Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'part reference'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 2 results

1. Hello, I have been a lurker on these parts for a while, now i need help with a problem of my own. (I use autocad mechanical 2013) I have a cad drawing which contains 1000's of blocks, each with its own part reference within. As we use autodesk Vault and cad's design centre in tandem both the block name and partref description need to match. At present many block do not. What I am investigationg a a lisp type routine which will automatically rename all blocks in a drawing with its part reference description. As I am a novice with lisp I would like the forums help with this. Kind Regards, lladoog
  2. I have some questionsconcerning AutoCAD Mechanical 2012, especially related the Bill Of Material (BOM)features. I have been using AutoCad for over 20 years, but am new to Mechanical and creating BOM's. I have been trying to create blocks of my companys parts, and cannot get the part references to work the way I'd like them to. I have searched the tutorials, help menus, videos and online forums (including this one) but cannot find anything that helps. Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you can help. My questions are: 1. Oncea part reference is created and information is filled out, does it only retainthe information if used in the same file? Shouldn’t it retain itsinformation if copied to another file? 2. Doesincluding the part references within a block interfere with its ability toperform, or its ability to be used as a master part file and inserted intoother drawing files as a block? 3. Ifyou can include a part reference within a block, does it still work well withmultiple part references within the same block? 4. Canyou modify or edit the colors and fonts of the BOM (parts list)? i.e., the color of the table/schedule and the fonts and color of text asthey appear in the parts list. 5. Cana new template be created with a customized BOM/parts list that is unique toour product?