Known good code causes syntax errors in one file only?

TemporaryCAD

This is really quite odd, I'm trying to work on a program and doing basic things are returning syntax errors.  

I was trying to create a list, with (setq lst (list 0.0 0.0)), and it was returning a syntax error.  I thought it was weird but it's a monday morning, so I went to the autolisp documentation and attempted to use the given code.

This is the result:

Command: (setq lst1 (list 1.0 "One" 1))
; error: syntax error

Why is this happening?  In another file everything is working fine, but this single file prevents me from using normal commands.  I've already tried cancelling a bunch of times in case I was stuck in a subroutine.  

Sometimes things get stuck have you tried closing down everything? I mean all the drawings in AutoCAD and AutoCAD itself.

Because I write and test as I go crashes in code are frequent sometimes like as Mhupp has suggested I close everything and open again and code works. 

14 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Because I write and test as I go crashes in code are frequent sometimes like as Mhupp has suggested I close everything and open again and code works. 

and likewise a code that you have tested along the way 'works' until you restart everything (often a forgotten variable hanging about).... restart is always a good 'nearly finished' test of a code

• Agree 1