Draw a 2D Bolt and Pipe Thread

I am in a mechanical design class in highschool and am having trouble drawing bolts and pipe thread for out assignments, We have to make the threads realistic not like just lines on the bolt. I am pretty much done all the drawings except for the bolts and pipe threads on each drawing, any help would be greatly appreciated on how to draw these, Examples of what I have to draw: 5/18 18UNC x 1 1/4 Capscrew, 37/64 Drill, 3/8 NPT. Thanks!

References books:

Basic Technical Drawing by Spencer. Chapter 14 - Threads and Fasteners

Engineering Drawing by French. Chapter 13 - Bolts, Screws, Keys, Rivets and Springs.

Technical Graphics Communication by Bertoline & Wiebe. Chapter 17 - Fastening Devices and Methods.

The first two are "old style" because they were written long before the advent of computers and CAD. THe third book dates from around 2004 and is probably still in use. Some of the best sources of information can still be found in books believe it or not.

The three most referenced tutorials about drawing a 3D threaded bolt can be found by first clicking on this.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?51078-Links-to-tutorials-about-3D-bolts-screws-and-threads.&highlight=threaded+bolt

I don't believe any of the similar threads shown in the above image cover how to draw a 2D threaded bolt. That is why I included the reference books list.

Thanks guys, I figured out bolts to the best of my ability but am having trouble with threads for pipe threads. Anyone able to help me out with that? Honestly if this was for the robotics team I am on or 3d modelling I would probably have no troubles and be done already :P