Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 2 results

1. All, I found the really cool lisp routine to send an AutoCAD drawing as an attachment in an Email and was wondering if it could be modified to send a PDF instead. (defun c:eMail (/ _catch file outlook email) ;; Using Outlook, eMail selected object(s) in a temporary DWG file ;; Many thanks to Ron Perez (ronjonp) for the Outlook example ([url]http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=26953.msg324794#msg324794[/url]) ;; Alan J. Thompson, 03.28.11 (vl-load-com) (defun _catch (f a) (not (vl-catch-all-error-p (vl-catch-all-apply f a)))) (if (and (or (ssget "_I") (prompt "\nSelect object(s) to eMail: ") (ssget)) (setq file (vl-filename-mktemp "" nil ".dwg")) (_catch 'vla-WBlock (list (cond (*AcadDoc*) ((setq *AcadDoc* (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))) ) file (vla-get-activeselectionset *AcadDoc*) ) ) (setq outlook (vlax-get-or-create-object "Outlook.Application")) (setq email (vlax-invoke-method outlook 'CreateItem 0)) (_catch 'vlax-put (list email 'Subject (strcat "Emailing: " (vl-filename-base file) ".dwg"))) (_catch 'vlax-invoke (list (vlax-get email 'Attachments) 'Add file)) ) (progn (princ "\nOutlook active...") (princ) (vlax-invoke email 'Display :vlax-true) (vl-file-delete file) ) ) (foreach x (list email outlook) (and x (vlax-release-object x))) (princ) ) Thanks Brian
  2. I am a contractor that does work for several different companies. When these companies send me their dwg file I have no problem opening them up to edit them, but once I complete my edits and email the file back to them they are telling me that their autocad crashes while trying to open the drawing or the whole computer itself. Most recently I only made a very minor edit to their dwg which was editing two areas of text and still crashes their computer when I send it back. I am using Autocad Lt 2013, while they are using autocad 2010. I backsaved the file as well as purged the drawing after I was finished and still no luck. Also I noticed on another job after doing very minor edits, once I saved the new version, the file size multiplied like ten thousand times its size. Anyone know what may be going on?