Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 22 results

1. Perhaps someone here has seen something similar. Using 2011 mechanical, I have rotated my ucs about the x-axis 90deg. I then draw a circle with a line thru it. I can trim the line to the circle but I cannot trim the circle to the line. I have verified the objects are co-planer and, in fact, do intersect. I have repeated the same process using 2009 mechanical on this machine and it works fine. I have tried the same process on a co-workers machine running 2011 mechanical and again it works fine. I have created a new drawing and copied all of my geometry into the new file...no joy. I have also ran the "repair install" from the control panel and again no change. Any ideas?
  2. I have a problem with trim command. When im in the trim command, window selection doesn't work. Only crossing window. I've been trying everything that i can like PICKFIRST, PICKDRAG etc. I searched it online but there is no solution. :(
  3. benhubel

Extrim Multiple

I love Extrim, but it only does one trim at a time. I am looking to trim everything that is selected at once. The pseudocode goes like this: 1. Get selection 2. Filter out everything but closed polylines 3. Ask user if they want to just trim crossing lines, or to delete everything 4. selected on that side of the line. 5. Get a point as the side to extrim on. If inside any selected polyline, get the inside point of each polyline and then trim inside each one (or inside the boundary of any crossing ones). Likewise, if outside of all selected polylines, trim the outside of each one (or outside the boundary of any crossing ones). My main problem is that I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to dealing with Extrim. The syntax keeps throwing me around. I thought it would be super simple when I started, but because Extrim is a LISP rather than a command, it's got me really confused. I was planning to make use of alanjt's SelectWithinCurve routine to help with deleting non-crossing geometry.
  4. Hi.. I draw a circle inside the hath, and I couldn't trim the hath inside the circle. 1-My hatch and circle elevation are at the same level. 2-I tried both Associative and non-Associative hatch. 3-The layers are not locked. you can find the attached drawing here. SAMPLE-TRIM-HATCH.dwg Thanks
  5. Trim split hatch with holes problem !! Why after trim hatch there is holes in trimmed parts. HATCH TRIM.dwg
  6. From how I understand it, if I execute the trim command and hit space without selecting a cutting edge, it will trim any line I click on to the nearest apparent intersection. With complex drawings, this sometimes means I have to click several times to trim one short line segment because so many apparent intersections exist. Is there a setting that will let me use this functionality to trim only at real intersections where the lines actually cross rather than at apparent intersections?
  7. Hello everybody! If I want to use the "extrim" command, I do select a line first and after this I click on side next to the line. After that, AutoCad does, first, zooms in very, very slow to the line I'd selected. Second, he trims all the lines next to the selected line, on the side I've chosen. Finally, AutoCad zooms out very, very slow........... Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or something for extrim a couple of lines. I'm using AutoCad 2015 at this moment. I had also used older versions. Some versions also had this problem but in some versions it went very fast! Zoom in, extrim and zoom out were done in 1 second. Anybody knows how I can solve this? (variables Edgemode=0 and Projmode=1) example extrim.dwg
  8. bengee54

Trimming pipes

hi, I've got a small problem; on the attached jpeg you will see a housing (shown in black) and a pipe inserted from underneath. how can i trim the material (of the inserted pipe) so that its flush with the hole in the bottom of the housing i.e. so nono is visible when looking through the housing)? somebody please help! Thanks Ben
  9. I need trim rectangle outside object. Please give me lisp. Trim.dwg
  10. Hi guys, just new to the autolisp world and would like to ask your assistance in making a lisp so it can be a basis for my future lisp programs. Here is the flow of the lisp. Overview: the lisp trims or break a polyline or a line a the point (midpoint) indicated by the user by a value specified by a user. The distance value indicated should be followed even if the polyline or line is angled. First: the user is asked of how much the value of the trim/ break to be done on the polyline or line. 2nd : the user is asked to chose the point where the trim / break will be done. 3rd: click the next point on the line or polyline or press esc to exit. Sample, I inputted 1000mm for the value and click at the midpoint of the polyline, the trim should be 500mm on both side of the polyline. As long as I don’t cancel, I will just continue to choose the next point to trim/ break. Thank you in advance and more power
  11. As posted over at theSwamp, I thought I'd share it with you nice folks too I've seen quite a few of these kind of programs knocking around, so I thought I'd give it a go at writing my own - using a slightly different approach. Give it a go and let me know what you think Full Description of the program & Latest Version can be found here. Enjoy! Lee AutoBlockBreakV1-7.lsp
  12. So I will select certain lines and do the trim command but it will trim any line that I drag the mouse over whether i selected that line to trim or not. Is there a way for it to JUST trim the lines I select and nothing else?
  13. What tool can i use to trim something like this on the image in .ipt or sheet metal environment? i was looking something like miter tool in assembly environment but i am not on assembly file. Thanks
  14. Hello, Is there anyway or LISP to use EXTrim between two Lines as shown in the following Screenshot. Thank you, Regards, Sidhu
  15. Evening All I work as a design assistant for a West End Set Designer who loves working in forced perspective & vanishing points. My question is how do I slice/trim a 3d polyline that runs through a solid. I basically want to cut the line once it touches the face of the solid. I would be also happy to add a node. Attached is a small example of the working file. Look forward to your responses Cheers James EXAMPLE.dwg
  16. The lines are so close that I cannot even see a gap but apparently there is a minuscule gap therefore the lines aren't trimming. Rather than extend all of them, is there a way to adjust the tolerance so they trim anyway? this could save a lot of time. Thanks, K
  17. KoTa04

