Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 2 results

1. Here is how I can best describe my question. Assume that I have an odd pyramid 3D-solid say with a polygon basis that lies on a "floor". The apex was higher than the ceiling, so I "sliced" the pyramid to fit it right under the ceiling. Now, I change my mind and want to make the ceiling slightly higher (say, 1"): after raising the ceiling I am left with a sliced pyramid that is cut 1"below the ceiling. Question is : what is the best way to re-extend the pyramid (and make it look like it was cut by the higher ceiling) ? I cannot just "undo" because too many things happened in the meantime. I can imagine re-creating the unsliced pyramid by press-pulling the upper sliced surface and then slice this extension with each side of the original sliced pyramid and ultimately re-slice with the new ceiling. Can I do better / faster than that ? Thanks !
  2. Hello to all, I am new at forums, this is my first post, but i expect to remain here. I am an Autocad noob (started this year at college). Our exercise was to create this Construction Detail in 3D using autocad, I made most of it but in the end i just made it using SketchUp and then converted to Autocad. The problem is that my professor wants all the 3d stuff, 3DSOLIDS. But all there is in my model is BLOCKS. (i use cmd LIST to check). Do you know how to convert these into 3Dsolids? Its very important. Thanks! BTW, i will leave attach the file so you can have a look at it better. File Link: http://d.pr/mpyF (If you are an Autocad pro and don't mind converting all those blocks to 3dsolid, that would be perfect, but i am here to learn too so an explanation is always welcome. I hope one day i can help around here:) ) PS: out of curiosity, i recorded most of the process and speeded it up: