Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'layer manager'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 8 results

1. Does anyone know how can i fix the issue when my layer manager is not showing in full screen, it only shows in small window just like picture below, i tried to drag the bottom window down to see me but it won't let me. i closed dwg and re open but it was till the same. is there any command i need to set to get it as normal. i have about 157 layers for this dwg, i want to turn off 156 layers and leave one turn on...............thank you for any help.
  2. Hello Guys! It's been a long time since my last post in this forum. Kindly please help me to find out which causes my drawing file size very large (around 42 MB). Hopefully this will satisfy my curiosity. Thanks! dwg file to download: https://we.tl/cBjbEGKQof
  3. I have a drawing with multiple Viewports using different Layer States. How do I know which Layer State is being used in each Viewport.
  4. My drawings have multiple layouts with multiple View Ports in each, the drawing has a few Layer States set up (mainly made up of VP freezes). Within each layout all different layer states are used in various view ports. Problem is when I have to update a layer state they don't automatically update all the view port using the same layer state. I have to individually click into each view port and restore the state via the layer manager the (there are hundreds of view ports). Is there a variable I have to set (my VISRETAIN is set to 1 and would like to keep at 1)? How can I make the layer state apply changes to all view ports (if not the whole drawing then layout by layout would help) using the same layer state when updated?
  5. Hi I had Auto CAD 2011 on a 32bit computer now work have given me a 64bit computer. I cant find the quick search facility in the layer manager on the new computer, can anyone help? Thanks
  6. Hello, Can you import layers from a file other than the AutoCAD types, e.g. .dwg, .dwt etc? I have made a list of layers in Excel that I would like to import into AutoCAD without having to manually create each layer at a time (there are approx 150 layers).
  7. Hi, I just want o know if it is possible to protect certain "Layers" thru password or by any other means so that nobody else can modify the layer properties. How? Thanks, msangabriel:)
  8. Hi, I am having problems with my Layer Manager. Say I make a new layer and then freeze it or turn off in certain layer states, and save changes. The layer does not respond to this- it stays visible when I return to the drawing, and then when I go back to the Layer Manager it is no longer off as I had set it. No matter what I do I cannot get new layers to respond to the Layer Manager.