Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 7 results

1. Hi guys, I've created an AutoLisp app which creates a cross section of the 3D terrain grid. The terrain can consists of raw AutoCAD entities: MESH / POLYFACE MESH / POLYGON MESH (one or more, even combined). As an author, I will be grateful for any comment, especially suggestions for improvements and developments. Andrej Skvarca TERRAIN_CROSS_SECTION.fas
  2. Hello, I have a series of 3DFaces provided by the project civil engineer - these elements represent footpaths, roads, cycleways etc. These elements are sloping on various grades as one would expect. I'd like to generate a 3D Polyline that forms a boundary around all the elements that form a section of road or footpath. I can use the 3DPoly tool to visit each external vertex and snap to the vertex but is there a tool or Lisp program that can do this automatically? I've tried the LineworkShrinkWrap command but that doesn't retain all the correct Z values for the external vertices. In the attachment, the layer DESIRED RESULT (magenta) is what I am trying to achieve. Many thanks in advance! 3DPolyTraceQuery.dwg
  3. This point(ñ20,0) is actually from a book of Autocad 2010 & Autocad LT 2010 Bible. I find no ways to key in this point(ñ20,0) while creating a 3dface. Could some1 or pros tell me what is d meaning of this symbol ñ and how to key in this point ( ñ20,0). Pls feel free to ans my question Thanking you guys in advance.
  4. I have been searching for a very long time and i hope you can help me this way cause i found nothing. The thing is, i have a polyline and set its thickness but i need something like 3DFACE which can cover those open areas on the bottom and top. Nothing ever worked, except for dividing it into million pieces and applying 3dface/loft for each, lol
  5. I succeeded one to write a lisp routine to build 3D terrain model (DTM = digital terrain model) using autocad 3DFACE based on a text file with coordinates: point number, x, y, z. This issue concerns me greatly. What sorting algorithm is necessary to point? Any ideas? Costin TIN Model.dwg
  6. Hello to all, I am new at forums, this is my first post, but i expect to remain here. I am an Autocad noob (started this year at college). Our exercise was to create this Construction Detail in 3D using autocad, I made most of it but in the end i just made it using SketchUp and then converted to Autocad. The problem is that my professor wants all the 3d stuff, 3DSOLIDS. But all there is in my model is BLOCKS. (i use cmd LIST to check). Do you know how to convert these into 3Dsolids? Its very important. Thanks! BTW, i will leave attach the file so you can have a look at it better. File Link: http://d.pr/mpyF (If you are an Autocad pro and don't mind converting all those blocks to 3dsolid, that would be perfect, but i am here to learn too so an explanation is always welcome. I hope one day i can help around here:) ) PS: out of curiosity, i recorded most of the process and speeded it up:
  7. Hello!!.. I am using FE-pipe software for FEA analysis and it requires using Autocad to plot and mesh geometries.One example requires splitting the space between two concentric arcs into quads using "3D face" function. I have attached the before splitting and after splitting autocad files with this thread( I have got these files with the FE-pipe software) . Can anyone explain how one does this in autocad? Watever I do I cant seem to properly(ie. get the "begin" file to look like the "end" file) begin.dwg (I know 3dface function is used to define quads, but I cant understand how one draws these quads along a curve. One of the requirements for the FE-pipe software to work is that the corners of the quads lie on the curve itself). PLS HELP!! end.dwg