Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'data extraction'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

1. I came across the attached LISP routine that allows attribute information to be extracted into an excel document. Unfortunately this code searches the entire drawing for attributes, when I need only specific blocks to be selected. I am looking to modify the following code, so that it will prompt me for a selection window when extracting specific block attributes in a drawing. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate, as I have no experience writing or modifying LISP. Thank You ATTOUT.LSP
  2. Hello, I have been trying for the last few days to automate out a process but have found myself pretty stuck. The process now involves manually going in and looking at the properties of the polyline and copying over the length to a separate excel file and matching it to the block that it goes to. The blocks all have their locations recorded on a separate excel file. The best lead that I have right now is that I can use Data Extraction to pull all of the poly line data at once. However sadly the Data Extraction command cannot pull information of the vertexes of polylines. This is where i need help! I was thinking that I could get around this by assigning the location of the first vertex of the polyline's (the start point 's) X and Y coordinates to the hyperlink, which CAN be extracted with Data Extraction. With the X and Y coordinates I would be able to cross compare the X and Y coordinates with the one from the block and know which it is matched too. I am very new to using LISP and have attempted to write it myself with little success. I am not sure how to write in the Hyperlink just as a string rather than as an actual address. I would like to be able to select all of the polylines at once and have to command change all the hyperlinks at once. Thanks in advance for the help, I am exited to get better at using LISP! Leo
  3. Hello All, I am working on making Bills of Materials with Block information. I use tubing as a main component in my data extractions. What I would like to do is be able to extract the text overwritten length that I dictate from the all dimension leaders with the same part number, and add them to get an overall length of tubing used in the assembly. For instance if I have two blocks, both with the part number "tube 1" but one has a dimension leader where I overwrite 5 (inches) and one has a dimension leader where I overwrite 6 I would like the data extraction to show "tube 1" with 11 (inches). Much appreciated!
  4. Hello, I have an AutoCAD Drawing with different Blocks. These blocks have some of the attributes names in common (Height, Length & Width). Can I extract the attribute data from selected area in drawing to an existing excel sheet with standard template such that the block name comes under column named "Block Name", Value of Height Attribute comes under column "Height" and so on? Here are the list of things I wanted to do in attached drg 1. Extract data from some blocks (Block Names are: SA GRILLE, SA Slot Diffuser, SA Sq Diffuser, Shoe Piece, Straight Duct, Transition, Elbow) from selected area on drg. 2. Extract the values of Attributes named WIDTH, HEIGHT, WIDTH2, HEIGHT1 & LENGTH 3. The Data should be extracted to an existing excel sheet as attached. 4. The data extracted should come under respective column label. Is this feasible using VBA? Here are some links which are helpful but I couldn't get desired results using those. http://www.lee-mac.com/macatt.html http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?64960-Browse-for-an-existing-excel-file Dynamic Blocks Data.xlsx Dynamic Blocks.dwg
  5. Hi all, I have done data extraction of my CAD file to excel using AutoCad 2017 (full version), which includes global width, but did not include the handle or any other type of ID to distinguish the lines from one another. Is there any way to get the attributes of lines, specifically global width, in an attribute table that includes the handle to distinguish the lines? If this can be accomplished in other cad software that is free besides Autocad, I'm open to that as well Thanks!
  6. Hello all, I'm looking for some way to convert ESRI ArcGIS geodatabases and/or shapefiles into CAD linework using vanilla AutoCAD. In my office (petroleum industry), we use utility data, parcel and ROW data, and topo data (especially contour lines) the most, so these categories are the stuff we would be importing into CAD the most. Now, due to how rarely this issue comes up at my workplace, I can tell you that I will never get authorization to buy a Civil 3D or Map 3D license, nor will I ever get authorization to buy any third party conversion software that is more than about $300 (I've been begging for a $300 copy of Manifold for months now to no avail). I had found and downloaded an add-on from somewhere, and although it worked occasionally, it still couldn't handle .gdbs but only the older shapefile format. I also tried ESRI's ArcGIS viewer for ACAD but that seems to only allow viewing- not export or manipulation of data. Does Autodesk or ESRI (or any third-party developers for that matter) offer any affordable add-ons that would allow us to convert shapefiles and or geodatabases into vanilla AutoCAD 2014/15 linework?
  7. Back into the world of AutoCAD after a 20 year absence. When exporting dynamic block parameter data to Excel using the wizard, all data ends up as text (ex: 3'6 1/2") which is useless for using within Excel formulas. Is there a way around this other than changing the units to decimal before I extract the data and then converting text back to numeric in Excel?
