Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. Where would (if there is a way) I change the default setting for linetype generation? Whenever I draw a polyline the setting is set to disabled. I would like for it to be enabled instead. Any help is always appreciated. Regards, Miller
  2. So, I'm in Vault trying to open a file with the right click. I hit "View In Window" instead of open - at least that's how I remember it. It opened the window DWG TrueView instead of AutoCAD. I tried opening AutoCAD and browsing to a file to open it. That didn't change t back to AutoCAD. Then I had to go into Windows to reset it to AutoCAD. I'm not familiar with "AutoCAD DWG Launcher", but that is what it got set to. That was making CAD difficult for a little while. Does anyone have a read on why Autodesk would set this up this way?
  3. Hi all, Some how the variable for saving the dwg file has changed. So, when I save a dwg, I get the prompt for me to type in the file name. Anyone know by chance what the setting is to change it back? Many thanks
  4. This seems like a simple setting but I can not find it. I am working on a drawing that has been created by another firm. Due to the building not having the normal 0/90 walls they have rotated the orthographic projection to a 15 degree angle. When I try and draw a straight line in the "straight" part of the building with my ortho on, it pulls the aperture to 15 degrees. Yes, I could turn my ortho off but would prefer to toggle the angle between 15 degrees and 0/180 degrees. What is the setting to change it and how do I get there?
  5. CyberAngel

Logged out involuntarily

Is there a way to extend the time the forum keeps me logged in? If I spend too much time on a post, I have to log in again. Sometimes I have to open another window and look something up, or test my advice in an actual drawing. Then, if I forget to save my work, it gets lost. It's kind of frustrating.
  6. M29

Setting up STANDARDS!

I freelance for 2 small offices (2 people and 3 people) and both offices aren't incredibly saavy with autoCAD and have asked me if I could set up some drawing standards (standard layers with standard lineweights and linetypes, standard titleblocks for different sheet sizes, standard textstyles, standard dimstyles, standard plotstyle, etc.). Both are interiors firm that work with architectural backgrounds most of the time so we just use other firms' drawing sheets and build on those (this is why this hasn't come up before). I see the importance of having firm standards, but I'm not sure where to begin. I don't want to waste a ton of time with trial and error (although I'm sure I can manage that way)... Can someone point me to a book or web site or even give me basic instructions? I'd like to be the most efficient and thorough I can. Thanks!!!