Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 13 results

1. Hi, I've found the align object lisp from Lee Mac (thank you sir). I have a slope for an underground garage where a special type of car can't pass the entrance (hanging too low). They have given me a model of the car. I want to align the car to the curve i've created. The problem is that the car has two tires, represented by circles. The point where they hit the curve is somewhere along those circles and i should align with 2 points to the curve. Can you help me out? The blue line is a section i've taken from the DTM, The green line is a proposition i've made with trial and error. car align to curve.dwg
  2. sandiegophil

table default style

Hello, I am having issues finding the location to set the default table style for a line/curve table. Any help is appreciated! thanks, phil
  3. The Segment Curve LISP is insanely useful for simplifying superfluous geometry. It splits a curve into a user defined number of lines. Currently I just follow Segment Curve with PEdit Fit to turn them back into curves. The problem is that this method adds lots of unnecessary curves back in and isn't very clean, so its usefulness has a limit. I am wondering if instead of splitting into lines, it might be modified to split the curve into a user defined number of curves to follow the original one? Alternately, if there are other ways to simplify geometry that I didn't know about (especially ones that will preserve corners) I am open to those ideas as well.
  4. MillerMG

Curve Table Row Heights

Hey All, Is there anyway to adjust the row height when making a curve table. i know that it is possible to adjust it when making a regular table but I do not see anywhere in the curve table settings/style to adjust it. I know its based off of the text height but its too much of a gap. Thanks for any and all help. Miller
  5. Hi all, I design concrete swimming pools... I have a drafting issue that hopefully someone can shed some light on. I have attached a diagram for your reference. I need to draw a curved line that starts tangent to segment (A) and hits points 1-3 and ends tangent to segment (B). The floor of a pool obviously is a smooth curve, not a segmented line. I would love to be able to represent that accurately. Any ideas?? Pool Section 2.dwg
  6. Hey, I am tracing a curvy 2D shape using arc function. I want the outline of the shape very smooth. I would like to know how do I draw arcs that can be tangent to each other so eventually I can get this shape very smooth and nice. Thank you very much!
  7. I am fairly new to 3D and am having problems with a curved overpass. It begins at ground level and curves both in plan but also elevation to reach 9m at its highest point. I just cant work out the concept of creating such a form. Anny help would be much appreciated You can see the plan of the bridge in front of the 3D structure. Thank you Bridge.dwg
  8. Automonkey

Custom Poly line/Path Array

Hello Y'all, In short I am looking to find a way to make a path array with changing lengths in between whenever there is a kink or turn in the polyline. For example, if I had a simple square "[]" and wanted to array circles around it, how would I make an array in which everytime there is a turn the path lengths between the circles before and after the turns have a different specific distance from the global array distance? Refer to the photo I am well aware of being able to manually adjust arrays by Ctrl clicking but in essence I am looking for a more automated way and if possible a more rule based array. Any ideas? Thank you!
  9. Hello, I've been having a lot of trouble trying to draw the front part of Jose Vasconcelos Library of Mexico Project by Eric Owen Moss. I figured out most of it but I can't close the last space. Any ideas?
  10. I have a paper plan set of a sidewalk that contains several simple horizontal curves. I've managed to use the curve data to replicate the sidewalk centerline in my CAD file. The outside edge of the sidewalk is kind of a zig-zag polygon line. To locate change of direction corners in the zig-zag line I was given the location point as a station along the trail and offset distance from trail centerline. My question is how do I easily locate a point along the curve at a specified station. I've managed to do a few using the MEASURE command and I insert a block at the specified station as a distance from the point of curvature. This works, but is very cumbersome and on top of that every time I insert the block it inserts 4 of them at the specified length that I entered. Please let me know if anyone has a quicker method. Also, if you know how to fix my problem with the MEASURE command I would appreciate that as well. Thanks,
  11. I have a really curvy sculpture. How do I draw the dimensions of the elevation for it? I have attached a picture of my drawing. I was told to do gidelines and show the dimension of them. However I find it not very accurate for the contractors to read. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance:D
  12. I am creating a set of parametric stairs. All of my constraints are in place for my 2 main work points. I am now trying to make an associative path array to depict the stair treads. Path array works great initially, however when I change my variables for stair height, my stair treads tilt with my work line in such a way that they're no longer parallel to the floor. The angle of the stairs must be variable as it will change from one set of stairs to another. All that said, I am wondering if there is some variable or command that will make the treads retain their ucs orientation regardless of the angle of my path line. I've tried every option while creating the array with no luck. Please Help.
  13. Does civil 3d 2011 have the capacity to model a pipe network that consists of flexible pipe such as HDPE? I am doing a plan for a force main sewer system that uses 2",3" and 4" HDPE pipe and the only way I have been able to represent it in my profile view is by using straight pipe segments. I want to show a vertical curved pipe as it would be installed in the field. What am I missing here?