Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 5 results

1. Just as a reference point I'm using AutoCAD Mechanical 2015. I'm trying few different methods for which to basically create a library of symbols to use on my drawings. The best method that I can seem to find involves using blocks of some kind. The issue arises when I place multiple blocks of the same kind into one drawing. Is there anyway of making it so that when I edit one particular block that it doesn't alter the rest of them? I would like to be able to do this without having to explode my blocks and recreate them with different titles if possible. If that is not possible I'm up for suggestions.
  2. I’d like to know if you have one LSP that links points with some 3D POLY LINE between then. Something like an outline, just like this: It is link points given by coordinates. I upload from a device the coordinates and import points to AutoCAD, but I have to link them like the picture. It doesn't have an order, but the 3d lines are only the outside. It will be good if I can select them to link or even link by layer, because I work with tunnels and each point represents the edge of it.
  3. I realize that I am new and I hope this hasn't been covered before. I am linking a CAD layout to InDesign. The previous file worked perfectly. Now, however, the updated file moves if I try to print it. If I put the new layout on top of the old, it is fine. If I delete the old layout though, the new one moves regardless of what I try. This is kind of urgent, considering the deadline is tomorrow and I still have a ton of work to do.
  4. I have read many posts about linking attributes with excel files but have yet been able to receive any help with what i'm trying to do, so any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm an engineer that works for a company that designs offshore drilling platforms. Currently i am generating panel termination sheets (image attached) and i have to generate one for every junction box but i have several to do (several 100). What i want to do is link my excel junction box schedule (image attached) and set up my attributes in such a way that i input the originating or terminating device and the rest of the attributes auto populate based on my excel sheet. For example (view attached image as reference), i want to input "s-t4630", then i want my cable size (3x2.5mm2), and my cable id (t46-el-2005-01) to generate. REFERENCE IMAGES.zip
  5. Hello there :-) I am wondering whether anyone may be able to provide a relative newbie with some assistance. I have been trawling the pages here and elsewhere to try and find an answer that I can comprehend or use, but had no luck so far :-( What I am trying to achieve, is to import an excel spreadsheet to AutoCad 2010, and use cells from this table to automatically populate text fields. What I am trying to generate are some 19" patch bay labels (that can only be printed on A3 at an angle, hence the use of cad). We have to create these types of labels a lot, and Excel is a far more friendly place to be able to do this (plus the data already exists from wiring schedules). I have not tried any form of automation like this before, so am not really sure where to start. The searches I have made are probably failing, as I don't know what to call the thing I am looking for. I have managed to copy and "paste special" as an object the table that I wish to use - however I cannot seem to find a way to replicate the data from the table to the areas on the drawing where the text needs to appear. I did try the insert field/formula/cell - but I of course only get #### as the fields are text rather than numerical (well a mix of both). Does anyone know if there is a solution to being able to complete this task please? It takes a long time to go through and manually change all of the separate mtext blocks as there are 2 off rows of 48 per patch bay, and each pair of patches uses 3 separate text inputs. Todays job has a total of 13 patch bays, so any form of automation from the existing excel sheets would make me a very happy man... Any assistance very much appreciated, Kind Regards, Lee Rich