Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

1. Hi, I'm modeling for excavations on GPS. The software on the excavators is Trimble Earthworks. I can use file flipper to convert a LandXML file (even a dxf) to a usable format for the machines. My problem: I can export to dxf and only get lines... tin surfaces can't be extracted from a dxf..... I can export to LandXML, but i don't know how to export the lines. The export only seems to use the tin surface.... Anyone has a method? Thanks!!! w0677 0610.dwg w0677 0610-2.dxf
  2. Hi guys, I've created an AutoLisp app which creates a cross section of the 3D terrain grid. The terrain can consists of raw AutoCAD entities: MESH / POLYFACE MESH / POLYGON MESH (one or more, even combined). As an author, I will be grateful for any comment, especially suggestions for improvements and developments. Andrej Skvarca TERRAIN_CROSS_SECTION.fas
  3. I want to create a surface from a projected curve (the blue line). I tried using the Boundary Surface tool, but I'm getting a mess of a surface.
  4. I am looking to add clarity to my models for my clients and one thing I think would help that would be to add colour to the models I have. Mainly I wanted the design to have some kind of bright colour and the existing topo to be a darker colour. Any insights into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, J
  5. Hi! I am trying to display all the elements from my subassemblies on the plan view. Can't find option responsible for display a bench from the subassembly called daylightbasin. I have a linework in a corridor showing bottom of the ditch, external side of a bench and link to surface, but all the options responsible for the bench seems to not working. Ideally I would like to add a feature line in all the places where my corridor change the shape, according to the created assembly, but really I have tried everything what I do know and it's just not working. I know I could do it manually, but I think that's not the purpose of using software like Civil 3D. As you can see in the last image, corridor line (external edge of a bench) is going in a bit different direction than the countours from the surface generated based on the corridor. Please help! It
  6. urdaddy

U-Turn modelling

Does anyone has any idea how to model this kind of U-turn which is basically end of the road in the same time and it's curved at the end?
  7. Hi! I have a drawing with mixed points and blocks. Area is huge and I really can't work. I have an idea to replace all the blocks with points, hope it will reduce a bit size of the drawing. Could you help me with that? Uncle Google couldn't help me with it unfortunately... Simply - have to replace large ammount of blocks (two lines crossed with level in the central point) with points. Many thanks!
  8. Hi I have used the Extract Intersections between two surfaces to get a complex line but I dont know how to give a thickness to it How can I give a thickness to make it a solid? Thank you
  9. Hi Everyone:) I am working with contour lines. I don't have any trouble creating a surface from the contour lines (Toolspace > GIS topo > Definition > Contours > Add (with swapping edges selected) >> surface generates). What I was wondering is : IS there any way to create different layers for different slope gradients (as defined in the slope properties)? Ultimately what I want to do is be able to isolate the regions that fall into different slope categories and create boundaries around them. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
  10. Jakub

LandXML properties

Hi, I created and exported a surface (as TIN model) in Trimble Business Center. I need to import this file to AutoCAD Civil or Bentley Inroads with certain properties. Is it possible to join information about colour or shading properties in xml code? I prepared the surface model with classification (road, water etc.) that each has different color. But when I import this xml file to Civil I get only tin as a surface in the same colour. How to import LandXML to Civil 3D or Inroads with this informations? Thanks in advance, Jacob
  11. I am coming up to the 3 year mark of working with Solidworks (in education not professionally!). I have an imported surface that I have made some modifications to for a hinge mechanism. It has come to my attention that I have made the surface 'too curved', I have spent hours trying to adjust the curves on the two sides - I only need the two sides curved around 25% less (doesn't need to be dimensionally perfect at all! just look right! If anyone could shed some light on how I would go about this... hopefully without re-doing the whole part again as I have several other pieces I need to attempt the procedure on also! See sample. If you would like to see the part, I can provide you with the upload link as it is too large to upload unfortunately
  12. Squirltech

Help with surface

I need some assistance here... I have a surface that was created in Acad 09, Land Desktop (attached file) but there are no .xml files and the original drawing can't be located. The person who did the original drawing, no longer works here (of course). Anyway, long story longer, I would like to create a surface from the linework provided, in Civil 2015 format, but I've tried all I know and I'm coming up empty handed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance. T BLOCK-Surface07.dwg
  13. i'm watching a video on youtube of a how to draw a helicopter blade, i understand what is going on in the video, but there is one point i can't follow. right when . I did exactly everything he did until that point, where i can't target the open loop(the line), instead it targets the sketch(3 lines connected to each other). I attached my last progress file blade5.SLDPRT .. i'm using solidworks 2015 sp2.1
  14. sandiegophil

