Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 14 results

1. I'm familiar with creating assembly drawings in SolidWorks, but AutoCAD is a different animal. This layout looks hideous. Why won't my dashed lines and dimensions show in the second viewport? And even if they did, I don't think the annotative dimstyle is doing anything. And no matter what I do, the layout won't plot in monochrome.ctb; the lines still have their colors. And does anyone have advice on how to make this look more professional? A tremendous THANK YOU to anyone willing to help me with this. I think it's clear I officially have no idea what I'm doing. Delta Bracket_upload.dwg
  2. Hello, I have AutoCAD 2016 since yesterday and I've noticed that when you click the drop down menu for dimstyle, it has all of these picture's with it. Can this be removed so it only shows the text? (Like in AutoCAD 2014) Thanks!
  3. Hello everybody, I've created a macro for creating different dimension styles for different scales. We are using these dimension styles in our company. It works well if I use it in a new, empty drawing. But if I use it in an excisting drawing with a dimension style with the same name, I have got a problem..... I'll see this in the command line; "Enter name for new dimension style or [?]: "scale 20" That name is already in use, redefine it? :_dimclrd Invalid option keyword. That name is already in use, redefine it? :" "_dimclrd" should be the next command in the macro, but because "scale 20" is already in use, I need to do some other commands first. AutoCad stops with this macro at this point. If the first dimension style, which the macro should be create, already in use, the other dimension styles shall not be create. Is there a possibility/ sollution to change my macro so he creates every dimension style what he supposed to do? Also if one or more dimension styles already excist? The reason why; if you delete a dimension style because you think; "I don't need him any more." But you're wrong. Or somebody else goes further with the drawing and needs to draw something with another scale. You need to copy the 'wanted' dimension style from another (new/ excisting) drawing. Could somebody help me? This is the whole macro; ^C^C_dimclrd;1;dimltype;continuous;_dimlwd;-1;_dimdle;1.25;_dimdli;1.25;_dimclre;1;_dimltex1;continuous;_dimltex2;continuous;_dimlwe;-1;_dimexe;1.25;_dimexo;1.25;_dimblk;"";_dimldrblk;"";_dimasz;2;_dimcen;0;-style;;iso.shx;a;;;0;;;;;no;_dimtxsty;standard;_Dimclrt;2;_dimtfill;1;_dimtxt;1.8;_dimtad;1;_dimgap;1;_dimtoh;off;_dimtih;off;_dimtmove;0;_dimscale;1;_dimdec;0;_dimzin;0;_dimtolj;0;_dimse1;off;_dimse2;off;_dimrnd;5;_dimtofl;on;-dimstyle;s;"scale 1";_dimclrd;1;dimltype;continuous;_dimlwd;-1;_dimdle;1.25;_dimdli;1.25;_dimclre;1;_dimltex1;continuous;_dimltex2;continuous;_dimlwe;-1;_dimexe;1.25;_dimexo;1.25;_dimblk;"";_dimldrblk;"";_dimasz;2;_dimcen;0;-style;;iso.shx;a;;;0;;;;;no;_dimtxsty;standard;_Dimclrt;2;_dimtfill;1;_dimtxt;1.8;_dimtad;1;_dimgap;1;_dimtoh;off;_dimtih;off;_dimtmove;0;_dimscale;2;_dimdec;0;_dimzin;0;_dimtolj;0;_dimse1;off;_dimse2;off;_dimrnd;5;_dimtofl;on;-dimstyle;s;"scale 2";_dimclrd;1;dimltype;continuous;_dimlwd;-1;_dimdle;1.25;_dimdli;1.25;_dimclre;1;_dimltex1;continuous;_dimltex2;continuous;_dimlwe;-1;_dimexe;1.25;_dimexo;1.25;_dimblk;"";_dimldrblk;"";_dimasz;2;_dimcen;0;-style;;iso.shx;a;;;0;;;;;no;_dimtxsty;standard;_Dimclrt;2;_dimtfill;1;_dimtxt;1.8;_dimtad;1;_dimgap;1;_dimtoh;off;_dimtih;off;_dimtmove;0;_dimscale;10;_dimdec;0;_dimzin;0;_dimtolj;0;_dimse1;off;_dimse2;off;_dimrnd;5;_dimtofl;on;-dimstyle;s;"scale 10";_dimclrd;1;dimltype;continuous;_dimlwd;-1;_dimdle;1.25;_dimdli;1.25;_dimclre;1;_dimltex1;continuous;_dimltex2;continuous;_dimlwe;-1;_dimexe;1.25;_dimexo;1.25;_dimblk;"";_dimldrblk;"";_dimasz;2;_dimcen;0;-style;;iso.shx;a;;;0;;;;;no;_dimtxsty;standard;_Dimclrt;2;_dimtfill;1;_dimtxt;1.8;_dimtad;1;_dimgap;1;_dimtoh;off;_dimtih;off;_dimtmove;0;_dimscale;20;_dimdec;0;_dimzin;0;_dimtolj;0;_dimse1;off;_dimse2;off;_dimrnd;5;_dimtofl;on;-dimstyle;s;"scale 