Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. I have difficulty on specifying the distance for copy or move commands. It has different options and I have to get my desired result after many try and error. Where can I find a detailed explanation on these commands options? distance, base point and first point as displacement. My exact problem is as follows: I want to move a line 5 cm to the right of present location with orthogonal active . What is the best/fastest way to do this?
  2. Hi, I'm updating my block library with dynamic rotations but I'm having trouble with blocks that do not have base points in their centre's. When I rotate the block the base point grip stays in it's original place. This can be a problem when I need to copy multiple instances of the block within the same drawing. Is there a way to apply the dynamic rotation to the grip? I've tried selecting everything in the block editor when creating the rotation parameter but it seems the original base point is avoided during this process.
  3. Autocad 2013 in model work area , I am having a problem with selecting blocks from the pallet and placing them on the drawing. most were set t0 place at the selected point. how ever i don't know where to begin it will place them at x,y but not at z, ends up out of frame. in front view i place the block but when switching to top view the block is 100 feet to the rear of the model. 1:1 , inches and feet any help where to start correcting this it is cumbersome to constantly move the object a 2ed time. I guess its not really the insertion point because i can set that with the 0,0,0. It's when i click to set the point from the point of view without a snap it seems the axis view is not at 0 from what ever view im in but at the limit of the drawing from that point of view. example: I'm looking at the front view standing on the bottom center edge of the screen or limit of 125' +/- from the plan view. so i'm 125' from the 0,0,0 base point of the drawing in the z axis but at 0,0 in both x and y
  4. I am (repetitively) cutting with ctrl+x lines from one objects ucs to another. Since looking at GeomCurve (I think?) I can no longer paste with the objects base point (UCS 0,0,0) . This appears to have stuck with the WCS (when a line is cut using the UCS and origin on the line). On investigation Insbase also resets with each new UCS to an x,y,z related to the WCS. A similar thing has happened in the past when turning off the ucs icon but has been sorted by fiddling with ucsicon . Its not stopping me work but thanks in advance, Mike
  5. Hello, I'm trying to make blocks with attributes and i watched video on youtube to do so .But when I insert the same block I need to name the tags twice. I don't know how it happens and it bugs me. Please help! A second question is that when I load the block in another dwg file, the base point isn't the same as it was on the existing file. how does this happen and how can i reset the point? and please use simple words because I'm from the Netherlands and I only know basic English:( thank you very much, Pakowano
  6. Hi everyone, I ran into a weird issue when I tried to create a rectangle off of a base point. Whenever I type in the x and y coordinates, a rectangle is created however the coordinate i typed in is now the end point and the rest of the rectangle extends to the bottom left of my screen and is beyond my zoom extent. I can create a rectangle using just the x coordinate off of a base point but it seems like the y coordinate is screwing everything up. Has anyone ran into this type of issue before? I was able to create rectangles all night using a base point but for some reason this issue just started happening to me. Thank you!!!