Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 11 results

1. Hello, Is there a way of searching across a number of AutoCAD files for files containing particular text? This used to be possible in Windows XP, but does now not work in Windows 7 annoyingly. We have thousands of DWG files that have been drawn up over the past 20 years and to be able to search for a particular text string in a file would be hugely beneficial, such as part numbers and job numbers etc. We are running Windows 7 and AutoCAD 2018 LT. Can this be done with our current setup, or is there a another program we could use? I believe Autodesk Content Explorer used to serve this function, but has now been discontinued. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Hi All, This is something I've waited for since December 2010 when I first learned about it: http://designplaygrounds.com/deviants/about-generative-design-platforms-by-mark-loomis/ http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/designscript This plug-in to AutoCAD does the same thing that Grasshopper does for Rhino: computational generative design. Before you get too excited however, it seems to be purely language based, not visually component based like Grasshopper. This means that it will probably be harder to learn how to use. I'm hoping that my Grasshopper skills will be somewhat transferable, we'll see how it goes. Another thing to note is that DesignScript only works in AutoCAD 2013 64 bit running on Windows 7. If you're using a 32 bit system it won't work. If your OS is something other than Windows 7 it probably won't work. Anyone else out there using it?
  3. Hey guys, Just switched from XP (old faithful) to a new Win7 machine... I've used a little Win7 in the past and it's safe to say I am not it's greatest fan. One of the features which had bugged me was the way in which Win7 manages it's file thumbnail previews. If you want thumbnails for images (.JPG, .BMP, etc) in a particular folder... you must enable thumbnails for all folders for as many file types as Windows can handle (including .DWGs). This doesn't suit me, as I like to be able to see thumbnails for images, but not for .DWGs. I know of no standard/easy facility to enable thumbnails for only selected folders and file types. So I have come across a way to stop Windows producing these thumbnails... http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/how-to-disable-thumbnails-for-tif-files-only/16c6c286-3bb9-489e-b50d-ba22debe6c7c ... is the link. In that thread they are talking specifically about .TIFF files, but it is easy enough to adapt the instructions for .DWGs. Please note: the tweak does involve a REGEDIT. So it is, of course, experiment at your own risk. Just thought some folk might find it handy.
  4. Hi, I just switched over to a 64-bit computer. I'm using AutoCAD 2004 and windows 7. I never had problems with FATAL ERROR crashes with my old 32-bit computer. However now when I open the same files that I used to open on my last computer I'm getting a lot of FATAL ERROR messages that I never got before. My co-worker who also switched over to a 64-bit computer is having the same thing happening to him. He says that one way he is working around these crashes is by opening up a cad file a different way. He say he has to go into explorer right click and hit "open with" to open a cad file and not have it give a FATAL ERROR message. I'd appreciate any insight into this problems, otherwise I guess I'll be opening files with explorer for the rest of my life (or until I start using AutoCAD 2012). Mahalo!
  5. We have 2 machines running Windows 7 64bit, and AutoCAD 2012. We use sheet sets extensively. When inserting a "sheet list table", which we use as our drawing index, it takes anywhere from 5-20 minutes on our Win7 machines, but takes only 2-3 seconds on our WinXP machines. Has anyone else run into this issue? Have any ideas of how to fix it? I've been emailing back and forth with Autodesk support, but we don't seem to be getting any closer to a resolution. Any ideas would be appreciated!
  6. Last week I downloaded Revit Architecture 2012 from the Autodesk webpage into my computer. The file I downloaded is a 32/64 bit .rar. I started to run the installer and an error (Error 1722) appeared. After some research and investigation in the web I founded out that I can't run the 64bit version in my Notebook because it requires an i5 2300 quad-core and my computer has an i5 2430 dual core. Moreover I have 4GB in my RAM memory and the program requires 8GB. So, when I tried to install once more the Revit 2012, the installer tells me I have installed the Revit but not the Desgin Review and the Material Library. When I tried to run the Autodesk Revit Architecture 2012 it won't work and when I tried to uninstall the file from my control panel I just couldn't. I followed the steps in this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16828836&linkID=9243099 but the problem is I can do everything except the uninstall. Anyway, I wanted to know if it is possible to run just the 32bit version installer and therefore be able to use Revit Architecture 2012. Does anyone know how to do that? And on the other hand, does anyone know how can I uninstall the 64bits version I have in my Pc? I hope I could make myself clear.
  7. RickyS