20";_dimclrd;1;dimltype;continuous;_dimlwd;-1;_dimdle;1.25;_dimdli;1.25;_dimclre;1;_dimltex1;continuous;_dimltex2;continuous;_dimlwe;-1;_dimexe;1.25;_dimexo;1.25;_dimblk;"";_dimldrblk;"";_dimasz;2;_dimcen;0;-style;;iso.shx;a;;;0;;;;;no;_dimtxsty;standard;_Dimclrt;2;_dimtfill;1;_dimtxt;1.8;_dimtad;1;_dimgap;1;_dimtoh;off;_dimtih;off;_dimtmove;0;_dimscale;50;_dimdec;0;_dimzin;0;_dimtolj;0;_dimse1;off;_dimse2;off;_dimrnd;5;_dimtofl;on;-dimstyle;s;"scale 50";_dimclrd;1;dimltype;continuous;_dimlwd;-1;_dimdle;1.25;_dimdli;1.25;_dimclre;1;_dimltex1;continuous;_dimltex2;continuous;_dimlwe;-1;_dimexe;1.25;_dimexo;1.25;_dimblk;"";_dimldrblk;"";_dimasz;2;_dimcen;0;-style;;iso.shx;a;;;0;;;;;no;_dimtxsty;standard;_Dimclrt;2;_dimtfill;1;_dimtxt;1.8;_dimtad;1;_dimgap;1;_dimtoh;off;_dimtih;off;_dimtmove;0;_dimscale;100;_dimdec;0;_dimzin;0;_dimtolj;0;_dimse1;off;_dimse2;off;_dimrnd;5;_dimtofl;on;-dimstyle;s;"scale 100"; Thanks
  4. Hi there, I am using this lisp to remove binding Prefix from dimstyle name and textstyle name as well. After removing prefix some style names are matching existing names and that cancelling the renaming process. I need someone to modify this lisp (I don't know the developer name) to merge the style if its name after removing prefix will be typically matching other name of an existing style. Please help ! I googled this issue hundreds of times and i didn't find ! (defun c:RBP(/ ActDoc Name NewName) (vl-load-com) (defun RemoveBindPrefix (String / Pos LastPos) (if (setq Pos (vl-string-search "$" String)) (progn (setq LastPos Pos) (while (setq Pos (vl-string-search "$" String (1+ Pos))) (setq LastPos Pos) ) (substr String (+ 2 LastPos)) ) String ) ) (vlax-for Obj (vla-get-TextStyles ActDoc) (setq Name (vla-get-Name Obj)) (if (/= (setq NewName (RemoveBindPrefix Name)) Name) (if (vl-catch-all-error-p (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-put-Name (list Obj NewName))) (prompt (strcat "\n Text style: " Name " was not renamed.")) ) ) ) (vlax-for Obj (vla-get-DimStyles ActDoc) (setq Name (vla-get-Name Obj)) (if (/= (setq NewName (RemoveBindPrefix Name)) Name) (if (vl-catch-all-error-p (vl-catch-all-apply 'vla-put-Name (list Obj NewName))) (prompt (strcat "\n Dimension style: " Name " was not renamed.")) ) ) ) (princ) )
  5. When I copy a line or arcs and paste to original coordinates. It seems to have "brought" with it all the extra dimstyle, line style, text styles, layers, etc. of which I cannot purge despite I set all layers to 0, select by layer and standard for text style. I've already purge a few times and set all linetypes to continuous. How do I only have the cleanest possible line or arc in Autocad without all those "extra stuff"? It's driving me nuts!
  6. Is there a shortcut for setting a certain dimstyle as default similar to right clicking 'set current as default' (which is available for some features) without going into the dialogue box? It would be fine to do that if the author of the drawings didn't have 50 with similar names. Thanks
  7. We have set dimension styles and viewport scales in the office for standards, but some drawings don't have all of them loaded, same thing with the plot scales. What kind of file is it (dwt, lsp?) and how do I import it so they all are options to pick for all drawings so I don't have to make them manually?
  8. Has anyone seen a dimension lisp where I could replace the text with, for example, "? /P E.O.S." automatically without having to manually do it? I have other things to use this with but if someone where to provide something like this I think I could manipulate it to what I want. Ideally, I'd like to be able to copy a dimstyle that I already have and just have a constant in place of the actual dim. This way it would keep my layers, arrow types and other settings, etc... Any ideas are appreciated! -Nobull
  9. yoegee

