Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 4 results

1. Hi All, We use Betterwmf to make wmfs of our drawing that are then inserted into our Word Product Manuals. Lately we have had the need to have these manuals tranlsated to different languages by 3rd party translators. The problem is that they can't obviously click the text in the drawings, as they are just flat images. Does anyone have any experience with translations. Do you send the AutoCAD files and then re-insert them all later or how do you manage it? Thanks very much:)
  2. I am in the process of developing a Word template to consolidate the design calculations into one document. The design software we use creates dxf files. I am trying to open specific drawings, as determined by the user, and convert them to wmf so they can be imported into the word template. The following code is what I have for the export. I have added comments in blue to explain my concerns. Note that the following code is only for exporting the drawing and is being run from word. Sub Convert_3DBuild() Dim iRow As Integer Dim AcadApp As Object Dim SS 'As AcadSelectionSet Word does not let me declare this variable which is why it is commented out. On Error Resume Next Set AcadApp = GetObject(, "AutoCAD.Application") If Err.Number 0 Then Set AcadApp = CreateObject("AutoCAD.Application") End If AcadApp.Visible = True AcadApp.Documents.Open ("C:\drawing.dxf") Set SS = AcadApp.ActiveDocument.SelectionSets.Add("SS") Set SS = Nothing 'AutoCAD help states that if the selection set is Nothing, the entire drawing will be selected, but it does not seem to be the case here. 'SS.AcadApp.SelectAll AcadApp.ActiveDocument.Export "C:\drawing", "WMF", SS ' because SS is not recognized by AutoCAD as a selection set, AutoCAD waits for the user to select the parts before continuing. ' The selection needs to be automatic AcadApp.ActiveDocument.Close savechanges:=False ' If AcadApp.Documents.Count = 1 Then ' AcadApp.ActiveDocument.sendcommand "Exit" & vbCr ' is there a way to exit AutoCAD with out using SendCommand which again requires user interaction to select not to save changes to a blank drawing? ' End If Set AcadApp = Nothing End Sub I am open to other methods to accomplish the same task. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  3. I'm writing a program to import a WMF into the AutoCad Drawing. I haven't been able to find any reference for the import command, so I can't figure out why it's not working. According to Visual Studio, the Import command needs these things to work. Import(String FileName, Object InsertionPoint, Double ScaleFactor) Simplified Code: Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Geometry Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop Dim AcadApp As Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication AcadApp = CType(GetObject(, "AutoCAD.Application.18.2"), Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication) acadDoc = AcadApp.ActiveDocument acadDoc.Import("C:\Users\C\Documents\Drawing1.wmf", New Point3d(2, 2, 0), 2.0) When I comment out the last line of code, acadDoc.Import("C:\Users\C\Documents\Drawing1.wmf", New Point3d(2, 2, 0), 2.0) It runs fine. The error I'm getting is when I run it AutoCAD, ************** Exception Text ************** System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range. at System.StubHelpers.ObjectMarshaler.ConvertToNative(Object objSrc, IntPtr pDstVariant) at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.IAcadDocument.Import(String FileName, Object InsertionPoint, Double ScaleFactor) at TestSelectingFiltering.TestSelecting.MyCommands.FilterBlueCircleOnLayer0() at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorker(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction) at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.InvokeWorkerWithExceptionFilter(MethodInfo mi, Object commandObject, Boolean bLispFunction) at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.PerDocumentCommandClass.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Boolean bLispFunction) at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.CommandClass.CommandThunk.Invoke() Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
  4. I have a drawing that I'd like to export as a .WMF file. Among other things, it contains colored hatches and gradients. How is it possible to keep that information in the output file? Thanks.