Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'visibility states'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 10 results

1. Hello all, I have posted as a reply on other post to try and find a way to make what seems to be impossible...possible...First and foremost...I KNOW THE EXACT EQUIVALENT OF SQUAT!! about writing, reading, or understanding LISP or the verbiage associated with it. That being said, I would like to know in the most simplistic of terms, how to change the visibility state of a dynamic block using a field that is referenced from an Excel sheet. Here are the steps that I would like to take in order for what I want to accomplish to happen: open excel file input visibility state data for the block in a designated cell save the excel file open the AutoCAD dwg print (and have the block associated with the Excel input displaying the correct visibility state) I have attached a very simple block and excel sheet with this message, in the excel sheet I have copied the block information from the various visibility states using the LIST command in AutoCAD. I am currently using AutoCAD Mechanical 2018, but this block was made in AutoCAD Mechanical 2016. Here is a code that I copied from a very knowledgeable resource on LISP routines, Mr. Lee Mac, which I am sure that most of you have heard of. ;; Set Dynamic Block Visibility State - Lee Mac ;; Sets the Visibility Parameter of a Dynamic Block (if present) to a specific value (if allowed) ;; blk - [vla] VLA Dynamic Block Reference object ;; val - [str] Visibility State Parameter value ;; Returns: [str] New value of Visibility Parameter, else nil (defun LM:SetVisibilityState ( blk val / vis ) (if (and (setq vis (LM:getvisibilityparametername blk)) (member (strcase val) (mapcar 'strcase (LM:getdynpropallowedvalues blk vis))) ) (LM:setdynpropvalue blk vis val) ) ) My problem is the utterly embarrassing lack of knowledge when it comes to LISP code, so I have absolutely NO idea as to how to utilize or implement his program, what variables to change to fit my drawing or how to make it reference the field or Excel sheet. So any help would be greatly appreciated, and please, feel free to assume that you are talking to a complete idiot on the subject of LISP, because you are, and feel free to explain even OVER explain in detail the changes that I need to make in order to make this little bit of happiness work for me. Thank you in advance for all of those that have taken the time to read this, and have input to share. Thank you, Jetxcc
  2. Hello guys! I have a block with 6 visibility which I can change easyli with the drop-down list. It works well. But if I change the scale of the block it lose the drop-down list. In the block editor I can see the 6 different states but no drop-down list in the model space. Why? Could you help me? Do you have any ideas? thank you for the answer! T
  3. hello i have an existing dynamic block with several visibilities states. i would like to add another one but when i did it, it changes one of the existing visibility state my question is : how to add a visibility state to an existing block without changing existing states. thanks Phil
  4. To anyone out there, I'm working on a project and I need to get a block count of a select number of blocks within model space broken down to the various visibility states . I've used some of the Lee-Mac.com .lsp's, which work awesome but what i'm looking for is a combination of the three .lsp files. To put it simply how can I add a breakdown of visibility states to the COUNT.LSP that can be found on Lee-Mac.com. Thanks in advance. cadtutor.net newbie
  5. I'm trying to cut down on the number of visibility states for a block under development. Currently I have a rectangle, 4'x2', with other lines that I don't need to modify. What I want to do is to stretch the rect into a 4'x4' square and add 2 circles in the corner. I have no problem with the stretching part it's adding in the two circles that I don't even know where to start. This element will cut in half the visibility states that I need to make.
  6. Hello, I found this to interesting and proven on having more than 1 Visibility Parameter. The below link redirects to a page of 2 guys work Andrey Lazebny and Nikolay Poleshchuk. http://www.private.peterlink.ru/poleshchuk/cad/2009/tainypod12e.htm Their block works perfectly, unfortunatelly I was unable to repeat their work. I can't create more than 1 Visibility Parameter on either 2007 or 2012 AutoCAD. From some reason it does not want to use the defun commands. CAD loads it with no errors, both lsp files but once I'm trying to run those commands (visibility_add or move-parameter) it just gives me Unknown Command error. I'm not good in Auto LISP, but does anyone knows how to make this piece of art to work ? Maybe it's a AutoCAD version issue, but like described earlier I was doing the test on both 2007 and 2012 ver.
  7. I have a drawing with several dynamic blocks (over 1000 block references) with visibility states. I recently noticed that all of the blocks no longer have the option to change the visibility state (i.e. the upside down blue triangle no longer appears when clicking on the block). If I insert a new block it comes in with the option to change the visibility state. However, the previously placed blocks still do not have the option of changing the visibilty state. Even if I update the definition of all block references in my drawing nothing changes with the previously placed blocks. Is there an option/command to bring back the option of changing visibility states on my previously placed blocks?
  8. I need some help with this dynamic block. The visibility states are not working properly and always show the attributes. I'll be grateful for your help. P&ID Valve Symbol.dwg
  9. Hey everyone! First time poster, long time user. I run Autocad 2010LT at work, where I do fire alarm drawings. I've been trying to create a dynamic block (sort of a one stop-shop) for my wiring diagrams, and wanted to include device text with it. My question is, is there a way I can create a dynamic block with multiple visibility states where each state has it's own independent/editable attribute definition? Basically what I'm trying to acheive is the ability to make a different description layout for each one of my device types. (They all have a different function, and a different address style) Really so I can minimize the time I spend edititng the formats when I'm trying to crank out a plan review ASAP. Any help would be VERY much appreciated!! Thank you everyone!
  10. The Question: Can Visibility States be changed by an Attribute Value instead of the drop down arrow? The Situation: I am building an annotative block that the user wants to change appearance (ie different hatches inside a circle) based on an attribute value (1,2 or 3). The attribute is invisible and is one of +/-40 other attributes. I can change the appearance with visibility states and the little pull-down arrow on the block or the properties menu, but the user wants to be able to change it with attribute value. Is this even possible?