Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'selecting items'.

• Search By Tags

Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type

Forums

• CADTutor
    • News, Announcements & FAQ
    • Feedback
  • AutoCAD
    • AutoCAD Beginners' Area
    • AutoCAD 2D Drafting, Object Properties & Interface
    • AutoCAD Drawing Management & Output
    • AutoCAD 3D Modelling & Rendering
    • AutoCAD Vertical Products
    • AutoCAD LT
    • CAD Management
    • AutoCAD Bugs, Error Messages & Quirks
    • AutoCAD General
    • AutoCAD Blogs
  • AutoCAD Customization
    • The CUI, Hatches, Linetypes, Scripts & Macros
    • AutoLISP, Visual LISP & DCL
    • .NET, ObjectARX & VBA
    • Application Beta Testing
    • Application Archive
  • Other Autodesk Products
    • Autodesk 3ds Max
    • Autodesk Revit
    • Autodesk Inventor
    • Autodesk Software General
  • Other CAD Products
    • BricsCAD
    • SketchUp
    • Rhino
    • SolidWorks
    • MicroStation
    • Design Software
    • Catch All
  • Resources
    • Tutorials & Tips'n'Tricks
    • AutoCAD Museum
    • Blocks, Images, Models & Materials
    • Useful Links
  • Community
    • Introduce Yourself
    • Showcase
    • Work In Progress
    • Jobs & Training
    • Chat
    • Competitions

Categories

• Programs and Scripts
  • 2D AutoCAD Blocks
  • 3D AutoCAD Blocks
  • Images
    • Backgrounds

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 4 results

1. Hello all, real newbie here.. My first question is: AutoCad 2016 (student ver.) is there a possible way of selecting one line (property RED) and then have a command that could select all the lines in model space that have the color RED?? Could it be done with using any of: linetype/lineweight/line color ***IF WHILE IN MODEL SPACE EVERYTHING IS ONLY "LAYER 0"***....meaning I didnt use the layer properties what if the RED lines are a block? Can I SELECT one block and then USING a SELECTION TOOL it could select all the blocks?? NOW 18:53- I WILL BE HERE UNTIL TOMORROW NO LATER THEN 09:00 PLEASE HELP ME
  2. I have the Ctrl+Q set up to select similar. Quite handy when used with another shortcut I've set up Ctrl+H to hide that selection or any other command I wish to invoke after. This works great but I was hoping to know if it's possible for the same standard command of AutoCADs select similar can be done by LISP, only difference being that it only selects whats visible on the monitor. I think it's a long shot asking but worth asking :]. It would be handy for deleting similar stuff just on the screen without having to shift select (de-select) the other items selected. Thanks in advance.
  3. I have been looking for a lisp routine to select 3 dimensions and 3 text items and put them back into the dwg in a row. I'm working in paper space so I have to pick the dimension text not the entity. Any help would be great. I just need a basic start in the correct direction. Thanks
  4. Hi everyone, I have a quick question. I have to ad a object to the legend of a map in autocad. The map contains a grid with on the right lower corner a legend window. Someone else drew some tents and fences on the map and most of the object were copied and placed in the legend with the text next to them explaining what the object is. If i turn off layer 0 both the objects as well as the grid and legend disapear (means they are all drawn on layer 0) all other layers are the background of the map. Problem is that I can select the objects drawn on the map but when i copy and drag them to the legend window they dissapear behind the legend. Even if I order them to be op top or in front of other objects they stay behind the white retangular that contains te legend. Another problem is that the legend and the grid aren't selectable, is there a way to make them selectable again? Thanks in advance,