Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 7 results

1. Hello Friends. How are you? Friends, i have a problem. I have two splines located at same elevation with their ends connected. Now, i want to join these two into one. I have tried both join and pedit commands but none of them are working. I have attached CAD file and I am using 2013 version of AutoCAD. Looking forward to hear from you. Thank You Not_joining.dwg
  2. Hi all, I thought there might be an intuitive/simple way to do this. I've tried the lisp routine SSX, BUT when you run the routine you can't "keep" the selection to use the PEDIT command. Is there something I'm missing here?
  3. My grasp of auto cad(version 2004 here) is tenuous at best. I've attached two .dxf files. roof.dxf demonstrates what I am trying to create, roof panel 3d.dxf is what I actually need. From what I've gathered from reading and research that autocad won't "unroll' the shape so that I'll end up with a pattern that I can cut. I realize that there are 3rd party programs that will do just this. I'm trying to create a dxf file that will import. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. From what I understand my shape needs to be a mesh, but I am having trouble turning it into one. I can't seem to get the polylines to join to create a solid object. This is my first foray into something 3d and I hope I am on the right track. I'm kind of on a dead line with this fabrication project at work and I need to get some progress made. Any direction and pointers would certainly be appreciated. roof.dxf roof panel 3d.dxf
  4. Hi all, I'm familiar with the pedit command to turn a spline into a polyline, but I'm wondering if there's a way to change all Splines to Polylines automatically to save a hell of a lot of time. I've tried loading "Spline-to-Pline" LISP file, It's pretty shocking for keeping a reasonable tolerance and resolution at the same time as I need a line/arc length of at least .3mm for our CNC laser cutter.. Any thoughts? (See attached ACAD file with Splines I'm converting) Cave AUTOTRACE.dxf
  5. Hi everyone, I guess I messed up some strange option in AutoCAD here. For my job, I often need to add a number of vertices to a 2D Polyline / edit polylines. Until a couple of days ago, when inserting a new vertex to a polyline, it automatically jumped to the new vertex, so I would add a number of vertices by only using the (insert) command. But now, when inserting a new vertex in a polyline, the X stays on the original vertex, the vertex selected before inserting the new one. So when inserting a number of vertices, I have to press , then (next) for every vertex inserted. The way vertices get inserted now is as if you insert a vertex by pressing , then press for previous so the X jumps back to the original. I'd like to insert a couple of vertices without pressing each time! I have tried to find this option but couldn't find it anywhere. (pline options? Pedit options?) I am using AutoCAD 2010, no mouse commands (only keyboard). Hope someone can help me out here, thx in advance! EDIT: English + more thorough explanaition...
  6. Hi, Is there any way at all to draw a new polyline - from the endpoint of another polyline, and have it automatically join as one polyline from the existing section?? I know this can be done via PEDIT, but its so laborious and soo many clicks, and I have alot of segmented Polylines that I need to consolidate when I draft. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Matt
  7. I was using acad 2007 and it did exactly what I want. I am now using acad 2010 and for some reason when I draw a polyline and spline it with pedit, I cannot grab the endpoint of the line. The osnap doesn't see it. If I hit tab a bunch of times eventually I can get it to grab, but that is not efficient. It works fine with normal splines, but I use autocad as an illustration tool and regular spline doesn't work for my needs. Any ideas or help on a setting or something that I might be able to change would be greatly appreciated. This is a make or break deal for me with autocad. I will have to go back to 2007 if I can't correct this because a large amount of what I do is in these types of splines. Thank You.