Automatic box trimming

Hello Everyone, I'm quite new with autocad, and I'm trying to automate more of my work so I can finish it quicker. Any different suggestions would also be appreciated! Please see attached picture! I am currently recieving site dimensions for framing, my job is to reproduce (using isometric views) these framing dimensions in Autocad (framing is color coded white) and add metal panels (color coded blue), ultimately creating the panel dimensions to be sent to the panel manufacturer. Once I reproduce the framing dimensions I use a method of several offsets and construction lines to create my panels. My problem: each metal panel needs either 5/8" or 1/2" spacing. I am consuming a lot of time using the trim command and individually clicking out all the little squares. see picture. I like using QDIM quick dimensions to easily seperate spacing and panel dimensions, so trimming out the panels (as far as I know) is a must. Suggested solution: Is there a way I can tell autocad to cut out all 1/2"x1/2" or 5/8"x5/8" squares? As always, if you have different suggestions I am open to them. Thanks in advance for any replies! EDIT: I am using autocad 2011 LT, so I can't run script things..
  18. Hello folks, Background: During the process of drafting many lines overlap (e.g. construction lines, objects merging, etc) Because the overlapping lines have precisely the same properties, I don't feel the need to remove them. The issue begins when I go to plot. The overlapping lines do appear darker than lines without overlapping. This occurs a great deal in my work! My question is this: Is there a function that will (forgive my Photoshop lingo) merge/flatten these lines so that no more overlapping lines exist? Going in one at a time is tedious business! Thanks, George
  19. Hi everybody, First thing I want to apologize if something that I wrote sounds strange. Im spanish and my english is not as good as it should be=P. Im learling little by little autolisp things, mostly strugling through examples, codes, etc... many of them from this forum so I thank you a lot ^_^. At this moment I'm developing a routine that breaks/trims walls in order to insert doors or windows, and, after looking for it a few days, I would like to know if there's a way to use a number that users input on the command line (in a getpoint) without getting an error.,... wich is that happends everytime =/. ;; HOLE-O-MaTIC 2000 ;; by Arturo Blanco Ureña. 2013 ;; Breaks "walls" in order to insert windows or doors ;; Based initialy on code from Pavel Chour http://klobouk.fsv.cvut.cz/~chour/Lisp/Chapter%206.htm (defun error1 (errmsg) (command "_undo" "_end") (setvar "CMDECHO" 1) (setvar "OSMODE" osmodevar) (setq *error* temperr) (prompt "\nAchtung!!! Verboten!!! Error!!!\n") (princ) ) (defun c:holes(/ );P1a P2a P1 P2 P3 P4 A1 A2) (setq osmodevar (getvar 'OSMODE) temperr *error* *error* error1 ) (if (not ancho) (setq ancho 1.50)) (setq Tancho (rtos ancho) P1 "Width" ) (setvar "CMDECHO" 0) (command "_undo" "_begin") (setvar "osmode" 512) ;I'm using this structure in order to go back to the menu so I can change my mind several times. ;Don't know if there's a better way =P. ;--- (while (= P1 "Width") (initget 128) (setq P1 (getpoint (strcat "\nSelect Point or [Center/Width]<" Tancho ">:"))) (cond ((numberp P1) (setq ancho P1) ;trying to recognice P1 as a number but always goes on error =/ (setq Tancho (rtos ancho)) );cond1 ((= P1 "Width")(setvar "osmode" 35) (setq ancho (getdist "\nWidth of the Door/window?:")) (setq Tancho (rtos ancho)) );cond2 );end cond );end while ;--- (cond ((= P1 "Center") (setvar "OSMODE" 518) ;If the user want to break from the center of the window. (setq P1a (getpoint (strcat "\nSelect center <" Tancho ">:"))) (setvar "OSMODE" 128) (setq P2a (getpoint P1a "\nSelect the other side of the wall:") A1 (angle P1a P2a) A2 (+ (* pi 1.5) A1) P1 (polar P1a A2 (* ancho 0.5)) P3 (polar P1a A2 (* ancho -0.5)) P2 (polar P2a A2 (* ancho 0.5)) P4 (polar P2a A2 (* ancho -0.5)) ) );end cond1 (T (setvar "osmode" 128) ;if he/she wants to start from one side (setq P2 (getpoint P1 "\nSelect the other side of the wall:")) (setvar "osmode" 512) (setq A1 (angle P1 P2) A2 (+ (* pi 1.5) A1) P3 (polar P1 A2 ancho) P4 (polar P2 A2 ancho) P1a (polar P1 A2 (* ancho 0.5)) P2a (polar P2 A2 (* ancho 0.5)) ) );end else );end cond (setvar "osmode" 512) (command "_break" P1 P3 "_break" P2 P4 "_line" P1 P2 "") (setq L1 (entlast)) (command "_line" P3 P4 "") (setq L2 (entlast)) ;I add this in order to trim extra lines in the middle of the wall. (command "_trim" L1 L2 "" "B" P1a P2a "" "") (command "_undo" "_end") (setvar "CMDECHO" 1) (setvar "OSMODE" osmodevar) (setq *error* temperr) (princ) );end As you see You can enter the "Width" to give it, but I would like to simply write down a number when asking for a point, recognize that is a number and use it as the value of the variant. If a point is entered, then continue normally. Im a bit shy and its the first time i post a code. I have used several pieces of code from others to arrange the error handling/undo and its originally based on one tutorial from Pavel Chour, so I dont know if its right that I give permission or not to use it, or even its worth it (the trim still fails and i dont really get why ) but If anyone want to use it feel free. Any tips critics and opinions are welcome also
  20. fdadfar88