going nuts trying to find default

Hello, I cannot find the default settings that control the point label style for a surface. I start a new drawing with no template, import an xml surface, turn on some contours and the points. I cannot find where that sneaky elevation style is hidden in order to change it. All help is greatly appreciated. Regards, phil
  15. I am working on a project that has dirtwork everyday that i need to run cut and fill quantities from daily asbuilts. Currently we are using Topcon Magnet Office DTM model (triangles), I am wondering if it will be more practical or accurate to use a Civil 3d surface to run these daily updates.
  16. I have two surfaces. An EG Surf and a Surveyed Surf. I need to splice the surveyed surf into the EG. The EG is much bigger than the Survey and etirely covers the survey surf. I want the two surfaces to tie in/splice together smoothly. So I thought I would add a 20' or 50' buffer around the survey surf between it and the EG where the two surfaces could gradually tie together instead of sharp changes to connect them. To do this I offset the survey surf border by 50' as a polyline and use that as a hide boundary for the EG surf. Then pasted both into a new blank surface. But instead of tying together in the new surface there is just a 50' gap/hole in between them. Any thoughts?
  17. Hello, I am using Matlab to create a surface I import into Autocad Mechanical 2015. Matlab uses a library to convert a matrix into a .dxf 3D surface. Depending on the option, the surface is either a cloud of points, or made of triangles or square patches (linking the points). (files attached) I can open these files with AutoCAD Mechanical and even export them in other formats (ie. stp), but I would like to convert the cloud of points or the triangles mesh into a surface (mostly to reduce the size of the file). For now I have 4 millions points (which gives me a 19MB .stp file when I export the triangle mesh .dxf file into .stp). I am planning to increase the resolution... So it is not possible to keep all the points and triangle meshs and I hope that there is a way to replace the meshs and points into a surface in order to make it easier to handle by AutoCAD, and lighter to export. (I need to export it in .stp (or similar format) so it can be used by an electromagnetic simulation software (HFSS, CST...)). How can I do with Autodesk product design suite ultimate 2015? (AutoCAD Mechanical, Inventor pro...) Best regards, Fabien triangles_and_points.zip
  18. sandiegophil

surface labels

Hello, I am hopeful that someone has found a way to utilize or extract the data in the surface properties --> statistics --> volume list for use in an expression for a volume label. I want to be able to create labels that let me dynamically show volume comparisons. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks, Phil
  19. Hello, I need to specify the slope of the streets of a city. I have the elevation points of streets. But, how can I get slopes in Civil 3D? I am working with Civil 3D, but I do not know the procedure for this work. I should create a surface from these points? The surface's triangles must be inside streets (the line of streets should be as breaklines)? Thank you in advance, Mohsen
  20. I want lisp to get at the beginning and end of each polyline of the Elevation Label Label Sample.dwg
  21. Hi, i have a little problem with cad... How can i extend line to the surface? Is there any chance to do this? I tried to do this but everything is pointless... Thanks for help e: Ofc line intersects the plane
  22. davidpalevich

Creating Surface Profile

Hey everyone. I am new to AutoCad due to the fact that I am helping out my father-in-law with his Civil Engineering business. I need help with surface profile view. I have created the alignment and created the profile (in model view) but when it generated the numbers were all on top of each other and its a giant mess. How do I fix this with out trying to individually move each number and try and find a spot for it.
  23. I have been searching for a very long time and i hope you can help me this way cause i found nothing. The thing is, i have a polyline and set its thickness but i need something like 3DFACE which can cover those open areas on the bottom and top. Nothing ever worked, except for dividing it into million pieces and applying 3dface/loft for each, lol
  24. Hi, I have a problem I can't seem to solve I have two pipes, installed eccentrically. The pipes will be perforated (made holes in) perpendicularly to the inner pipe axis. The perforations have a known phasing and density that will be true for the inner pipe. But due to the eccentricity of the pipes, the holes in the outer pipe will be random. What I want do do is to use Inventor to "unfold" the outer/larger pipe surface OD, to trace the holes down to a flat plane or surface. Then the plan is to print out this flat surface on a paper, wrap it aroud the pipe and drill the holes manually. Please find attached pdf that will help you understand my frustration. Can you help me with this? Please ask if you have any questions. casings.pdf
  25. So I have two 3D scans of a retaining wall (one from 2013 and another from 2014) and I need to compare the two and see if it has moved. I am wondering if anyone in the world knows how to do so. Since the surfaces are vertical, and not horizontal, this has become a real 'head-scratcher' for me. I've tried to use the 'X' values as elevations, but since the retaining wall is not due east-west in the 'real-world' it isn't along the 'X' and 'Y' in AutoCAD, therefore when I tried to compare the surfaces, I get a gradual increased elevation difference from South-North due to the rotation from North (in the real-world) and the coordinates produced... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP, I CAN PAY!