Save As in Windows 7

I recently upgraded to windows 7 and AutoCAD 2012, when I hit save as the cursor or highlighted field is in the directory area not the file name. When I'm detailing I use save as a lot and this little quirk causes me about three extra steps, and kills my rhythm. Our XP machines defaulted to the file name area so you could simply type in a new name hit enter, and go on down the road. Has anybody ran into this one and hopefully figured out a work around?
  8. I had the free student version of autocad 2012, and it worked fine for a couple of months. Then a couple of days ago, I suddenly could not open the program. I did not try to open a specific file, just the autocad program itself. It showed me this error message: fatal error unhandled e0434352h Exception at fd4ca49dh I don't know what this means, so I tried to repair the program from the computer's control panel. It said the repair was successful, but the error message continued to appear. I uninstalled autocad and downloaded it again from the autodesk website. I re-installed it, but it said that parts of the program failed to install. I would try to use the program anyway, but I can't find it anywhere on my computer, so I assume the installation failed completely. I have tried restarting my computer, downloading and reinstalling again - both 64bit and 32bit. I have Windows7. Also, I saved the list the program gave me of what successfully installed and what failed to install, so I can provide that if it would help. Let me know if you need more information. I don't know much about computers, and I have no idea what else to do! Thank you for any help!!
  9. Recently upgraded my work computer to run Windows 7. First, I couldn't run The new Windows 7 Aero without AutoCAD being slow, jumpy, and unresponsive. Realized my graphics card sucked and I had to disable Aero. Viola, Worked great. Then I worked with drawings referencing PDF underlays... No Bueno. AutoCAD crashed non-stop. I switched AutoCAD to run in Compatibility mode with Windows XP SP3. Now shes doing well. I only have 1 tiny problem, that is growing into a complete thorn in my side. Everytime I open a drawing from explorer, AutoCAD relaunches the entire program. I searched for answers, I found the SDI and Taskbar commands. Both are set to "0"... No go, still doing it. Checked in windows for the file type association "AutoCAD DWG Launcher" is already selected. These are the 3 most common answers I have found, and so far the ONLY answers I have found... I cannot seem to stop AutoCAD from loading multiple times from explorer. I don't know if its a Windows problem, or an AutoCAD problem. I am getting around it by going through the AutoCAD menu and opening everything, but its just slowing me down. Anyone know of anything else I can try? Thanks!
  10. I work in an architecture office and we are FINALLY starting to upgrade our computers. We have already purchased one computer. It is windows 7 64-bit. We use AutoCAD 2002 and the boss man wants to keep using AutoCAD 2002 because he has everything set up just the way he wants it. He is just too lazy and too worried about money to take the time to upgrade to newer versions of CAD and set them up the exact same way. I could go on and on about that. Now, to the problem at hand. I have CAD2002 installed on the new machine by doing the XP virtual machine. However, we have a LISP routine that was made years ago for CAD2002 and now it isn't working on the new machine. I have loaded it the same way I have done on all other machines running Windows XP Pro 32-bit. If any one has any possible solutions or needs more information from me please let me know. I would like to get this problem fixed so he gets off of my back. Thank you in advance for the assistance.
  11. I am getting ready to perform a CLEAN install of Windows 7 (to replace VISTA) Are all the Civil3D 2011 "Database" (Surfaces, Alignments, Style Settings,etc...) sotred within each .dwg file, or is there a master database faile ? I am NOT using AutoCAD Vault Any tips on the reinstall to be able to get all my settings, plot style EVERYTHING, back to where they were ?