Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 9 results

1. Color of an Object, in a layer is not ‘ByLayer’. I try to change to ‘by layer’ through object properties but it doesn’t accept and keeps the color. What is the reason and how can I change it into another color?
  2. I am looking to add clarity to my models for my clients and one thing I think would help that would be to add colour to the models I have. Mainly I wanted the design to have some kind of bright colour and the existing topo to be a darker colour. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, J
  3. I need to produce a pdf in black/white/red. To achieve this I'm using a colour ctb but changing all the viewport layer display colours to white (except the linework that I need in red) and therefore print black. The problem linework is xref and seems to be either circles, rectangle or 3D polylines, that will not change their viewport display colour even though I have actually changed them to white? They just print their original colour.
  4. Hi All. I am trying to achieve the following: for example... in 100 floor plans there are blocks that have certain attribute values. i want to be able to create a script/lisp that will find all blocks that include a certain piece of text ie "window" in the attribute value and change the block to a certain colour. Essentially it is the same way that the "FIND" command works but via command line/lisp/script etc instead. This will be so i can apply this specific task without user input on the 100 floor plans. Is there a way to do this as ive searched hundreds of terms/forums/ideas etc and came up with only find and replace tools or change all text in a drawing to certain colour. Your help is greatly appreciated =]
  5. Hi all, I have 4500 OS mapping tiles which i need to convert the colours to one single colour rather than the varied layer colours they have at present. Obvioulsy doing this manually will take a long time. Is there a quicker way of doing this? Many thanks for your help. K
  6. Another noob question... How do we fill a rectangle or any close shape surface with a colour? Commands please? Gave a search and there was not much on the keyword "fill".
  7. I am attempting to do a preview print test of my AutoCAD drawing which I have made: SOLA4012 Pluto205.dwg 1. I cannot seems to print it in colour. Can someone tell me what I am missing? 2. My printing into PDF seems to be restricted by the dashed lines. How can I remove or expand this area? 3.The texts are also very crunched up and not as clear as AutoCAD. I am using the: DWG to PDF.PC3 setting > Paper Size ISO A4. How can I fix these output issuses? Many thanks!
  8. bobsy852

Plot styles

Hi everyone, I've been trying to edit the way some of our jobs print, we need them in black and white, with the exception of 4 colours. Using the plot styles manager I have managed to do this by turning all other colours to grayscale, while keeping the colours we want to print in colour assigned to their object colour. HOWEVER, when we printed it like this, our company logo on the paper space also printed in black (this made it come out as think black box on the page) The logo is made up of the following colours: 134,148,175 101,121,154 46,91,130 205,205,205 I tried to add these colours as individual styles in the "plot style table editor" however the buttons for "add style" and "delete style" are blanked out so cannot use them. I just wondered why this is, and if anyone can help me add these colours? The only way around it I've found so far is to change the colour of one of the 'standard' colours to the specific colours above: e.g; Change colour 2 in the Plot Style Table Editor, to have a colour of 134,148,175 and then turn the grayscaling off for that plot style. Although then if I have a layer with this colour assigned, they all print the wrong colour! Hoping someone could help me out here! Thanks a lot Rob
  9. I created an action macro to do the following: 1) Select all objects 2) Change the colour to "140" I saved it as "ActMacro001" I needed to apply this macro to heaps of files, and used the following batch process lisp (It applies ActMacro001 to files A.DWG, B.DWG, C.DWG etc): [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]defun[/color] C:BATCH[color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]/[/color] dwgs scr-name lsp-name[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]setq[/color] dwgs '[color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#ff00ff]"C:/A.DWG" "C:/B.DWG" "C:/C.DWG" "C:/D.DWG"[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] scr-name [color=#ff00ff]"c:/tmp.scr"[/color] lsp-name [color=#ff00ff]"c:/batch.lsp"[/color] [color=#ff0000])[/color] (create-script scr-name dwgs lsp-name [color=#ff00ff]"(ChangeColour)"[/color] [color=#0000ff]T[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]command[/color] [color=#ff00ff]"_.SCRIPT"[/color] scr-name[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]vl-file-delete[/color] scr-name[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]princ[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]defun[/color] ChangeColour[color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]command[/color] [color=#ff00ff]"ActMacro001"[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]defun[/color] create-script[color=#ff0000]([/color]scr dwgs lsp cmd save [color=#0000ff]/[/color] f dwg[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]setq[/color] f [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]open[/color] scr [color=#ff00ff]"w"[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]foreach[/color] dwg dwgs [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]progn[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]write-line[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]strcat[/color] [color=#ff00ff]"_.OPEN \""[/color] dwg [color=#ff00ff]"\""[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] f [color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]write-line[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]strcat[/color] [color=#ff00ff]"(load \""[/color] lsp [color=#ff00ff]"\")"[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] f [color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]write-line[/color] cmd f[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]if[/color] save [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]write-line[/color] [color=#ff00ff]"_.QSAVE"[/color] f[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]write-line[/color] [color=#ff00ff]"_.CLOSE"[/color] f[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]close[/color] f[color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000]([/color][color=#0000ff]princ[/color][color=#ff0000])[/color] [color=#ff0000])[/color] I have discovered now that some of the drawings which had the macro applied had blocks. All elements aside from the blocks were changed to colour 140. Now I want to improve my macro, or lisp routine, such that all elements within blocks are changed to colour 140, along with non block elements. Is there a way to automate the changing of block definitions with repect to nested object colour?? Would greatly appreciate some insight on this problem.