Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'customization'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 23 results

1. Hi guys, I am new to LISP and CAD customization at all, so what I am asking for is a guide where to look and how to approach my problem. Sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker. My goal is to create button which will insert a block into my drawing (I know how to do that), block is a simple circle with a number, which represent a reference for some element, a stud for example. What it should do.... 1) click a my made button which start inserting a block with a midpoint (done) 2) click in a drawing and insert the block to a anyplace I want (dont know how to continue inserting without hitting the button again) 3) inserting the block will still continue but now it will be second one(3rd,4th etc.) and the number in a circle will be increasing by 1 4) I would like to specify from which number the increment numbering should start.
  2. Hey everyone! It's been a minute. Quick one here... Is there any way to lock the location of the Text Formatting box that pops up while editing text in C3D 2014? I'd prefer it to pop up over my Ribbon, rather than in the actual Drawing Window. See below for clarification. I thought I saw this ability in the CUI one time when I was helping a co-worker, and even thought to myself "Oh, hey! That would be very useful for my text editor!" But of course, I was pulled off to work on something before I got back to my machine to set it up, inevitably forgetting my personal task completely.
  3. Hello: I'm using Windows 10 64-bit for my operating system. I have ACAD LT 2009 set up to show the full drawing file path in the title bar, but I can't see any text at all in the title bar. This leads me to ask two questions. First, is there a way to change the color of the title bar font? I haven't been able to find a setting for the font color in options, only the font itself. Second, does anyone know of a third party program that can be used to replace the default ACAD LT 2009 color scheme? If I could change the program window to match my Windows 10 O/S color scheme, then I'd have a blue title bar with white text. I haven't found any settings in ACAD LT or anything on the Web that will allow me to modify ACAD LT's default scheme. Can anyone help? Thanks
  4. CADTutor

Anyone use Rtext?

Over the last week or so I've been updating some more of Kenny Ramage's old tutorials at AfraLISP. There are now 116 updated tutorials. Today I just completed an AutoCAD tutorial using a (little known?) Express Tool called Rtext (Remote Text). Although I was dimly aware of this feature, I've been blown away by how potentially useful it is. Basically, you can use Rtext in combination with DIESEL strings to automatically generate dynamic text objects that react to changes in the drawing or to changes in external text files. Take a look at the tutorial for some examples. Am I the only one for whom this is a revelation? Oh, sure, everyone else has been using this since for ever
  5. This is related to command LayerOrder or AecLayerOrder in AutoCAD Architecture 2015. This command lets user specify the order in which layers are displayed in the drawing. I'm trying to modify the order by program, but can't find where this list is stored. It has something to do with a dictionary AECDACH_VARS_UTIL within dictionary AEC_VARS, because when it's deleted, the layers go back to their original order. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  6. I use a the XLine command frequently when I draft to temporarily define some geometry, and then I Erase the construction lines shortly thereafter. Recently, I’ve been wondering if there is a way to make it so that every time I draw a construction line it is the same color. I understand that I could create a “Construction Lines” layer or adjust the current color before I create them, but I am interested in circumventing those steps altogether. My dream is that every time I start the XLine command regardless of the current layer or color, the construction line that is created is a specified color. That way they are easier to keep straight. It may just be an impossible dream, but given how customizable AutoCAD seems to be at the CUI level, I feel like it might be possible. My efforts to date haven't yielded any fruitful results. Any thoughts?
  7. Hi Autocad Experts, I am new to Autocad customization using VB.net. We have a requirement to draw a horizontal line from a given co-ordinate to the point where it intersects with any other line. It's perhaps already discussed in the forum, but since I am new to vb.net, I am not able to put things together. Appreciate any help I can get from this forum. Looking forward to replies.
  8. I've seen others like what I need but none exactly. I need a command so that i can draw a callout from a part using 2 clicks and a number will be placed off of the line but with with an option for a bubble or no bubble and landing or no landing. I will need settings for line color, layer and text offset from end of line. I'd like it to be like a leader as well so that text will stay upright despite movement. The auto-number will need a starting number and amount of increment. Prefix and Suffix a plus but not necessary. I want to enter the command, click click and have a callout. Then keep on clicking. Thanks in advance.
  9. Newb on CADtutor here so bear with me. I currently make technical illustrations using AutoCAD. When numbering the parts catalog illustrations I number each item the same "XX" then once I have assembled the parts list I go about numbering each item. I'd like a routine that after I change the text to a number other than XX, the text will change color and layer so that it will confirm the number is changed and done with. The layer I change it to would be turned off so that it would disappear during the process. I do this hundreds of times and would like it to be much faster. Once I find someone who can accomplish this then there are a number of other routines that may prove beneficial in a similar format. I basically need a "Numbering Mode" I can turn on and off. Thanks in advance.
  10. psuengineer84