  8. Hello Everyone, I'm using AutoCad 2014 and have Microsoft office 2007. I use attributes in every drawing. Most have identifications as 1-01 which stands for Floor 1-Item #01 or 3-27 which stands for Floor 3-Item#27. When I use the data extraction, I extract it to the drawing, everything is correct at this point. Then export to a CSV file. If I open the CSV file in Excel all of my attributes turn into dates 1-Jan or 27-Mar. If I try to turn the column back to general or text it becomes some 5 digit number. Is there a way to export the data into excel but it keep the formating of the data in Cad?
  9. I'm trying to automate our work flow. I need to be able to place incrimental numbers for which I've found Lee Mac's numbering suite.http://www.lee-mac.com/numinc.htmlhttp:// I am placing numbered lamps for a lighting control network.Every lamp in the network has a unique number (from the numbering suite). I am trying to automate the creation of nodes. Each control channel fed from a controller can manage around 50 lamps, so the control line is wired from the main controller to a number of network boxes each of which can accomodate a maximum of 8 lamps. I am looking to create a tool which would group 8 lamps together automatically and insert a numbered network box in between them. If posible I would also like for the connecting wires to be drawn automatically so I can build a network by simply placing lamp numbers over drawn lamps on an architectural drawing. Meanwhile all this information needs to skim off into an excel sheet or some other database so I can automate the creation of quotes and bill of materials based directly on the current design. However I'm pretending that isn't a problem yet and just trying to make the drawing part automatic. Any help on this would be much appreciated. I will be able to design schemes in a couple of hours rather than a couple of days if this is posible......?
  10. Hi guys, I've created a table through data extraction using blocks for data. The table isn't showing the text for comments, keywords,title or subject that is in the drawing file for the different blocks. Any ideas why this is so? Thanks
  11. Hi guys, I've created this dynamic block for work. Its an overhead cupboard with 4 doors. My problem is that when i create a table through data extraction the value for the length and height for the doors aren't shown (The column this there with a heading, no value), the length of the cabinet and visibility is though. Do i need to assign an action or something for the value to be displayed? Thanks 4 DOOR OHC - ELEVATION.dwg
  12. Good Day looking for assistance with extracting data from an AutoCAD table. Hav found a fex examples on how to create a table in AutoCAD with VB.Net but no luck on how to loop through the rows and columns in an AutoCAD table and see the items within. Want to be able to loop through a list of drawings, open drawings find the table in Paper or Model space, loop through the records and export them to excel - SQL or XML, or even a simple method of creating a collection if records in VB.Net, where one colud then export the list Any assistnace most welcome Regards
  13. Hello everyone, in order to obtain a seabed profile for a school project, I need to get the Y coordinate of a polyline on several Kilometers with a fxed X step of 2m between each point. For the moment, the only manual solution I have found is to create a vertical line every 2m and to get the distance between the intersection of this line with my polyline and an horizontal line representing the mean sea level. Is there any way to automatize it because it is very long to do manually and I don't have enough time ? I did not succeed in doing this with dataExtraction. I also found on the internet a LISP file which extract the coordinates of points contained in the window. Nevertheless, I was told it is not possible to create automatically points on a curved polyline with a fixed x step. What I need at the end is an excel file of this type to use it in another software: X(m) Water Depth (m) 0 15.121 2 15.134 4 15.147 ... ... I precise I am a beginner in autocad, I have started today. Have you got any idea to solve this problem ? Thank you in advance
  14. Hi everyone, I'm following this great forum for a year now and it has help me A LOT! so first of all thank you all. Now for our Bill of Material we generate tables with the data extraction function which is great since it's updating itself on every change in the selected entities. The BOM can be very long (in term of rows) and the drawings very large (road engineering) so having the handle associated to the entity length and/or area would help us to locate it quickly (we already have a lisp to locate entities by handle). The question then is: How can add a new column in the generated table that will contain the handle of this entity ? Basically I have now a table with |Layer|length|Area| and would like |Handle|Layer|length|area| Thank you very much Daniel EDIT: the table catches data from any type of entity (polylines, circles, hatches, blocks ...)
  15. I would like to extract a furniture schedule by using attributed blocks. I would like attributes like Item #, Color, Size, Location, Description, Manufacturer, etc…. The problem with the data extraction system that I am having is that in order for a chair with a tag to be considered the same chair and be counted correctly all the block attributes have to be exactly the same/ match. For example, if I have the same chair (CH-01) but the location of the chair changes, cad treats it as 2 different chairs. Anyone know of a solution to this issue I am having? THANK YOU!
