App Store

SEANT

Interesting, there is a new App Store for AutoCAD developers.:)

I may prep a routine or two to see if they qualify for a position on the shelves. Anyone else thinking about using this service?

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/store

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/sell-your-own-products-store

Edited by SEANT

Didn't Apple go ballistic when Google wanted to use the term 'app store'? What will they say now?

But it sounds like a good idea to me - why not I say.

Didn't Apple go ballistic when Google wanted to use the term 'app store'? What will they say now?

But it sounds like a good idea to me - why not I say.

I guess it is not actually called ‘App Store’; I just used that term because it is more recognizable than Autodesk Exchange. I hope I don’t get an angry telephone call from Steve Jobs. :)

The site calls them Apps and the adress ends in Store so its not a long leap to take :)

As much as Apple want to keep their ideas to themselves (patents on finger-gestures...) the term App Store sounds too generec to me for them to succeed.

The site calls them Apps and the adress ends in Store so its not a long leap to take :)

As much as Apple want to keep their ideas to themselves (patents on finger-gestures...) the term App Store sounds too generec to me for them to succeed.

Thank goodness we have lawyers to sort all this stuff out.:roll:

Thank goodness we have lawyers to sort all this stuff out.:roll:

You owe me a keyboard. I just spit coffee all over this one. :lol:

I took the plunge and published a utility at Autodesk Exchange. The whole process was very easy. Though, a developer has to agree to some pages of Autodesk disclaimer that made me wish I had a lawyer nearby.:cry: God help me.

Actually, the disclaimer appears to be fairly standard stuff.

The app is free. I’d be quite happy if some of you tried it – perhaps post a favorable review at the Exchange.

App.png

This is great, thanks for sharing Sean!

Now all I need to do is learn how to program with .NET! LoL

... Just started the AU Course "Creating a Docking Palette for AutoCAD with VB.NET" (CP205-2) after the "Hello World!" tutorial. :geek:

well, that wasn't easy to find! it's the last app in the productivity tools section, for those having the same problems as me.

I would, but you still haven't sent my keyboard. :lol:

What is the difference between this and TxtExp?

This routine removes the “cleanup” requirement needed by some TXTEXP results. Also, the T2G geometry uses splines to reproduce the curves in Font definitions. Without the faceting the geometry performs better, particularly if the text will be turned into 3D Solids.

Some of the newer CAD/CAM packages can process these splines (Bezier segments, actually) directly, thus returning smoother CNC results.

This is great, thanks for sharing Sean!

Now all I need to do is learn how to program with .NET! LoL

... Just started the AU Course "Creating a Docking Palette for AutoCAD with VB.NET" (CP205-2) after the "Hello World!" tutorial. :geek:

The .NET learning curve felt to me like it had this cloud embanked summit. I could never tell where the top was but, before I knew it, I was easing down the backside. See you on the backside.

I remember when you posted that at theSwamp Sean the other Xmas - and what a great Xmas present it was too, a fantastic little program. :)

Thanks, Lee.

Yeah, this routine has been in various stages of development for about 2 years. Of course, just after posting it to the Exchange I find a bug when using some non-text based fonts. :ouch:

Debugging never ends.

well, that wasn't easy to find! it's the last app in the productivity tools section, for those having the same problems as me.

The apps may be stored chronologically. As a very new addition, mine was sent way to the back. Thanks for taking the time to find it. :)

debugging never ends.

One of my favourite programming quotes:

As soon as we started programming, we found out to our surprise that it wasn't as easy to get programs right as we had thought. Debugging had to be discovered. I can remember the exact instant when i realized that a large part of my life from then on was going to be spent in finding mistakes in my own programs.

Hmm . . . .

Exchange - Apps seems to be down (6-24 to 6-25-2011). Maybe Autodesk did run afoul of Steve Jobs with regard to App Store similarity.

One of my favourite programming quotes:

I tend to believe that good programmers somewhat enjoy the debugging process. Perhaps not enjoy, but certainly appreciate the epiphany associated with a tricky bug’s discovery. Kind of like how the extraction of a splinter from a finger generates such a sense of relief that it almost makes getting the splinter seem worthwhile.

Debugging is one of the most important aspects of programming.

Unless you are logging or printingLining you are blind and do not know for sure what is going on in the application.

Same as running a program you bought from a store.

You can do all the planning, design analysist, theory etc.... but that will never be a working program.

Debugging allows you see how your objects change state, and just being able to associate the abstract ideas with visual representations make a huge difference.

The best way to learn a program is to debug it.

Debugging not just meaning finding errors

I remember a time, early on, thinking it would be cool to know programming so well that a routine could be written in its entirety and run successfully, first time out.

It wasn’t too long before I realized that it was a rather dubious endeavor. Even if the project were basic enough to make that a legitimate possibility, effort was better spent - and certainly more interesting - by pushing the envelope.

Edited by SEANT
grammar

I have not been programming very long but,

when I starting to learn it was like reading a paragraph once I started to understand the paragraph I realized it was paragraph on a page.

When I got a understanding of the whole page I realized it was just one page in a chapter .....then a book .....then the book is a part of a set.

Probably will die before I finish the first book though.