Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'autocad 2017'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 9 results

1. Hi, I have been working on the oleson village project for hours. I have read every thread here trying to figure out what a I am doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated I am having trouble starting the lines. I type LINE, click on bottom left corner, second point I enter 1421334.93,783207.62. No line appears. Could it b I have something on/off? Only snap is on. I have tried turning things on and off. F8 off. Tried ZOOM ALL. I cant get the lines to appear
  2. Hey everyone (again), Im having another unpleasant experience at the moment when i open DWG files for AutoCAD. I double click on them to open them through AutoCAD 2017 and i get a windows error saying "There was a problem sending the command to the program." But AutoCAD still opens up, it just doesnt open up the DWG, it goes straight to the main menu 'thingy' where i can see my recent documents and etc. i usually have to double click on the DWG somewhere between 3-7 times for it to produce my drawing and stop sending errors. If anyone could also help me with this, that would be awesome. Thanks much!
  3. mwade93

PC3 Files

We have a plotter in our office that everyone uses. However, this plotter was installed differently on all of our computers. I am attempting to change the names of the paper sizes, but since it is installed a system plotter, the option to change the name is grayed out. I have also tried to make it a PC3 file, but the issue still remains. Is there any work around to this issue?
  4. Many AutoCAD 2017 users still prefer the classic AutoCAD workspace with menus and toolbars, without Ribbon interface. At this link: there is a tutorial for recreate the autocad classic workspace.
  5. If you want to disable or to turn off the Start tab in AutoCAD 2017, you can see at this link how to do:
  6. If you want to transfer a workspace of Autocad from one computer to another, and you're looking for how to import, export, backup, and transfer settings to and from Autocad, at this link there is a tutorial:
  7. Hello, This is my first question to post so please bear with me. I have read several forum posts and howtos on the internet about using the accoreconsole to create pdf files from autoCAD dwg files. I have created an src file that searches the drawing file for some information ( sheet size, revision number, etc) and then calls the plot function. I have the src file working and I can actually generate a pdf file. However, I have two issues. The first one is the speed of the accoreconsole. When the accoreconsole is called the resulting window shows tons of lines scrolling like it's echoing the commands many, many times. The scr file does create a log file of the drawing it's opening and the parameters that it's read from the drawing so I expect some latency for file writes,etc but the src file takes about 60 seconds to create the pdf file. If I take the same lisp commands and paste them in the autoCAD commandline the pdf is generated in about 5 seconds. I have seen posts of users that have the same problem but they were not using straight vanilla LISP. The other problem is when the accoreconsole is called with the scr file in the same directory as the dwg file everything works but if the scr file is somewhere else then the accoreconsole errors, even if the full path to the scr file is given. I had this working (but still running slow) in AutoCAD 2014. My company recently upgraded to AutoCAD 2017 which is when the full path to the scr file quit working. Does anyone have any ideas??
  8. Hello, I have noticed that in AutoCAD 2017 whenever I make an arc that is dashed in a file and then xref it into another dwg it shows up as a continuous linetype. It does not help whenever I alter the LT scale and I am not sure why this is happening. It did not do this in 2016. Does anyone have any advice as to what the problem may be?
  9. rkmcswain

AutoCAD 2017 SP1 warning

Jimmy Bergmark from JTB World, has reported that the just released SP1 for AutoCAD 2017 breaks the functionality of the "plug-in auto loader mechanism". Please make note of this before installing SP1, which is currently only available via the Autodesk Desktop App. References below: Ref 1: AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1 and a word of warning Ref 2: AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1 is out but you probably don’t want to install it