Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 5 results

1. All, Does anyone have a lisp routine that does the same thing as Refset in refedit where it transfers objects from the refedit working set to the host drawing without going into refedit? thanks, Brian
  2. Hello helpful people. I'm looking for a routine to reference edit every block in my drawing and change the color of everything to "bylayer". I can make a script easily enough that will chprop all color to bylayer but that won't touch things inside blocks. What do you do when you encounter this problem? Thanks in advance!
  3. I apologize if there's already a thread about this topic; if so, a search did not locate it. Anyway, this involves Reference Edit. Today I received an AutoCAD 2000 set of house plans from another designer that was nothing but blocks: text, hatch patterns, dimensions, linework- it all consist of some sort of blocks (see attached image). Now, I've worked with AutoCAD for over ten years, and never have I once seen this before (might be hard to believe, but there it is). I am editing these plans for my client, and I want to change the text and dimension styles in addition to making the changes to the layout and elevations that she wants. The problem is: I have no idea what these 'blocks' are, where they came from, or how to edit them! EXPLODE does indeed explode them, but I would rather not do that to dimensions and hatch patterns! AT first I thought they were some sort of external reference, but XREF shows no files even associated with the drawing. So can anyone explain to me what these blocks are, what advantage there is to using them, and how I might edit them without exploding everything all over the place? I am using AutoCAD 2002, by the way.
  4. I was very intrigued by a customer/clients DWG. It had all these, 'equipment envelopes'. They were blocks that were locked from editing/exploding. There were many of them. I could REFEDIT and save/discard changes, but that changed all the blocks. I noticed that the block had two 'parts', in the REFEDIT it appeard to have two files, a block within a block. I finally realized wblock (save block as) would allow me to actually 'get into' the block. So, that problem is solved (thanks in part to this website and its tutorials/forums). I'm still very curious, however. How did they do that?
  5. I have a site plan from another .dwg that I copied with base point and inserted into my .dwg as a block. To edit this block in my .dwg I Rt. Click-Edit Block in Place, then use the Refedit Toolbar to save my changes. It seems each time I edit the block the linework, circles, etc. are duplicated; resulting in several duplicate objects stacked on top of each other within my block. I exploded the block, used the drawing cleanup tool and it found 37,000+ duplicate objects to delete! This happened before in another .dwg. I am running AutoCAD Civil3D Land Desktop Companion 2009, I also have an EaglePoint plug-in that we use to download our data if that helps. Any suggestions to remedy this problem would be greatly appreciated.