Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 13 results

1. Hello, I have a city map with lots of building plans, most of them are 3D polylines and all of them has different Z values, according to their heights. I want to make a 3D model out of it by simply extruding them. But those 3D polylines have vertexes on different elevations. Is there a way to find a geometric center for each of those 3D polylines and flatten them into 2D polylines that has the Z value of that geometric center. So that I would have 2D polylines with different Z values. (I don't want to flatten everything to Z=0) Thanks in advance!
  2. Hello everyone, I am quite new here in this forum and I was expecting some help. Recently I've been working with water distribution models and I just faced a wasting time problem when working with elevation data. People in my office have to look for every elevation data in the topografic dwg and then write down all those numbers one by one in an Excel spreadsheet. I think this process is kinda waste of time, so I came here looking for some help. If anyone could help me I would apreciate it very much. Basicaly, what I do actualy need is a lisp routine capable of converting a 3Dpolyline to a 2Dpolyline but changing also the 3D polylines' vector Z to the 2D polylines' elevation. For example: if I have a 3d polyline with vector Z value of 350 (meters), I want the lisp program to turn it into a 2D polyline with Elevation value of 350. Thanks in advance..
  3. Hello, Could you help me with the following question? I would like to filter all the texts and multileaders at Z=0. I could solve it for texts by using the following code, but it does not work for multileaders when I simply change TEXT to MULTILEADER. How could I do it? (sslength (ssget "X" '((0 . "*TEXT") (-4 . "*,*,=") (10 0.0 0.0 0.0)))) Thanks a lot, Cs.
  4. Hi guys, Long time ago ,I have written this lisp routine, This routine inputs a reference points coordinates, elevation and distance values from screen. It calculates several new points elevation and distance values and writes their elevation and distance values on screen. Can anyone help me compiling this routine in to vba code (defun C:x() ;We define the reference point (command "osnap" "int") (setq prop (getpoint "Define the reference point:")) (setq propx (car prop)) (setq propy (cadr prop)) (setq n 100) ;We define the reference point elevation (setq ropkot1 (entget (setq ropkot (car (entsel "\n Define the reference point elevation:"))))) (setq ropkot2 (cdr (assoc 1 ropkot1))) (setq ropkoti (atof ropkot2)) ;We define the reference point distance (setq ropmes1 (entget (setq ropmes (car (entsel "\n Define the reference point distance:"))))) (setq ropmes2 (cdr (assoc 1 ropmes1))) (setq ropmesi (atof ropmes2)) ;We pick up the new point (repeat n (command "osnap" "end") (setq p1 (getpoint "Define new point:")) (setq p1x (car p1)) (setq p1y (cadr p1)) (command "osnap" "none") (command "color" "white") (command "line" (list p1x p1y) (list (+ p1x 1.575) (+ p1y 2.1)) "") (command "line" (list (+ p1x 1.575) (+ p1y 2.1)) (list (- p1x 1.575) (+ p1y 2.1)) "") (command "line" (list (- p1x 1.575) (+ p1y 2.1)) (list p1x p1y) "") (setq m1 (- p1x propx)) (if ( (setq kot (+ ropkoti (/ (- p1y propy ) 10))) (command "text" (list (- p1x 3.0) (+ p1y 2.5)) 1.8 0 (rtos kot 2 2)) (command "text" (list (+ p1x 0.75) (- p1y 7)) 1.8 90 (rtos (abs mesafe) 2 2)) )
  5. 1st Post, woot woot. I searched through many of the existing forums but couldn't find one that addressed this issue... I work a lot with polylines, to create design contours. I usually have a contour at the bottom or top of a hill, then I use the 'offset' command to offset the line to conform to a 3:1 slope as far as I need, to tie into the existing topo. My problem is, after offsetting all these plines, they are all at the same elevation as the original line. Is there a faster way to change the elevation than clicking on a line, entering the elevation in the properties window, clicking on a new line, wash-rinse-repeat? This is very tedious, especially with 20+ offset lines each time. Or is there a way to offset with increasing/decreasing elevations each time? Thanks
  6. Hey all, I was searching for a lisp that would do the following: Color entities (polylines/lines) according to their elevation in RGB Gradient manner, what so far I came with is a lisp that would color point clouds but I couldn't use, and some non-free tools like EzySurf (Extra) and Carlson Civil but both use ACI Index, therefore options are limited, and so elevations, What I need is a one that could color entitis in RGB colors, let's say I have a set of polylines, minimum has zero elevation, maximum is 45, so I need the color of the lowest one to be (0,0,0)-Absolute Black, and the color of the highest to be (255,255,255) i.e absolute white, and the ones between to be gradient of both? and thanks in advance!
  7. Hi everyone, I imported some bathymetric coordinates to AUTOCAD map 3d, they appeared as individual blocks, the numbers with a centered cross. I kept only the elevation attribute, adjusting size and position. After that, I had some issues, following: I have to put them into a map, in different sizes and rotation angles according to the place, I made different blocks, separating above 10 meters and below 10 meters, because of the position of the numbers (have to be centered, matching the comma with the cross, and they vary depending on the numbers - 1 and 2 digits), and the blocks got mixed in their properties (size and color). I left them like that for a while, because I did manually, but I'm trying to solve this with some routine or queries. I also need to classify the different depths with colors, according to the location. Is there a way to do it? Is it better to change from blocks to text? I'm trying to do a query for that, but is not working for blocks or text, I guess I am doing something wrong. Could you please, help me? Thanks in advance.
  8. sandiegophil