  16. I was able to find this Lisp Routine "ATTOUT" forexctracting attributes into an Excel document. I currently have blocks createdthat contain 4 different attribute values. These attributes are exctracted in creating B.O.M's to automate Mfg. processes in conveyor equipment construction.In devloping the B.O.M a specific format is required by the company I work for.Currenntly the Lisp routine does not extract the data in the format I wouldlike. I need this Lisp to "count"the number of blocks and output them into an excel table that follows the format "Qty" "Part #" "Descripition" (See BOM Tab of attached DWG). Model space contains a sampleof some of the blocks that are being used. I have very little experience writing Lisp, and in order to modify the codewould be beyond my abilities. Any helpthat can be provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank You LayoutExample.dwg ATTOUT.LSP
  17. Hello, I have about 50 blocks and each contain manuf. nos. The Data Extraction program is utilized which links these blocks to an excel spreadsheet to extract desc. & unit. to extract this data and placed in a bill of material together with the correct quantity calculated by this template. I have approximately 10 typical manuf. nos. that exist in various blocks. For example, manuf. No. "A123" will be in block "A", "G" and "M". The total quantity of this particular manuf no. is correctly calculated and placed in the bill of material. However, these manuf. no’s. quantity needs to be further divided by a “y” amount, and in the end needs to be rounded to the nearest 1 and placed on the quantity column. Can you please let me know which Table formula will work to achieve this result? Thank you.
  18. Apologies if this has been posted already - been searching everywhere for an answer to this one! Here is the problem with the process put simply: Start with a new drawing Drawn a rectangle. Place a block which has an attribute with a number at each corner. ie. 1-4. Convert all objects into one single block. (the attributes become nested). If you use data extraction and retrieve the attribute number, position X and position Y, and output to a table the information displayed is correct. HOWEVER, if you rotate the block and update the link the coordinates become incorrect? This seems to be an issue with nested blocks?
  19. Hello everybody My firstpost in here and I am existed, woooot… ahem. Here is mylittle problem, I have been trying to find a solution to this In a long time. I amtrying, to make a data extraction with Link External data with linking to aexcel sheet. Everything worksfine, with the data extraction. Then I try usingupload to source/download to source update, but end up with this msg. everytime: 1 object(s) found. 1 data link(s) do not allow their data to bewritten out. 0 data link(s) written out successfully. I havetried when it said, successful all the way, but nothing have happen in theexcel sheet at that time. What I amtrying to do, is make it automatic or manual update in the attributes in thedrawing. If I change something in my excel sheet and ofc. the other way around to if possible. Is thiseven possible? If so, anyone there is able to tell me what I am doing wronghere?
  20. Hi all, I am trying to extract data from a block for eg. area of a polyline (that had been made as a block) so that I can export it as an excel schedule. I have been unsuccessful so far. Whenever the data extraction window asked for what kind of information to be extracted, area is not one of them. Another question is, I have information that had been worked out in excel and I want to attach this to the blocks that i have made in CAD. I have import the schedule into CAD and this comes in as a table. How do I then link the cells in the table to the block annotation so that when the excel schedule changes, the block annotation changes too? Thank you!!! Would really appreciate some help! Elfie:)
  21. I have figured out how to link my room names that are on multiple layers (ceiling, 1/8" scale, 1/4" scale, signage, etc.), but I am wondering does anyone know if I can link them outside the current drawing. I would like for when I update my room name and number for them to automatically update in Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing sheets. Like I said all architectural are linked so that when I update one the others follow, but currently the other disciplines just copy and paste my names into their sheets which has been fine, but I think it is less risky for them to automatically update. I am considering creating additional layers in my background for the other disciplines but am kind of leary about giving them access to the backgrounds. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks Room Names.dwg
  22. Good Day looking for code in vb.net where i can retrieve what exrefs are in a drawing file without opening it. Will also like to be able to edit the exrefs paths and files within the drawing database. The method would also be useful to extract attributes etc. from drawing files without opening them. Any help most welcome. Regards CaveMan
  23. I've found a number of articles outlining the process of extracting data from AutoCAD to an Excel file, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do the reverse. For my work I have a number of databased already established in Excel and am able to create information tables rather quickly that access these databases. Currently, after creating a table in Excel I then copy, paste, scale to the right size in AutoCAD. There's gotta be a way to create a table in AutoCAD that simply accesses this information in Excel and just updates automatically. I produce a number of CAD drawings off of a template daily so this process has become quite the bottleneck. I really appreciate any help!
  24. Hi all, This is my first post so please be gentle... I'm trying to extract the 3d length of multiple lines into either a CSV, SSV or directly into a table, I have done a fair amount of research but all of the solutions seem to be for later versions of CAD than the one i'm currently using, I think 2008 is the first to have embedded data extraction for objects as well as attributes? Any help with this would be amazing! Best Regards Rick.
  25. Hi all, new here! I need some help creating and displaying unique IDs for all of my block references in a drawing. I'm self-taught CAD and self taught Filemaker and now I'm trying to figure out how to get the two to work together (I think I can, I think I can). My database is tracking trees and the CAD drawing locates those trees but I need a unique ID that can help translate information between formats. I have set up blocks with attributes and successfully extracted data into filemaker but I can't figure out how to get CAD to create and display a unique ID for each block reference. I can extract the "handles" of the references but I can't display those on the drawing. Any thoughts?