Surftrim

Hi everyone, I'm working on this model and I am trying to use the surftrim command in cad 2011, but its not working and its pissing me off. I want to use the trim and use the dome in my model as the cutting edge to cut the parts of the curved walls that fall inside the dome but it is not working. I would really appreciate any help. I have photos of the model, i couldnt upload the dwg. Oh btw I dont know if it makes a difference or not but Im using CAD2011 for Mac. Thanks
  21. UCLandArch

Grouping/Trimming Blocks

I am new to AutoCAD from another CAD software (DynaScape). I am a landscape architect and I am wanting to combine multiple blocks (ie: shrubs, trees, etc) and then trim any overlapping lines/plines. Any help on creating and editing these blocks on AutoCAD MAC would be most helpful!
  22. I have a lisp that is supposed to create a Polyline box around selected text, trim lines within the box, and then delete the box. I am, however, having some issues getting it to run properly. Everytime I run it, I select the text that I want to use, but I get an error Select Text; error: bad DXF group: (-1 (13.3618 5.59898 0.0)) I am hoping that someone can help me out with this. ;;; This lisp routine creates a box around selected text, trims all entities within the box, and then deletes the box. (defun C:TTR (/ TEXTENT TRIMFACT TB GAP FGAP LL UR PTB1 PTB2 PTB3 PTB4 PTF1 PTF2 PTF3 PTF4 BX) (setq TEXTENT (entsel "\nSelect Text")) (setq TRIMFACT 2.0) ;Set trim gap and text height ratio HERE (command "ucs" "Entity" TEXTENT) (setq TB (textbox (list (cons -1 TEXTENT))) LL (car TB) UR (cadr TB) ) (setq GAP (* *TXTH TRIMFACT)) (setq FGAP (* GAP 0.5)) (setq PTB1 (list (- (car LL) GAP) (- (cadr LL) GAP)) PTB3 (list (+ (car UR) GAP) (+ (cadr UR) GAP)) PTB2 (list (car PTB3) (cadr PTB1)) PTB4 (list (car PTB1) (cadr PTB3)) PTF1 (list (- (car LL) FGAP) (- (cadr LL) FGAP)) PTF3 (list (+ (car UR) FGAP) (+ (cadr UR) FGAP)) PTF2 (list (car PTF3) (cadr PTF1)) PTF4 (list (car PTF1) (cadr PTF3)) ) (command "pline" PTB1 PTB2 PTB3 PTB4 "c") (setq BX (entlast)) (command "trim" BX "" "f" PTF1 PTF3 PTF4 PTF1 "" "") (entdel BX) (redraw TEXTENT) (command "ucs" "p") (princ) ) ;end trimbox (princ "\nType TTR to start") (princ); end TEXT TRIM.lsp Thank you in advance for your help