Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'print to scale'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

1. Hi all, i am new to AutoCad and as the subject has mentioned, i cant seem to find anyway to correct the size of the plan it appears on the paper. Played around with scales but my it does not work at all.. i Have to submit in a day's time and really need help asap!
  2. This is just a general question about annotative text, something I've noticed as we transition from 'each scale has its own text-dimension layer' to 'annotative'. I'm still a bit confused by the relationship between annotative scales in both DIMSTYLE and STYLE, and viewports, and actual plotted size on paper. For example, my 3/16"=1' annotative scale measures 8" high in model space (as measured through the viewport, which is set to the same anno scale). It measures exactly 1/8" high on paper when printed- with the anno paper text size set to 1/8" in STYLE. Now, that's fine with us engineers- mostly, we just want our text to be uniform. However, our architect insists that something is wrong because that text should measure 6" high at that scale, he says. He even gave us a handy chart to use: SCALE: RATIO: TEXT SIZE: 1/16"=1' 192 18" 3/32"=1' 128 12" 1/8"=1' 96 9" 3/16"=1' 64 6" Etc etc. I'm sure you're all familiar with this. So...what's the deal here? Are us engineers right, or is the architect? It seems to me that maybe if the text measured 6" high in model space via the viewport, then the text would be 1/10" on paper...which again would be fine so long as everything is uniform, but a bit smaller than our norm (which is theoretically Arial 12 pt font). And if our architect is right, then how do we get the text to be 1/10" high on paper while keeping our UNITS set to Architectural? I tried setting STYLE text height to 1/10", but it seems that ACAD is having none of it so long as the UNITS are set to Imperial fractions of an inch.
  3. Hi I need help My client needs an a3 drawing I drew converted into a PDF so he can print the PDF off to the correct scale. I created the pdf in autocad 2012 to A3 size and a scale of 1:1. I emailed the PDF to my client who now says that the PDF is not to the correct scale when he prints it, I instructed him to select the 'actual size' option he then said it cut off the drawing at either end of the drawing. He getting very angry now. He wants to be able to open the PDF press print and it to print out to scale. Is it something I am doing wrong? I have never had this problem before and I am beginning to panic. Thanks in advance for any help