Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

1. I need to know how to get the start and end points of a polyline. I'm a rookie at this and just learned how to pull out the start and endpoints of a line and when I went to do it to a polyline I was completely lost. Another question: I use a comand that takes a line and turns it into a perforated line with each segment being a separate poly line. It creates them all in order down the line. Immediately following this command, would there be a way to call the first poly line created to extract its data, without manually selecting it?
  2. Susan-Skye

help ending a spline

Hi, I've been using the spline command to represent lengths of flexible polyethylene tubing, but I'm having a terrible time ending the command after I've drawn the segment I need. Sometimes I'm successful and sometimes I'm not (it's always by chance), and I can't figure out how to just END the segment- I don't need to close it. The only two options the command gives are "close" and "fit tolerance". I've tried just typing "END" at the command line but that doesn't work either. And no, the ARC command is not easier for this task, so please don't recommend that I use it. I'm running AutoCAD LT 2009.
  3. I was using acad 2007 and it did exactly what I want. I am now using acad 2010 and for some reason when I draw a polyline and spline it with pedit, I cannot grab the endpoint of the line. The osnap doesn't see it. If I hit tab a bunch of times eventually I can get it to grab, but that is not efficient. It works fine with normal splines, but I use autocad as an illustration tool and regular spline doesn't work for my needs. Any ideas or help on a setting or something that I might be able to change would be greatly appreciated. This is a make or break deal for me with autocad. I will have to go back to 2007 if I can't correct this because a large amount of what I do is in these types of splines. Thank You.