Modifying Dimension Styles

I work for a firm that has horrible drafting conventions - i.e. exploded dimensions, etc. So, I am *trying* to match their crappy hand-drawn dimension style with a standard style. My question is how to remove the lines perpendicular to the extension lines that extend outside of the arrows when the dimension is very tight. See the attached sketch. I DO NOT want to have to explode the dimensions to make this stupid change I am being asked to do. Also, is there any way to add a leader arrow on the dimension text leader? Thanks!
  11. I made custom images for my buttons and saved my cuix. But when I reloaded the cuix the images that I made where gone? Where’d they go?
  12. Hope this is the correct furum. Running ADT2006. Is there a method a creating custom tooltips. Simular to osnap, when cursor hovers over a object and "endpoint" "midpoint" etc. shows up, I would like to have it show the objects Layer. Rather then selecting the object, I would like to hover over the object to detects its layer, before selecting, to select "object on destination layer". This can be inserted into my lisp routine or as a separate routine or part of a cui programing.
  13. Hi everybody, After a fruitless search for the answer to my question on the forums, I realized I should ask it myself... I am trying to create a custom palette with symbols that I use in day-to-day work. Ideally, I'd like to add a tilde, rotated 90 degrees and with a specified line thickness, in a few different colors, into a custom palette. Is there a way to do this that doesn't involve me making a tilde-shaped pline and filling it in? When I click and drag the tilde to my custom tool palette it appears as a link for DText. Although it isn't much of a hassle to emulate a tilde shape, I'd like to know if it's possible in general. Using AutoCAD LT 2011
  14. When I am not at work, hanging with buds, or watching football (Go Colts), I can ussually be found playing Xbox or PC games such as Starcraft or LOL. When I play games on the computer I tend to be very competitive. As a result, I own gaming input devices such as a gaming mouse or gamepad. However, these can also be used in AutoCAD to boost speed greatly. The mouse sitting at my desk is a Cyborg RAT 7, dubbed the transforer mouse. Using only my mouse I can switch between four different layers, and activate 8 different commands all without ever touching the keyboard or leaving the model space. Gamepads let you have more accessible hotkeys. No matter how fast you are at moving your cursor or typing in a command, hotkeys set up on a mouse or pad are quicker! Hope you enjoy this tip and that it will help speed up your drafting!
  15. I have an idea for scheduling our plant’s production but I don’t know if it is possible. I would like have your input. We use AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011. We also use Office 2010. I have some experience with Visual Basic. Here is the problem: We use Excel to schedule production of items in our plant. There are several workstations that produce several items each day. Presently, this activity is organized in a spreadsheet. This spreadsheet is manually updated maybe 2-3 times a day to reflect many variables that affect production. The data for this spreadsheet originates in the engineering department. This data is entered once in engineering for their use. Then again by the plant scheduler for his scheduling use. Then again by the plant scheduler to update our production database once the item is produced. I want to stop the insanity by entering the data once then using it many times as required. Concept of a solution: In AutoCAD, define a custom coordinate grid with days along the x-axis and the workstation numbers along the y-axis. Then, to represent each item to be produced, define blocks that would hold data from a linked Access database and production information (time/workstation, x /y from the AutoCAD file. When item data is updated in the database it would be reflected in the schedule. When the production data and location is changed in the AutoCAD it would be seen in the database. The scheduler could reposition the blocks in the AutoCAD file as needed to change the schedule. I really have no idea if this is possible. The idea came to me during my commute home one day last week. Thanks in advance for your comments.
  16. SAFeSTeR

