End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 4 results

1. CADMAN57

New line type and font

Good morning... I'm creating a set of new utility line types for our surveying department. Water lines, sewer, and so forth. They will all have a "W" or "SS" in them, depicting the type of line. I want them to look differently from our civil department's lines, so I am trying to make them with an oblique text style. I created a new text style called Simplex, and used the simplex.shx font type with it. However, the line styles I created don't recognize that I put an obliquing angle on the text style. And, of course, the simplex.shx doesn't allow you to put an obliquing font style on. My problem is that these drawings might be sent to clients who don't have civil 3D, but are using other software, so I don't want to stray from the simplex.shx too far. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Hello all, I'm looking for some way to convert ESRI ArcGIS geodatabases and/or shapefiles into CAD linework using vanilla AutoCAD. In my office (petroleum industry), we use utility data, parcel and ROW data, and topo data (especially contour lines) the most, so these categories are the stuff we would be importing into CAD the most. Now, due to how rarely this issue comes up at my workplace, I can tell you that I will never get authorization to buy a Civil 3D or Map 3D license, nor will I ever get authorization to buy any third party conversion software that is more than about $300 (I've been begging for a $300 copy of Manifold for months now to no avail). I had found and downloaded an add-on from somewhere, and although it worked occasionally, it still couldn't handle .gdbs but only the older shapefile format. I also tried ESRI's ArcGIS viewer for ACAD but that seems to only allow viewing- not export or manipulation of data. Does Autodesk or ESRI (or any third-party developers for that matter) offer any affordable add-ons that would allow us to convert shapefiles and or geodatabases into vanilla AutoCAD 2014/15 linework?
  3. I am using AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011. I am trying to import a shape file (contours) into a drawing that was given to me by a client. So I went into the Tool-Based Geospatial workspace, went insert>map import>selected my shape file and clicked ok. It inserted, but its in the wrong spot. I'm assuming this is because of different coordinate systems used when making the shape file vs. my drawing. Here's my dilemna. I right-clicked my drawing settings and it has no coordinate systems. I'm told that the shapefile was created with the NAD83 Zone 13 coordinate system. I'm wondering if there is a way I can get these to match up without messing up my drawing. I'm very new at this, and there may be a simple solution. Any suggestions?
  4. Hi, im working on a project for university and it involves using .shp files, which i've imported fine, however the problem is that when i draw a line or polyline then save the file, close the program, reopen the file, the polyline appears for a split second while opening but then it disappears once the shape file loads. the polyline is on an active layer and i cant find it even when i untick the shape file in the task pane box so that there is nothing else in the drawing window. Any help would be greatly appreciated!