Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. Hello, I'm just re-familiarizing myself with AutoCAD after a four year stint as a CNC operator, and I'm trying to remember a little trick I used to know. I would like to clip an image file with multiple polylines as the clipping boundaries. The problem I'm having, however, is that there doesn't seem to be an "all-in-one" solution for this task. XCLIP only handles a single clipping boundary. So I tracked down "XClipM.lsp", which covers multiple clipping boundaries, but not arcs, circles, splines, etc. Then I tried CLIPIT. That handles the arcs and circles, but NOT multiple clipping boundaries. Are the developers of AutoCAD "special needs" students, or what? It seems completely obvious to me that these functions should all be integrated into one command, and it seems completely obvious that if you want to clip something with one boundary of one shape, you're probably eventually going to want to clip something with multiple boundaries of multiple shapes. Duh. Does anyone know of a solution or a .lsp that can handle this? Your expertise is greatly appreciated. AutoCAD 2013, BTW.
  2. Hi! Is there a way to use a clipping boundary on an OLE from excel? I've tried blocking it and then using xclip, but oddly it clips everything _except_ the OLE. Basically, I've got multiple tables I want to display throughout the drawing and I'd like them to be linked to a single excel, while still being embedded rather than linked to an external excel file. I've been able to use an excel OLE within blocks before to accomplish this for the same table repeated throughout a drawing, but I'm hitting a dead end for doing this with multiple tables. Thanks!
  3. I created a drawing containing a clipped xrefs on PC. : base drawing + xrefs(xclip and bind) Then uploaded to AutoCAD360. When I open this drawing(mobile), the clipping is ignored and full xrefs block is visible. AutoCAD360 doesn't support xclipped xrefs or did i something wrong?
  4. Not a major issue but it is something that is bothering me at the moment. I have x-reffed my floor plans into my stair detail drawing to ensure that my drawing coordinate. As the plans are of a large building and I'm interested only in one stair I've xclipped the plans down to a sensible size. I'm now moving the xclips about for presentation and when I start moving them the whole x-ref appears which is making it difficult to accurately place them as I'm getting confused with what line belongs to what (it looses the dimmed effect too!) This is probably a really simple variable I've forgotten.
  5. Hi I have a bunch of drawings where some contain an xref that was xclipped and others did not. I want to run a command on the files that use the xclip to generate the xclip frame polyline So to the effect of: (if (**xclip is used**) (command "xclip" "all" "" "p") ) Is there a way to write a conditional statement to prove xclip is used/active in the dwg? Does using xclip leave any sort of marker on the dwg file? Thank you!
  6. taiwanchu

Xref Selectability

I have a drawing with an xref clipped several times and laid out but now cannot select them. I have run an audit, recover, purge to all xrefs and the parent file. The xref had some errors so I wblocked the whole drawing out and replaced it which at first helped but then the parent file still had the same problems. Some text in the parent file is not selectable either until a full reboot of Acad. Any suggestions?