Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'new computer'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 3 results

1. Our office is considering getting a new computer for my daily cad use. Currently we use 2009 and would like to upgrade to 2012 and hopefully 13 when we get it. The computer I use now is 4 years old and is starting to run slow when using multiple programs or even cad just by itself. 3D is a nightmare! It is a Dell T7400 Quad core Xeon Proc E5420 2.50GHz, 2X6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz 4GB, DDR2 ECC SDRAM memory NVidia Quadro FX1700 512MB dial DVI Graphics Card Dual monitors Windows Vista OS I was hoping someone out there could help break down what would be an ideal set up for running 2012 and up, with the occasional 3D rendering through cad as well as frequent photoshop use (CS4). I also use occasionally sketch up, impression, those little add on programs. Autodesk has the "system requirements" for installing the program, but that I am guessing is nowhere near what an ideal set up would be for easy daily use. I have looked thru some posts to get an idea, but I figured it would just be easier to ask. We also have a "computer guy" who can piece together a computer if that's recommended as well, he did that with our server, however I don't think he is too familiar with autocad's needs so that's why I'm here. I'm not trying to go crazy because there is a reasonable budget (maybe between 2k and 2.5k), but what's something that would be powerful to hold out for another 4 or 5 years? Typically, we buy directly bought from dell, but if we could get a better system for less by building it ourselves, it doesn't matter. I just need some ideas to hand to the decision makers. Basically...if you had $2500, what components would you get for a new computer? Thanks!
  2. Talked to my cousin for a few mins yesterday. He is looking for me to build him a new system. Or possibly salvage what I can out of his now. Only spoke to him for a few mins, so I am posting in here to find out what questions I need to be asking him. Since I don't or have every used autocad, have an idea of what I would purchase, but not 100% sure how to balance the costs between parts. I guess the first thing I should ask is which of the autocad programs he uses. Didn't even realize that they have 57 thousand versions Do I need to ask anything more specifc in regards to that? As in does he do 3d modelling, video... Figured that "the" program would be one of the first to support the dual and quad cpus, but apparently not? You have to run multiple processes or the program a few times since won't use more than one cpu at once? Again I haven't really read much about autocad, so you must forgive my knowing nothing about it. Not sure how much power needed from video card rendering vs overkill or just for gaming vs cpu speed? Solid state seems a bit expensive, as well as the small drive sizes, so assume sata 3 drive would be fine. 8gb of ram ? Looking to spend $400-$500 if possible. Ive roughly priced out an i5-2500k for $200, $100 for a mobo, $35 ram, $125 for 1tb hd, $50 video card or not enough juice? In Canada, so the prices here are a bit more expensive. Hoping to catch some boxing week sales. Found a post from 2008, figured that thread would be dead by now. Is the only reason why I am posting a new one. Thanks
  3. I'm trying to move my autocad program onto a new computer. I looked this up and I found the use of importing and exporting the files. But the thing is I can't do anything with the autocad on my new one at all. When I click on my Setup file to Install, it pops out a saying "You cannot install this product on the current operating system." So, how can I even do the Exporting feature? Or are there other ways??