going nuts trying to find default

Hello, I cannot find the default settings that control the point label style for a surface. I start a new drawing with no template, import an xml surface, turn on some contours and the points. I cannot find where that sneaky elevation style is hidden in order to change it. All help is greatly appreciated. Regards, phil
  9. Hi, I've had this ongoing problem where, when Clipboard>Copy(ing) contour lines and triangles, there always seems to be one contour line with a ridiculous elevation. i.e if all my contour lines were around an RL of 60-70 (as an example, this happens regardless of the spread or elevation of the RLs), there would be one line that is around +4000000, which is an extreme height. The problem I am having with this is that I can't trim or extend the line to meet the Title Boundaries of the property I am contouring. I export the Contour file (Created in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010) to a 2010 format, then open this exported file and Clipboard>Copy the contour lines and triangles from the file. I then Clipboard>Paste To Original Coordinates. This problem does not really affect my drafting, it has just become an annoyance after months of having to click and drag several poitns back to the title boundary. Thanks in advance and feel free to ask any questions if I have not been clear! ~ Jake
  10. Hi there, I have a 2d plan and several elevations/sections and was wondering if it was possible to do a quick mock up of what it would look like in 3d? Load drawings and just extrude somehow, or even import them in to revit? Im pretty new at all of this so hopefully there is a simple method? Thanks for your help.
  11. Hi there, i am facing problem to make change the elevation in Autocad'07. I tried "ELEV" command to done this. Elevation changes when i'm changing it but when i drawing a object i found all the in 0 elevation. whats the solution? And Another question is , Is it possible to scale up a particular object without changing its dimension? such as i draw a beam and its section,, i want the section Larger(without changing its dimension) but the beam as it is. Any answer will appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  12. Does anyone know how to add the profile elevation to the section view band style? I have a case where the profile is theoretical because it is under a median for the majority of the project. Because of this, I have my assemblies 4” above the profile grade line. I would like the sections to show the existing elevation (easy enough) and the profile elevation, not the section elevation. Any suggestions? Thanks. Quick update for anyone else with this issue: For a temporary answer, I made a second corridor without an offset in the assembly and sampled it in the section view, but did not draw them, then used that section elevation.
  13. In my current drawing, when I click into Model Space through a viewport and draw a leader, the leader is drawn with a Z coordinate of 0", but the text is being drawn at -9", so the leader is not associative and it doesn't have the tail on it. I just noticed it's also doing it in Model Space in the World UCS. How do I fix this?!?