Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. This is a weird one. My command line will stop taking keyboard input for no reason I can see. The cursor moves when I type, but the characters don't display, and pressing Enter doesn't run the command. The only fix I've found is to restart AutoCAD. The mouse still works, so I can save my work and shut down the app. The app hasn't frozen, it's just the keyboard input that's stopped.
  2. Hi very new to Autocad here - I've just downloaded Autocad onto my laptop, but my laptops number keys don't work so I am using my online keyboard viewer for numbers. When drawing in Autocad and putting in dimensions, is it possible to do it with an online keyboard? Because everytime I want to type in a number in the command section, I have to move my arrow to the on screen keyboard and select the numbers and this makes the line move aswell. Any suggestions??
  3. Hello Friends, We are launching a new keyboard/mouse combo device on Kickstarter. A friend of mine is a CAD designer, and he feels like this product would be a nice fit for CAD designers. So I'm reaching out to the community here for feedback to help shape the final design. We exhibited at the CES tradeshow, so we collected some feedback there and made some product changes: • Switched to Cherry MX Brown keyswitches (we had used Cherry ML switches in our first prototypes) • With the change to Cherry MX switches we also enlarged the keys • Added LED backlighting • Added USB interface for even lower latency (now you can connect with Bluetooth or USB) Here's a link to our Kickstarter project: If any of you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to reply here or on our Kickstarter project. We value your input. Thanks, James
  4. When entering distances, I would type in for instance, 2'6 and CAD interprets that as being 2 feet and 6 inches by default. My question is, is there a way to set it so I can so I can enter 2-6 and get 2 feet 6 inches instead of using the ' tick mark sign? it's a lot easier and faster to do it with the dash since I am drawing a ton of drawings and the dash is included on the right number pad on the keyboard?
  5. So, what are you using? Are there any keyboards out there that work especially well for AutoCAD? Not interested in stickers, but programmable buttons sound cool… Im currently using a Ligitech K120 its nice, didnt pay much for it; no real features tho
  6. In today's installment of the Insane-a-thon ... This morning I logged on to our Windows Small Business Server to check something. Before I came back to log off (you should always log off from the server), the session timed out. Now there's a window saying "Press Ctrl-Alt-Del. Only an administrator can unlock this computer." So far normal. For some reason the server won't respond to Ctrl-Alt-Del. I've tried two keyboards, both of which work on other systems. I've plugged the USB cable into every possible socket. When the screen saver kicks in, I can clear it by pressing Space. There doesn't seem to be any problem with the keyboard or the connection, but the server won't respond. I can't reboot it because I can't log in. Anyone seen this happen before? Is there anything I can do short of pulling the plug on the server?