Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 9 results

1. Hello people! Let me introduce myself first. I am a student who is studying IT but im actually into programming for last 5-6 years.. I discovered 3d cad modeling few days ago and since then I cannot stop watching all types of videos on youtube that are related to mechanical engineering topic ( part design ). I found it very very exciting and interesting, that is why i decided to start learning and practicing it .. I decided to start learning Creo parametric, from my understandings i do not need any background knowledge before start learning it ( i dont need to know any other software before start using it ) I would really like to start from bottom up, but here is a problem. On the internet i could not find any valuable resources that could help me with this. What I actually need is some type of a list with some sort of steps what to learn step by step. My main goal is to learn to design or model parts, assemblies,subassemblies,etc.. So as I said i need some type of general list step by step so i can start googling and learning on my own. Here is some example information how that list should look : This list is just example list and steps that i wrote are just for example purposes to show you what type of info i really need to start learning it by myself Thank you guys so much
  2. Dear All, Do you have any idea how can I convert this type of spline to a "normal" line? I think I get it from Inventor or Mechanical... I cant explode or extend, or add chamfer. Totaly useless! Please help if you can! Thank You! T line.dwg
  3. Hello, Im using AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 and Mechanical Desktop 2009 I have parts that have a material assigned to them through the 'MASSPROPS' dialog box. When assigning the material to a part, material properties associated with that part are assigned as well. Is there a way to either remove the material assignment or create a "dummy" material with material property values set to 0 and assign this new material to the part using AutoLISP? If not AutoLISP, is it possible using any other code type?
  4. Hello fellow CAD tutor Here I have a small project I’m working on. I’m new to all this cad design but I find it very enjoying, my cad skills is very basic but planning on improving. I’m currently using Auto CAD 2012. What I have problem with, is figuring out how to sketch this flange on cad so I can get it to a laser cut. Here I have uploaded some pictures and hopefully give you guys a good idea to what I would like to achieves. Pic 1 shows how the actuator fitted to flange, problem there is that the actuator rod is not pointing in the right direction, so I’m having this trouble getting full swing to actuator flap. So what I’ve done is by holding actuator with my hand it gives me a rough idea where the flange should sit, shown here in Pic 2. Now my big question is to how would I work out my angle? Position of holes? And so on. So I can create this flange on to sketch. If someone could give me some sort of advice and guidance to how I should take this approach will be much appreciate
  5. Hi, I'm new to the Forums and this is my first thread. I have been assigned to draw an isometric and 2 dimensional view of a sprocket. It has to be to scale with the sprocket given to us. I can't figure out how to measure it, much less start it. My guess is to start with the center, but I can't even measure that. When I figure out how to post a picture, I will. What I can tell you so far is that all I am permitted to measure with is a 6" CEN-TECH Dial Caliper. Not sure of the name, but I can describe the center hole(s). The center looks like a gear with 6 (flat) teeth. Above that (I eyeballed the bottom of it at about 1/8 in. away from top of center) is a circle that my caliper reads at 0.276 in. in diameter. It has 14 teeth. Sorry for the long explanation, but I want to make sure the responses can be accurate as possible. When I get the pic, I'll post it. On this thread. THANKS SOOO MUCH!!!
  6. Hello here! I'm new to AutoCAD (mechanical) but I've seen some intro video's (getting started video's) from AutoCAD and are very exiting to get started! Since I'm total new with AutoCAD, it's pretty challenging I must say! Let me give an example... From the picture attached, I want to make a mechanical drawing. It's a standard bracket wich I intend to ' copy ' by a local supplier. But he needs a nice mechanical drawing, with messurements / dimensions etc. Is there somewhere a tutorial or getting started video on how to approach this? How do I draw the first lines, do I draw a line / box or can I betetr do it on a different way? If I start to draw, how do I deside or let AutoCAD know wich view (front / side / etc.) I'm drawing? And because the bracket is allready bend, how do I meassure the correct dimensions in account for the thickness of the aluminium? Do I measure the inside of the bracket or the outside, or do I need to extract the thickness (2mm) from a certain meassurement? I have done some electrical CAD drawings with Cadsoft Eagle (for designing electronic designs and Printed Circuit Boards) but this is a whole different story... Hope someone is willing to help me with this one! Thanks for the time!
  7. I have some questionsconcerning AutoCAD Mechanical 2012, especially related the Bill Of Material (BOM)features. I have been using AutoCad for over 20 years, but am new to Mechanical and creating BOM's. I have been trying to create blocks of my companys parts, and cannot get the part references to work the way I'd like them to. I have searched the tutorials, help menus, videos and online forums (including this one) but cannot find anything that helps. Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you can help. My questions are: 1. Oncea part reference is created and information is filled out, does it only retainthe information if used in the same file? Shouldn’t it retain itsinformation if copied to another file? 2. Doesincluding the part references within a block interfere with its ability toperform, or its ability to be used as a master part file and inserted intoother drawing files as a block? 3. Ifyou can include a part reference within a block, does it still work well withmultiple part references within the same block? 4. Canyou modify or edit the colors and fonts of the BOM (parts list)? i.e., the color of the table/schedule and the fonts and color of text asthey appear in the parts list. 5. Cana new template be created with a customized BOM/parts list that is unique toour product?
  8. I'm having an issue with dimensions changing from when I save the drawing to when I reopen it. I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical 2009, exclusively in 2D. I save drawings in AutoCAD 2000/LT 2000 Drawing format to maintain backwards compatibility with our legacy documents which are still in regular use. The exact process is: 1. Create dimension in existing drawing. 2. Set units of dimension. Typically this is fractional. 3. Save and close drawing. 4. Reopen drawing, and all of the dimensions units are set to decimal to the fourth decimal point. If I interact with the dimension in any way, it will return to its set unit. For example, if I double click on it to bring up the Power Dimensioning window and just click Okay without altering anything, it will change back to its set unit. Likewise, if I move the dimension itself it will return to its set unit as well. So far my solution has been to simply select the entire drawing at once, then move it X units one way, then X units back. The move back and forth will return all the dimensions to their set units. Obviously this is not ideal, especially when sending drawings to co-workers who are unaware of the issue or even using different versions of AutoCAD. Thanks for any help.
  9. Hi, I am used to Autocad Architecture and using AEC walls. Now I got Autocad Mechanical and when I open a drawing with AEC walls they are completly dumb. Is there no way that I can use these elements in Mechanical? Thanks!