Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 9 results

1. Hello all. I am new to the forum but I have been using AutoCAD for a number of years. My old mouse is about dead, and it is quite possible that I will simply kill it outright here in the next few days! I was hoping to get some recommendations from you all on your favorite mouse. I have been looking at everything from a standard three button wheel mouse, to a gaming mouse with some extra programmable buttons, to a SpacePilot. I do not do any 3D drafting, so I don't think I need something like the SpacePilot, but I think that something a little more programmable than the basic 3 button would be helpful. Any thoughts? I did do a search for previous threads, but nothing popped up in the first 6 or 7 pages, so I thought I would go ahead and post a new thread. Any help is appreciated!
  2. scared with modifying the cui so maybe someone can help me. i want to set the rmb (right mouse button) to pan and ctrl+rmb to zoom i.e. just like in rhino.. is this possible and can maybe someone guide me?
  3. Hello Friends, We are launching a new keyboard/mouse combo device on Kickstarter. A friend of mine is a CAD designer, and he feels like this product would be a nice fit for CAD designers. So I'm reaching out to the community here for feedback to help shape the final design. We exhibited at the CES tradeshow, so we collected some feedback there and made some product changes: • Switched to Cherry MX Brown keyswitches (we had used Cherry ML switches in our first prototypes) • With the change to Cherry MX switches we also enlarged the keys • Added LED backlighting • Added USB interface for even lower latency (now you can connect with Bluetooth or USB) Here's a link to our Kickstarter project: If any of you have suggestions or feedback, feel free to reply here or on our Kickstarter project. We value your input. Thanks, James
  4. Hello, I'm using AutoCAD 2013 LT on a Macbook Pro in Windows Parallel. When I move my mouse around on the screen in model space it moves very quickly, but at normal speeds on menus and dialog boxes. Any suggestions why this could be and any solutions to fix it would be most appreciative? Thanks Garth
  5. Just wanted to start a discussion, I know ALL mice are different and ALL people are different in what they prefer and what works best for them. However, I just wanted to get a general idea of what mouse dominates the 2D CAD world. In my industry we work strictly 2D with some 3D Wireframe tank illustrations, P&ID drawings, line drawings, custom one offs as per clients, etc... The mouse that I like and have been using for years is the Microsoft Intellimouse Optical USB, which has been discontinued for a while but I have stuck with it for over 6 years. I would like to see if there is something I am missing out on that could improve my productivity/creativity? It has 2 customizable buttons which I use for ORTHO and OSNAP. It is light. The only CON I would say is that its wired. Simple and sweet but I feel there is something more out there that could benefit me/us in the CAD community that we just arent aware of... Anyways, thats my take on starting out the post and my mouse pros/cons. Looking forward to hearing what everyone else has to say!
  6. Hi all, I have the mouse's right click configured as ENTER, if i write "sc" and press the right click really quick i get the Stretch command, same for other aliases (i have customized "aa" for Match properties, i get Arc command...). This is not 100% this way, is somehow random, but i tested that if i write the alias and wait "half a second" for the right click the command is correct. Any clues there would be very appreciated Best regards,
  7. Hi all, I got carried away today and rounded up some input devices that in theory should be really good for CAD work http://blog.grabcad.com/2010/08/best-for-cad-work-mouse-trackball-3d-device/ However, I'm looking for comments on those (and other) input devices, what works and what are the downsides of different setups. Indrek who's with me in GrabCAD has used SpacePilot Pro and keeps complaining how it's impossible to work without it but the it's really pricey compared to some other options. So - what's a really good mouse/trackball/input device if you're doing 8 hours of CAD work so arm and shoulder stress etc becomes critical. Thanks, Siim http://www.grabcad.com
  8. Hi all, I've been struggling with this all week. I have ACAD 2009 (and 3ds Max 2010 which works fine). I'm working on a Lenovo T60p laptop and my graphics card is an ATI MOBILITY FireGL V5200. I have 4G RAM, though this machine with Windows XP, 32 bit can only use 3G of it. After using the program for months with no problems, it started to spontaneously close after opening a drawing and clicking my mouse's scroll wheel. I have a Logitech mouse, but also tried a Dell mouse and experienced the same issue. When it closes, I mean to say that there is no notification, no asking me if I want to save the drawing, no "fatal error". It simply vanishes from my screen. When I reopen it, it recognizes that it did not close properly. I checked mouse drivers (standard HID-compliant driver is up to date, though it's 9 years old), and CAD and normal graphics card drivers (updated after the problem began). The files work just fine on other computers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled CAD and don't feel like doing that again. Any suggestions?
  9. Hi, well, here is my problem... First of all, the mouse works propertly in anyother application, even inside autocad, but at the moment I zoom to a desired area and try to select an specific point or just draw in there, it lost his stability and starts freezing, which makes impossible to select that point.. I don't now exactly how to explain it, but I'll try.... if I quit the zoom, I can select the point, but I can't see it with such precission, if I zoom then the pointer can be positioned near around that point, but not in there! It has happend a couple of times and it doesn't happen in all drawing, just in certain files, but it actually happens inside the same file but in different machines; I also tried using a different mouse with no different results; which lead me to believe the problem lies inside Autocad. I'll give a little information about my machine, anyway, so let's see if it can help. I'm using Autocad 2010. --------------------- Machine Configuration --------------------- Processor Speed : 2.8 GHz RAM : 3071 MB 3D Device --------- Name : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS Manufacturer : NVIDIA Chip set : GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS Memory : 512.0 MB Driver : 6.14.0011.7519