How to prevent autosave from saving during a commmand?

MikeP

It drives me nuts how autosave will start as a command is active. Is there any way to make it wait till i finish the command?

Not that I know of. But I feel your pain. Especially on a larger file when it crashes from the Autosave.

This is not the first time this has happened. Cad crashed... I have a autosave for every 5 min. But for this one drawing, there was no autosave created on the backup file window. and when I open the drawing in explorer. It opens blank. Now I know for a fact I saved this drawing. So how is this possible?

It drives me nuts how autosave will start as a command is active. Is there any way to make it wait till i finish the command?

That is why I turn it off. I don't need it. I can save a file.

Forget autosave - turn it off.

I always save myself and don't recall ever saving and then have a file turn up blank after crash.

This is not the first time this has happened. Cad crashed... I have a autosave for every 5 min. But for this one drawing, there was no autosave created on the backup file window. and when I open the drawing in explorer. It opens blank. Now I know for a fact I saved this drawing. So how is this possible?

Now you see why many leave AutoSave turned off. Just rename your .bak to .dwg and you should have some of your drawing.

Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save and Save.

P.S.

Did I mention SAVE?

Once you get in the habit of saving regularly, you won't need to worry with AutoSave. When you're working, create small milestones in your active project and when you've accomplished said 'milestone' SAVE! next-project.gif

Im almost positive the problem is the fact I get that "command is already in progress" and cannot save unless I close the drawings.

Now you see why many leave AutoSave turned off. Just rename your .bak to .dwg and you should have some of your drawing.

Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save, Save and Save.

P.S.

Did I mention SAVE?

I second this post, I have not autosaved in at least 15 years.

I think everyone best ideas and intentions. Mine was set for once every 30 minutes, and kept going off every 15 or so due to the slow processor and largeness of files. Thus never got anything done once going, and had a backlog of files to be saved up then.

Only way then was to get into the drawing make a few quick changes then quickly leave before got caught in the endless loop.

Set it to zero and forget the thing is available for the kiddies.

Wm.