End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

1. cbuckner

Polyline disappears!!!

I am using AutoCAD Map 3D 2010. I have inserted my shp files of my points and a basemap that I use for ArcGIS. I can draw a polyline to connect my points and the polyline is visible and I save my map and close it down. But when I open the map again the polyline is not visible, selectable or anything. It will flash on the screen if i click the save button but then it disappears again. Does anyone know what the problem could be? It's driving me crazy!
  2. Hey everyone, Our office is publishing large PDFs for submittals from DSD files and we are hitting a snag where one custom linetype I wrote 5 years ago that referenced a shp file is working 50/50. Half of our DSDs are publishing 100%, then the latter half are not loading the linetype. Also, if I have the CAD file open that this linetype is used in, the linetype is not loading anymore after the publish from the latter half of DSD. If I just publish a couple pages from the file itself, it is publishing 100%. So is there possibly some setting in one of the other files of the DSD that is throwing off the reference path to the shp? Any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Below are the codes of the lin and shp. lin: rail.lin *RUNNING_RAIL,Running Rail A,0,-.013889,[RAIL,Z:\CAD\Reference Files\rail,s=10],-.013889 shp: rail.shp *1,80,RAIL 4,125,4,80,3,79,3,7,3,105,3,128,002,9,(-1,-64),(0,0),001,9,(2,0),(0,0),002,9,(-2,6),(0,0),001,9,(2,0),(0,0),002,9,(-2,122) (0,0),001,9,(2,0),(0,0),002,9,(-2,-6),(0,0),001,9,(2,0),(0,0),002,9,(-1,-58),(0,0),001,4,128,4,105,4,7,4,79,3,80,3,125,0
  3. barefootbob

Manipulating a SHP

I have received one (1) large SHP file that has all of the individual municipal/village boundaries for a larger city. I guess the same question would apply to isolating certain rivers or streams from a SHP file that contains all in the state. Is there any way I can extract or change these shape areas separately? The style editor unfortunately seems to only make change the entire SHP file when I make changes to the color fill, outline, etc. In summation, I would like to make individual SHP files of an original that has multiple boundaries. Thanks in advance. Bob