Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 12 results

1. I received a drawing that contains a layer in the manager box. But when I attempted to Quick Select that layer, the result returns as "0" and this same layer cannot be deleted, since the message tells me that layers with objects cannot be deleted. I thawed all layers and still get "0" and the layer won't delete. This should mean that the layer is hidden inside a block. This drawing has several hundreds of blocks! Is there an application within AutoCAD that will reveal to me which block that layer is in?
  2. I'm trying to write a VBA code that searches in a general drawing all lines that have a specific length and slope. Then, every time it finds that line in the drawing, it will write next to a specific text, for example "line". Do you think it's possibile? Any idea? Thanks
  3. Nobull84

Categories

In the never-ending search for lisps, functions and commands to make life easier, efficient and productive, I have a suggestion. Your website has an amazing amount of information. For lisps in particular, and maybe other areas, have categories for users to put their information into. If someone was searching for a particular copy command, they could choose that category and browse the available. It seems the search function brings about many other things not pertaining to the keyword. Thanks for the help and keep up the good work, Nobull84
  4. Hi all, I want search a string in list using lisp can any body help me. ex (setq a (list "1" "2" "3")) now i want to search "2" in a list. thank you
  5. Hi there, My coworker who does not have AutoCAD is trying to find text in a 250 page PDF that I am 98% sure came directly from a DWG. When we search for the text in the basic search command in Acrobat Pro we get nothing. Is there a way for Acrobat to identify the text or mtext as characters, not pixels again and search within those pages to find the text? And yes, it does occur at least twice in the doc that we have noticed. I'm on Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro and he is on Adobe Acrobat 11 Pro. If needed for very short term purpose, I have AutoCAD 2013 MEP. Thanks
  6. edoll

CADTutor Search Problems

Hello, I was in need to some info on CADTutor about dwg to pdf. So I clicked Forum, and then used the search bar in the upper right and typed dwg to pdf. It said sorry no matches...sure, I was a little disappointed. So I google searched it and found a thread that was from CADTutor! And it has the exact phrase "dwg to pdf" in its title! What am I doing wrong here? It would be really nice to just go directly to CADTutor directly as I intended instead of spending extra time to google search stuff and possibly find an answer on another site. Is the search function for a purpose other than searching forums? Thanks,
  7. Hello, I am hoping that someone can help me with creating a lisp routine that will search an open drawing for a specific layer, and if that layer doesn't exist within the drawing, then the lisp routine will create it (specifying a color, linetype, etc). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
  8. I have enough experience in Civil 3d to know I am 99% sure there is no way to do this, but I thought I would at least ask. We received a drawing in which every single block has been exploded, they are just a bunch of polylines now. The company we received it from says they don't have a drawing with the original blocks...sure... The long and the short of it is that we need to replace every exploded block with our standard blocks. Is there some crazy way to search and replace a pattern of lines or basically, search and replace the exploded blocks. A lisp routine, anything. There are thousands of exploded blocks by the way, thousands. Any ideas from people who have had similar problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  9. Hi, I was under the impression that you could search multileader text with quickselect, but 'contents' or some variant does not seem to be an option. Could someone please tell me the easiest way to find a multileader with specific text (including the wildcard)? I expect it can be done with quickselect or filter but can't get it happening. Thanks!
  10. Most of my questions are general and I think they have asked before. So I prefer to use search box for answers. But to my surprise it doesn't return any result. My surprise become more when I use google and I see some of results are from Cadtutor site. I think I am not using the search box of this site properly. I thought the search returns the result only from the subforum I am inside. So I thought it is better to ask the folks here on how to search effectively. TIA
  11. Morning all. I'v written a very short routine to insert map tiles we have on our server where all the user has to do is type in the Grid reference they require. All the tiles are named by their reference (i.e. SJ4522 or NZ0572) (defun c:mmbmap ( / GRDREF MAPPATH) (setvar "cmdecho" 1) (setq GRDREF (getstring "Enter Grid Ref [sO4522]: ")) (setq MAPPATH (strcat "N:/CAD/2D/MappingTiles/" GRDREF ".dwg")) (command "_.insert" MAPPATH "0,0,0" "1" "" "") (command "zoom" "o" "l" "") (princ)) This is all very straightforward, BUT (there's always a but), about 10% of the tiles are so large in file size, they are split into 4 tiles (i.e. instead of SE5076, it would be; SE5076NE, SE5076NW, SE5076SE, SE5076SW). So what I'm asking is whether the routine I have can be modified to search for just the first 6 characters of the filename, and if it finds multiple files with that name to insert all of them ?
  12. superdai

find/search

Morning all, My boss came in to this office this morning and was asking to find an "A" type fitting on a drawing which i could not see but found it when using the "Find" Command. We are an electrical engineering company with a lot of work in schools and hospitals and as such we have large cluttered drawings with many different light fittings and sockets in. im using the Find command to help with take-off but is there a better way? also the sockets and switches etc dont have any text just a small drawn symbols is there a way to find all of the occurences? Thanks guys!