.cuix association

Hi, I've just tried viewing my .cuix file in notepad to see if I could manually edit it and while doing so I inadvertantly left the 'Always use the selected program to open this kind of file' checkbox. I then associated it with AutoCAD, but since checking with a colleague, it seems it should be associated with an 'Unknown Program'. While AutoCAD launches with my customisation as it should be, I just wondered if this association will cause any issues in the future? Either way, I would still like to return it to it's original state, so is there any way I can do this, either through windows (no luck so far from Control Panel apps) or by using regedit? Im using AutoCADLT2011 on Windows Vista. Regards. PS. Just saw I posted this in the wrong forum. Sorry, perhaps a moderator can move it?
  17. Ok, so I recently found how I can apply a dynamic rotation to a block, keep the text/attribute positioning relative to the original location, but not actually rotate. It's perfect and I'm excited to implement it in my company. However, I'm also working on a few ribbon tabs that will have a bunch of these blocks (different symbols and/or attributes). Right now I'm simply using macros to insert the block, and bypass any steps necessary for that particular block (scale, rotate, etc). However, with a traditional block I need to use a LISP routine that was created years ago here at our company to rotate the attributes (I think it was created before AutoCAD had the function? I don't know, I've only been using CAD for about 8.5 years). I'm trying to do the following in as much automation as possible: Insert Dynamic Block Scale based on USERR1 value Force rotation to 0 degrees Allow for user input of Attribute(s) Select the (only) Dynamic Rotation Grip Allow for user input of Dynamic Rotation Repeat all of the above until cancelled I'm pretty sure this is only doable via LISP, but I know NOTHING about LISP programming, and was hoping someone could help out. I've attached one of the many blocks I have with this "auto-aligning" text feature. Thanks in advance! SAMPLE.dwg
  18. Hi there. I've created a .cui file for my business unit, but I'm having an issue which I'm not sure how to solve. I have created a pull down with text scales and dims scales, so depending on the scale of drawing you are using, you will always have a uniform text to use. (Annotative text can't be used due to client restrictions). Now, I originally had the text set to romanS, but upon a discussion, we now need to use arial narrow. It looks better and takes up less room, apparently. CAD doesn't have an SHX file for this, so I have used the Windows TTF and renamed it to arialn, as that is the system name for it, but when reloading the .cui with this simple text alteration, it has reduced all my custom icons to clouds with question marks, and will only give me text in arial, not arial narrow. If anyone has had an issue like this before and knows of a solution, please let me know. I would be very grateful. Thank you.
  19. Hi all, I've been using AutoCAD for about 15 years, so I'm pretty familiar w/ most of it's ins and outs. I've been looking for a little faster way of changing the current layer I've on to another way. I've customized the "mouse bottons" in the CUI to "Ctrl+Click" to intialize the "Make Object's Layer Current" command. However, I was wondering if there is a way to make it work more like Photoshop. In Photoshop, when you are using the paint bucket tool and you want to change your color to another color that is already in the picture, you press "Alt+Left Click" to select the color, and when you release the "Alt" button it goes back to the paint bucket and you just color the item you want that color. Similarly, I would like to make AutoCAD do this by using "Ctrl+Left CLick" at any point to change to the layer I'm on to a layer that I select, with out actually intiallizing a command. i could of started a line command or no command, press "Ctrl" and click on the object that I want my current layer switched to and it's done. Hope this is not too confusing. If there's a way to do it in the CUI, I'm ok with that, or even a LISP would work too. THanks for your help. Mike
  20. Hi, I'm just transitioning from PC (AutoCAD 2007) to MAC (AutoCAD 2011) and now fumbling my way through setting up all my customizations again. For the life of me, I can not work out how to customize Short Cut keys! On PC in the CUI box you drag and drop the relevant command up above to the CUI window ontop the little shortcut keys icon then, set your new Access Keys in the box on the right, then bingo! EASY. But on MAC, does this even exist??? I am completely self taught on CAD, only work in 2D, and only use a fraction of its full capabilities. Admittedly, I never have had to write LISP's, or do any text based coding/customization. The simple shortcuts I am trying to achieve are: MOVE - Shift + V ROTATE - Shift + R TRIM - Shift + T FILLET - Shift + F STRETCH - Shift + G Match Properties - Shift + 4 Layer Isolate - Shift + 3 Close - Crtl + W ANY help or a working example of how to achieve this would be HUGELY appreciated! Thank you, Matt
  21. I've got three docked palettes on the right of my screen (Properties, Sheet Set, and Xref) and I'm trying to set their heights. If I just drag them to the size I want they do not keep this size when I re-open Autocad, or when I close all files (so that all the palettes but Sheet Set close) and then open a new one. In either case when the UI loads again the palettes seem to negotiate amongst themselves what sizes they want to be. Once they do this they don't change again, but they won't keep the size I set. I have tried setting the heights in CUI but the palettes either don't respond, or resize as above, sometimes even changing order, and then don't respond further. I tried setting the heights to 0, which is supposed to be "do not change" but that doesn't work either. I tried saving my workspace after dragging them to size, but they still don't stay. If I set the heights to 0 in CUI, drag them to size, save the workspace, and then close all files and open one as above they still change size. So how do I get them to stay? Why don't they respond to the height setting in CUI?
  22. Does anyone have any tips on customizing the Windows-style ribbon in LT 2009? I can't seem to make any of my changes stick, and furthermore, I'm not sure I'm enamored of the ribbon anyway. Is there any way to get rid of it and just use toolbars and palettes? How do I set up a custom tool palette in LT 2009?
  23. Pictures will best describe the problem I'm having. Autocad 2011 makes this: This is what I want: Pleas excuse the crappy photoshop job. but notice that the text bottom line is aligned to the middle of the leader landing and the text is left justified. Is there a way to make autocad's dimensioning do this automatically without me having to explode them and move them myself?