Date Created

• Start

End

Last Updated

• Start

End

Filter by number of...

Found 6 results

1. Hi, I try to plot my drawings in this new template that i created - with all those new layer. I have compared it with my other drawings, the layer properties is pretty much the same however for this drawing, some of my layer are not visible in the viewport and missing when i plot the view. All layer missing are in white colors. Do you guys happened to know why this is happening and what are the solution? Thanks.
  2. I think I'm encountering the same problem that was not resolved here. I'm trying to set all the layers of an xref to layer 251. I found two codes online, posted below. CVX: (defun c:cvx (/ ent_data);;changes all layers in selected xref to color 251 (setq ent_data (entget (car (entsel)))) (command "-layer" "Color" 251 (strcat (cdr (assoc 2 ent_data)) "*")"") ) X251: (defun C:X251 (/ EN L X ad layers) (command "UNDO" "BEGIN") (setq EN (nentsel "\nSelect Xref: ") L (cdr (assoc 8 (entget (car EN)))) X (substr L 1 (vl-string-position (ascii "|") L)) ) (setq AD (vla-get-ActiveDocument (vlax-get-Acad-Object)) layers (vla-get-Layers ad)) (if (/= (vl-string-search "|" L) nil) (progn (vlax-for layer layers (if (/= (vl-string-search (strcat X "|") (vla-get-name layer)) nil)(vla-put-Color layer 251)) ) (command ".REGEN") ) (princ "Not an Xref!") ) (prin1) (command "UNDO" "END") ) I used the CVX routine for a while, until I discovered that it doesn't work if I select xrefs that are attached to overlaid xrefs. So I tried switching to the X251 routine, but if I use UNDO, the changes aren't reflected until I REGEN the drawing. I tried using an undo group as suggested in the linked post, but that didn't change the result. Any advice?
  3. Hello, Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm not sure what to search for. I just have one question. I have a layer with a black line. Over that I have another line from another layer, colored yellow. However, the yellow color differs slightly from the color I have chosen, when the line is drawn over the black line. Looks like it's about 50/50 of each color. I have tried to put the yellow line "above object" and sending back the black line. Do you guys have any suggestions? I uploaded an image to illustrate. The right example is what I'm trying to get, without breaking the black line beneath. Thanks!
  4. Hi, We're using AutoCAD LT 2013 and we simply want to plot some electrical drawings provided by one of our manufacturers in black and white only. When viewing the drawings on screen it shows all different colours used for different layers (I think), when we try plotting in black and white the yellows and blues come out grey. Same thing happens when we try to Publish as a PDF. Is there a way to change the entire drawing to black without individually selecting each line? Thanks in advance Brad
  5. Hello All, I work with projects that require several layers. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to automatically create x number of layers with names like "name_1," "name_2," "name_..." "name_n-1," "name_n" without having to manually input each layer's name. Furthermore, I need each layer to have a different color. Again, is there a way to assign different colors automatically without having to go in and do it manually layer by layer? You all have been very helpful so far and I appreciate the time you take to help me become a better CADer. Best Regards, Beef
  6. Has anyone experience this or know why this happens? dwg A is x-refed to dwg B. am working on dwg B & click on x-ref and go into Edit reference in place. if I now click on > any object and go into properties & change the color from bylayer to red (for example) and save changes. -everything works fine and when i come out - the drawing B display red colour. -which is ok > however if i click on x-ref and go into Edit reference in place.if I now click on a layer and change its colour from pink to red. all the objects change colour to red. but when i save changes and come out to DWG B the colour of layer donot chage ,, stays pink (Visretain =1 , but i don't think its to do with that)