Two text and line questions

Coosbaylumber

Two questions...

I got two questions for the text and line work abilities in you all.

#1, I used to simply type in RAY and then cold go from one point (Like the center to some curve) and then place a bunch of lines. When tried again, it now says Duh??

#2. I used to have like some ACAD start-up menu that ran initialy or like in the back ground. In it used to be some sort of a written command line that essentially put all text (not the leader or arrow) on to the current layer, and then to current color (or whatever the color the called up layer was using). A sort of Bylayer for Color, but I had to either switch the layers around or... Now all I get for a color is BYBLOCK to which always defaults black/white/neutral. I sort of want the text to go BYLAYER and the arrowheads to 7 or very fine.

What file do I need to alter for this to happen globally or locally, but not just for one single drawing, or use? Give me a hint, and consider the era and equipment for the noted too.

All this so that I get a nice even thickness to my text.

Wm.

1. If your version of Acad is pre 2000 the ray command probably wasn't around then.

2. I think you need to do a Template drawing first .DWT and then if you need any startup programming then an Acad.lsp file is what you will want to look at.

There used to be a very simple way for #2 above. Iff'n you had a certain file type, which I did, you then simply added in a certain line to the roster and it worked. Now, have zero record of that here.

Never had to make up any sort of pre- drawing.

Wm.

If you did have a RAY command and now you don't perhaps you undefined the command in some manner. You could reverse the process.

has this all suddenly stopped working or are you using a new machine? It sounds like you had a custom lisp program but more information is needed.

The last time either of the above were altered was a good two years ago. I seldom had call for the one, so eliminated them both (plus a few other things) at that time. Made the computer run considerably faster. Now need them both. Either of which will save me some time then.

Wm.

you can change the Color, Linetype, Lineweight and Text color all in Dimension Styles.

If you're trying to make the Leader and the Text on two different layers you might need a Lisp. Or a Macro if that's supported on your version. But I don't think CUI is an option for you.

REDEFINE

Restores AutoCAD internal commands overridden by UNDEFINE.

If a command has been undefined, you can still use it if you precede the command name with a period. Enter the name of an AutoCAD command turned off by the UNDEFINE command.

Try it with the RAY command you say you have lost.

What specifically did you eliminate? Was it a custom lisp routine?
certainly looks that way to me. Uneliminating them could be the only way forwards.

As per #9 above, I do not understand. Just type in one time then it goes, or each and every time I open up or use the same drawing?

Wm.

When you change the color, etc., is it when you create the text and leader? Or after the fact? ie a Qselect type function that would select all the text on the drawing...

I had one Lisp routine that stopped working when I switched to 2010. I never found out the bug. I just switched to a different method. It was similar in that it changes all my text to Text Layer, dimensions to Dims layer, etc, upon creation.

A Lisp routine can be loaded on startup. So if it was a lisp routine loaded on startup (APPLOAD > Startup Suite), typing the command everytime would work with no extra steps.

I do not think either of the above involves a LISP file. One is a straight command and the other added to some mystery file then.

Where do I begin looking for the mystery file then? I got the information years ago, and have used it over and over again, over the years.

Wm.