS looks like it's matching the plan view? Instead of having Y pointing "up" and x pointing "right" in every viewport, the UCS in every viewport will relate to the last view you set. We're assuming it's some variable that didn't get carried over in the upgrade, but no one can figure out how to get it back to the way we usually draft. Don't know if this is the proper forum, but please help?
  9. I have read some posts which encourage to draw the drawing in MS without dimensioning and do it in PS. This will solve the scaling of dimension properties like text height and arrow size. One dimension style could be used for all VPs in PS with different scales to maintain the uniformity. While drawing in MS, I need to know the dimension and that is why I am forced to put dimension in MS to ease the drawing process and avoid shifting back and force between MS & PS. Those members who still support dimensioning in PS, how solves this issue? I would like to hear members experiences and comments.
  10. Hello, I'm a fairly new Autocad user, and do not work for a professional drafting company. I was wondering if there was a way to see and adjust paperspace viewports in modelspace. By adjusting viewports in modelspace I would like to be able to adjust the size of my rectangular viewport in modelspace to encompass what I want, while keeping the viewport on paperspace the same size (to encompass the entire print page). I would like my modelspace viewport to simply adjust the zoom in and zoom out of my paperspace viewport. Otherwise if there are other suggestions, I'm open to them. I'm just trying to figure out a better method than individually zooming in and zooming out and re-adjusting my paperspace viewport. Thanks
  11. I'm just learning the differences between model space and paper space, and I'm having trouble drawing something in model space that has the same scale as the template I set up in paperspace. I set up a dwt with my border and title block, used it to open a new drawing, and started drawing in model space like I'm supposed to. But now, even though the paper size is supposed to be the same for both drawings (I checked this in Page Setup Manager), my drawing is huge in model space and not nearly as big as it needs to be when I view it in paper space with my template around it. How can I get the scale of the drawing to be the same and plot preview the same in both model space and paper space? Does it have something to do with viewports?