Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. I'm in AutoCAD Architecture 2010. I've lost all menubars and need to reload. I was perfectly happy with the 2010 ribbon. When I search other forums it seems the answers are all geared toward restoring the older format of menubars because people are unhappy with the 2010 ribbon. That does not apply to me. I just want to restore the default 2010 ribbon menubar. I've tried the "Menubar" command and have not found the original 2010 default menubar. Maybe it's there and I'm not figuring it out. Can someone steer me to a path to reset and re-establish the default 2010 setup? I prefer to not have to uninstall and re-install the program to get back to the default settings if I don't have to. Thanks
  2. hey guys, I have map 3d 2010. when i was trained on this software i used the default ribbon based work space. our boss had someone come in to the office and standardize everyones workspace, which is great, as long as i'm just doing drafting. the new way it is set up is similar to AutoCad classic. but when it comes time for me to do any sort of GIS work, i can no longer get back to the ribbon based workspace. i CAN get the ribbon to come back, but when i do, it is empty. it says "the ribbon does not currently have any tabs or panels loaded." how can i get my default ribbon workspace back, without losing our, company standard, drafting workspace? i realize i need to set up a new workspace, i just have no idea how to go about getting all of the ribbon tools i'm used to. (default) any ideas?
  3. So I'm the unofficial Cad Manager for a small group of architects and drafters. Sadly, some of the architects are still using 2005 while I'm on 2008 and others are on 2010. Are there general rules of thumb for ensuring that we can all keep talking to one another? Specifically, we're try to decide if we should use annotative styles. I'm afraid we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot if we do, and find out later that there is no smooth transformation to and from the guy with 2005. More generally, is there a list of Cad functionality by year, so I can make these kinds of decisions keeping everyone from 2005-2010 on the same page? Thanks in advance.
  4. I have a project that has some files in 2010 (the version we currently work in) and some in 2007. I want all the files to be in 2010. When I open the 2007 dwgs in 2010, the attributes end up extremely large and some of the text is missing from them. I assume this has to do the with annotative properties in 2010 that are not in 2007. Is there a way to either modify the attributes in 2007 so they will appear correctly when they are opened in the new version or a way to modify them once the drawing has been opened in the new version? Hope that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
  5. At school I use Autodesk inventor 2011 pro and we creat all of are school projects on it. Our teacher told us to download the student software from Autodesk so I did, I downloaded the 2010 pro Educational version and I cant open the files from school in the Educational version and I can't open the files I made in the Educational version on the 2011 school software... could some one please help me.... I need to know how to open them up in both of the programs.
  6. Hello everyone. Ive been trying to change my osnap shortcuts so 'snap to endpoint = ctrl+e,' 'snap to intersection = ctrl+x' etc... Currently they are set to shift + e and shift + x respectively. When I go into the key input area of a shortcut in the CUI it opens the window for me to input a new shortcut key combination for the command. When I press CTRL nothing is entered into the input box, I even tried using ALT to start off the shortcut and that did not work either. The only key that works for shortcut combinations is SHIFT. Which doesn't work anyway, because obviously when Im in my drawing and press SHIFT + (letter) it just gives me a capital letter in the command bar which does nothing for me. Is there a setting I need to change to be able to use my CTRL and ALT keys in shortcut combinations? Any help would be greatly appreciated.