Dimstyle Overrides

Hey guys, Does anyone have any idea why everytime I use the DAL shortcut, I get a dimension style override appear? Yet it doesn't do it when i use DIMALI or the DIMALIGNED button? I've searched extensively for a solution to this yet I can't find a solution that works. The >Drawing Setup>Scale tab doesn't seem to exist in this version, and I've tried setting all the CreateDimOverride values in the registry to 0, but even that isn't working. Does anyone have any idea how to control this? Thanks.... AutoCAD 2012
  10. Hi All, I created a new annotation scale to convert mm to inches and changed my DIMSTYLE to dimension to annotative as well, but when I go to dimension nothing happens. My dimensions, arrows and extension lines are still small. What's more bizzare is when I click the dimension and right click properties, it says my annotation scale is 1:1 and it's not set to change to annotative even though my DIMSTYLE says to. So I have to manually click the dimensions and change them all to my DIMSTYLE and change the annotation scale. What did I do wrong when I created the new annotation scale?!?!
  11. I have to 2 lisp routines that I need to Loop but I need some help. This is just so the user doesn't have to hit enter to return to the command. ; TIES TO BOUNDARY (DEFUN C:DAT () (command ".osnap" "end,per") (COMMAND "LAYER" "S" "BUILDING_LABELS" "") (COMMAND "DIM" "RES" "HOUSE" "EXIT") (COMMAND "DIMALIGNED") (command ".osnap" "NOD,end,INT,CEN,mid") ) ; BUILDING DIMS (DEFUN C:DAH () (command ".osnap" "mid") (COMMAND "LAYER" "S" "BUILDING_LABELS" "") (COMMAND "DIM" "RES" "WALLS" "EXIT") (command ".osnap" "NOD,end,INT,CEN,mid") (COMMAND "DIMALIGNED" "") )
  12. Psylent

Dimensions Size

Hi, I am using AutoCad 2010 Lt. When dimensioning parts the size of the dimension is very very small, i change the dimension style to Annotation and change the Annotation scale down the bottom right hand side then click linear dimension and it hasn't changed the size ? Sometimes it seems to work but most times it doesen't, is there a set procedure / sure fire way to change the dimension scale ? (even a way to save a type of dimension scale for all drawings or something like that). Most times lately i end up exporting a dxf and dimensioning it in another program. But it would be good to be able to do the lot in AutoCad.
  13. I'm trying to create a new dimstyle for our firm but I don't know what to do for certain properties such as: "Scale dimensions to layout" vs "Use overall scale of" Help? Thanks!
  14. Things you should know: I am currently running '06 I use DXF because that is what my CNC plasma cutter can import Problem: I am trying to save a DIMSTYLE for a particular type of drawing imported from my CNC plasma designer software. But everytime I close out of one drawing and open the next, my dimstyle is gone. I have tried saving them as (2000 .dxf) format and and opening the next but it still wont save it. What is going on here?